Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

thanks for that info!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

This is the release for the new amiibo waves, form the official UK Nintendo Twitter
    CBielJyWoAA1pRy.png

Splatoon amiibo and the game itself are also out on May 29th so 5 amiibo in May.
    Woolly World and the new Yoshi amiibo are out on the 26th of June so my guess is thats when the amiibo will come out, 7 in June if you count the 3 different Yoshi colours.
    And just 3 in July for now, I think more new non smash amiibo will be announced before then, or the DLC smash characters amiibo (Mewtwo and Lucas)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This is the release for the new amiibo waves, form the official UK Nintendo Twitter
    CBielJyWoAA1pRy.png

Splatoon amiibo and the game itself are also out on May 29th so 5 amiibo in May.
    Woolly World and the new Yoshi amiibo are out on the 26th of June so my guess is thats when the amiibo will come out, 7 in June if you count the 3 different Yoshi colours.
    And just 3 in July for now, I think more new non smash amiibo will be announced before then, or the DLC smash characters amiibo (Mewtwo and Lucas)

When can we pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    When can we pre-order?

Yoshi and Splatoon Amiibo now available for preorder on Amazon.de! Go go go!!!

eoghanie wrote: »
    Yoshi and Splatoon Amiibo now available for preorder on Amazon.de! Go go go!!!

Seem to be gone all ready, how'd you find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Seem to be gone all ready, how'd you find out?

Have been checking every few hours since Wednesday! Got lucky this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths have all the new ones up but their cluster (insert vulgar word) site no longer allows preordering on them, the yarn yoshi look awesome.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-824/nintendo-amiibo/?pageSize=48&page=1&viewAll=False

Smyths have all the new ones up but their cluster (insert vulgar word) site no longer allows preordering on them, the yarn yoshi look awesome.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-824/nintendo-amiibo/?pageSize=48&page=1&viewAll=False

Can they be pre-ordered in store? Wgats the story with gamestop, can we preorder them there even though they aren't up on the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

you can preorder the spatoon bundle, the game and the inkling amiibo on smyths!

Can they be pre-ordered in store? Wgats the story with gamestop, can we preorder them there even though they aren't up on the site?

Not sure if it can be done in store neither will be in later to get tickets for wrestlers and will ask I need that ganondorf amiibo.

• Advertisement

Two game bundles preordered anyway. Going try the gamestop later.

You can't order amiibo in smyths, I've asked them, don't think you can pre-order on the site either :/
    €60 for Splatoon? This is getting expensive, hope that goes down somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

As Borat would say.

I am so Excite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The only ones I wanted were the Kirby ones.
    While I got the pink fella himself I missed Metaknight and King Dedede.
    Now those characters have been snapped up by mere collectors rather than fans of the franchise, which is a p1sser tbh.
    Pacman looks great but, once again, I expect them to be bought it out by collectors instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I love the look of the Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. ones. Those, along with Wario, may finally make me get a few of these!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr Mario looks fantastic tbh
    Not sure how useful the character will be outside of Smash, which I have barely played.

You can't pre-order in gamestop yet, the new ones are not on the system yet, they told me maybe next week when the system gets updated after the long weekend, so maybe when they go up on the site you can do it in store I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I ordered Greninja from Amazon.fr this morning. How reliable are Littlewoods when it comes to new waves of amiibo? I recall they had all the Super Mario amiibo when those were released, but are they expected to get the upcoming Smash Bros. figures?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I ordered Greninja from Amazon.fr this morning. How reliable are Littlewoods when it comes to new waves of amiibo? I recall they had all the Super Mario amiibo when those were released, but are they expected to get the upcoming Smash Bros. figures?

Its not guaranteed, they are a bit like argos in that respect, its random if they will have them or not.

Its not guaranteed, they are a bit like argos in that respect, its random if they will have them or not.
    Hmm. How about Smyths? They're listing the new amiibo, but there isn't an option to pre-order them. Collecting these figures is a nightmare.

• Advertisement

If anyone is looking for the Yoshi and Splatoon amiibo/game combo packs, they are up on Amazon.fr for a tenner less each than Smyths.
    Amazon.fr has terrible packaging (I know from experience) and they took ages with everyone's Majora 3DSXL .

edit- actually sorry, I'm wrong there with that. The Yoshi pack is the same price but the Splatoon one is 20 quid cheaper 49.99 as oppossed to 69.99

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Hmm. How about Smyths? They're listing the new amiibo, but there isn't an option to pre-order them. Collecting these figures is a nightmare.

You can't pre-order amiibo at smyths either, I asked them the other week, told me it was 1st come 1st serve on the day and you gotta get in early. They show the amiibo on their site, but they showed Rosalina, shulk and others in their site then took them down or never got them in. There is no guarantee to get any of them really

Last two I want are Robin and Lucina

but the Splatoon one is 20 quid cheaper 49.99 as oppossed to 69.99

Gutted gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You can sign up to be notified when it becomes available again. By doing so, it may also mean it might be available elsewhere.
    http://www.amazon.fr/Splatoon-Special-amiibo-Wii-U/dp/B00VK5OL3G/
    Same on German site
    http://www.amazon.de/Splatoon-Special-amiibo-Wii-U/dp/B00VK5OL3G/

http://jpgames.de/2015/04/woll-yoshi-amiibo-und-limited-edition-jetzt-vorbestellbar/

Gotta be Barry Allen when pre-ordering amiibo junk.
    Which is frustrating sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I confused Barry Allen with Barry Scott there for a minute. But it still works. Bang! And the amiibos are gone! That's turbo power...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Gotta be Barry Allen when pre-ordering amiibo junk.
    Which is frustrating sometimes.
    Banjo wrote: »
    I confused Barry Allen with Barry Scott there for a minute. But it still works. Bang! And the amiibos are gone! That's turbo power...

Or Pietro Maximoff.. ;):pac:

The upcoming waves are available at ShopTo. Well, they would be if the site would actually load. The demand for amiibo has killed it.

• Advertisement

Sweet, the splatoon amiibo bundle is up their too! cheers for that!!
    http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUAM46-amiibo-splatoon-squid-bundle

shopto has left the internet :pac:

Advertisement