Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I'm giving up, its not fun anymore, too stressful. I'll get a charizard and I'm done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Which is feck all so.

Might try pre-order some in gamestop or something. Getting really annoying now trying to find bits of plastic before they even release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Shopto.net has the new waves for preorder, so does game.co.uk but you need parcel motel for them. also the euro/pound exchange rate aint the best right now either so you will pay a bit more for them.

No where seems to have that yarn yoshi on its own.
    Hes in smyths but they dont do pre orders. and on game.co.uk cant preorder him yet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just for anyone that is thinking of ordering from Game, I would advise ordering them straight away rather than waiting. Even if they still have them up for pre-order on their website after 2 or 3 days, I know from experience they are probably long gone. Game just fail to tell you that until weeks later.

Anyone have orders cancelled because of their 'only one Amiibo' rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just saw that. Now the Muricans have to go else where lol. Bout time a site did this.

To be fair this is pretty hypocritical - it's ok for one nation to take the Brit's Amiibo's but not another?

I'll probably get the Yoshi ones. They're so adorable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

gubbie wrote: »
    To be fair this is pretty hypocritical - it's ok for one nation to take the Brit's Amiibo's but not another?

I think America has alot more amiibo fans looking for them then Ireland does tbh.

If only we still had GAME here in Ireland, ahh the good ol days

gubbie wrote: »

I think it's more to do with the fact it was crashing their site when they were put up for pre-order when US people were trying to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Corholio wrote: »
    Just for anyone that is thinking of ordering from Game, I would advise ordering them straight away rather than waiting. Even if they still have them up for pre-order on their website after 2 or 3 days, I know from experience they are probably long gone. Game just fail to tell you that until weeks later.

Anyone have orders cancelled because of their 'only one Amiibo' rule?

Ah I reckon they were just cancelling international orders that time and it went do with stock levels at all.
    This time they aren't allowing international orders.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah I reckon they were just cancelling international orders that time and it went do with stock levels at all.
    This time they aren't allowing international orders.

I used my Parcel Motel address that time as well and still got cancelled. Lot of people on forums from UK also got cancelled, they clearly messed up calculating how much stock they'd have and left people short. Maybe some got cancelled because of the international thing but they had other problems than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I ordered Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus from Game via Parcel Motel. They've yet to cancel my order, but I'm worried they will. I hope they do it soon if that's what they intend. I also managed to snag Charizard from Amazon thanks to a page monitor.

• Advertisement

elekid wrote: »
    I think you're working off the American dates, Jigglypuff and Greninja haven't been added to Wave 4 in Europe. Here's the Amiibo release schedule for Europe :

- 24th April: Wave 4 Charizard, Wario, Ness, Robin, Lucina and Pac Man will be released.

- 29th May: Greninja, Jigglypuff, Splatoon Boy, Splatoon Girl and Inkling will be released. The Inkling Amiibo will only be packaged with a special edition of Splatoon in Europe, not sold separately or in a triple pack.

- June 2015: Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit and Zero Suit Samus will be released

- 26th June: Green, pink and blue knitted Yoshi Amiibos will be released. Green Wool Yoshi will be bundled with Yoshis Woolly World. I don't remember anything about a triple pack but I may be wrong.

- July 2015: Olimar, Bowser Jr. and Doctor Mario will be released

- Autumn 2015: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer will be released for 3DS along with Animal Crossing Amiibo cards and the 3DS Amiibo reader

Are these European dates definite?

There seem to be varying dates about when the next wave (Ness, Lucina etc) will be out. Definitely in April?

Need to know so can have the funds in place for the pre order.

Edit: That does seem to be in line with the official date given out alright. Thanks for those.

Corholio wrote: »
    Are these European dates definite?

There seem to be varying dates about when the next wave (Ness, Lucina etc) will be out. Definitely in April?

Need to know so can have the funds in place for the pre order.

Edit: That does seem to be in line with the official date given out alright. Thanks for those.

Ness, Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Pac-Man and Wario all come out here on the 24th April. I don't think You can still Order them anywhere tho, but I'm not too sure on that.

Managed to get a Jigglypuff and a Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo earlier on Amazon.de. Only became available for about 10 minutes it seems.

So, unless they just won't load up for me it seems that, Lucina, Robin, Pac-man and Ness have been taken down from the Smyths site, which if we remember how the past has gone, they won't be getting any of them in stock? Charizard and Wario are still there.

anyone any luck preordering the Yarn Yoshi Green amiibo? missed my chance on amazon.de. Question to anyone that picks amiibo up on launch day, how are smyths for picking them up, good chance or no cause it seems like that may be the last option.

anyone any luck preordering the Yarn Yoshi Green amiibo? missed my chance on amazon.de. Question to anyone that picks amiibo up on launch day, how are smyths for picking them up, good chance or no cause it seems like that may be the last option.

For smyths its first come first serve so you have to be in to them as early as possible, they have taken down all but 2 of the next wave of amiibo so there is little chance, unless you want Charizard and Wario who are still up on the site.

How do Littlewoods deliver amiibo? I've seen complaints about their packaging. I don't particularly care if the boxes are damaged, but do the amiibo themselves come unharmed?

For smyths its first come first serve so you have to be in to them as early as possible, they have taken down all but 2 of the next wave of amiibo so there is little chance, unless you want Charizard and Wario who are still up on the site.

they are still up unless im looking at the wrong wave? (page 2) they have yarn yoshi and gannondorf up. they're the ones im after and im thinking probably last option as i keep missing the preorders might be to chance going to smyths on launch and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    How do Littlewoods deliver amiibo? I've seen complaints about their packaging. I don't particularly care if the boxes are damaged, but do the amiibo themselves come unharmed?

In a jiffy bag. Boxes will be damaged but the amiibo itself should be fine.

they are still up unless im looking at the wrong wave? (page 2) they have yarn yoshi and gannondorf up. they're the ones im after and im thinking probably last option as i keep missing the preorders might be to chance going to smyths on launch and hope for the best.
    Ness, Lucina, Robin and Pac-Man are missing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll certainly queue for the Yarn Yoshi triple pack.
    Any ideas of how much its going to cost?
    I'm hoping around 40 or so.
    And then, to open or not to open?
    OPEN!

They have the bundle up for €70
    Order it but I'm nor sure if I really want it at that price, tho the yoshi is nice.
    I assume they are more expensive because they are special and hand made I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ordered the green yoshi from shopto, €28 including postage :( ugh, but sure feck it, guaranteed to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Any one else have trouble with Game ? I keep getting Request-URI Too Large for the past week when i try and place an order

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Any one else have trouble with Game ? I keep getting Request-URI Too Large for the past week when i try and place an order
    They stopped international orders for amiibo products. So maybe thats the problem?

They stopped international orders for amiibo products. So maybe thats the problem?

Yes I was getting that too before I used Parcel Motel address and worked then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

They have the bundle up for €70
    Order it but I'm nor sure if I really want it at that price, tho the yoshi is nice.
    I assume they are more expensive because they are special and hand made I guess?

They had it on their site a couple of weeks ago for €60 which I pre ordered. Just as well I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ordered the green yoshi from shopto, €28 including postage :( ugh, but sure feck it, guaranteed to have it.

Would you not buy it from Smyths? It's cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Greninja and Jigglypuff available on French website Fnac.com. They deliver to Ireland but it's not cheap!

Advertisement