Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just curious if anyone has bought all the available Amiibo's so far, and if so, how much have you spent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This thread is dangerous.

I've nearly popped my amiibo cherry on multiple occasions because of it but thankfully the cost puts me off each time.

I had a look on the Argos site a minute ago and within a few minutes I was trying to justify spending upwards of €150 on the ones I liked.

Dangerous hobby I tells ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

It helps that most of them are out of stock so you literally can't spend any money on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I really should have looked into these Amiibo things before I bought them.

The Sonic one is nice and all but I thought you could use them to level up your own character...

...the fact that you can't even play as the Amiibo is a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I dunno, I like the idea that they're a psychotically violent digital pet. But it's a bit arseways that the more you like a character, the more you'll want to own the Amiibo but that clashes with your desire to play as that character. So the better placed you are for training an Amiibo up, the less likely you are to ever let it play. And vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I just want them on my shelf mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just curious if anyone has bought all the available Amiibo's so far, and if so, how much have you spent?

I've got them all so far. Paid RRP for them all except Shulk, Metaknight and Gold Mario. Paid slightly over the odds for those three. Spread out over 6 months it's not really THAT much.....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    I dunno, I like the idea that they're a psychotically violent digital pet. But it's a bit arseways that the more you like a character, the more you'll want to own the Amiibo but that clashes with your desire to play as that character. So the better placed you are for training an Amiibo up, the less likely you are to ever let it play. And vice versa.

Unless you do like I do, and fight that amiibo as the same character...

New ones still arn't up on gamestop yet, anybody else think its been a bit too long and they should of been up by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Littlewoods have Charizard and Wario up for pre order........... For €21 !!

• Advertisement

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    Littlewoods have Charizard and Wario up for pre order........... For €21 !!

That's expensive! Why do I get the feeling Gamestop are going to up their price as well.

I'm just gonna go Smyths when it's open next week !

I'm just gonna go Smyths when it's open next week !

Smyths have removed all but Wario and Charizard from their site so they might not get the others in at all unfortunately

I only want Charizard next week !

And when I go onto the Smyths website (Desktop Version) they have nearly all of them !

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?q=amiibo#1&profile=IE

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths removed the two Fire Emblem characters and NES, I will fight to the death to get those three next week.

Ness is GS exclusive !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ness is GS exclusive !

I'm fairly sure that's only in the US.

I've never seen or heard of a Shulk being in Smyths or Argos only GS !

Does that mean Rosalina was an Argos exclusive?

I don't think there was 'exclusives' as such, just severe lack of stock. Argos have Shulk listed, they just didn't seem to get any stock in.

• Advertisement

Gamestop also got a few Rosalinas in on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »

Needn't bother. They were gone by the time this was posted.

sligeach wrote: »
    Needn't bother. They were gone by the time this was posted.

They were still up for at least 3 minutes after I posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »
    They were still up for at least 3 minutes after I posted that.

They were definitely gone by 18:37 because I posted it as well elsewhere and had to correct myself. They're selling out quickly everywhere. Nintendo still aren't producing enough of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »
    They were definitely gone by 18:37 because I posted it as well elsewhere and had to correct myself. They're selling out quickly everywhere. Nintendo still aren't producing enough of them.

It seems that also, most or all stores should limit them to one per customer.
    As soon as they're sold out somewhere (even before they're sold out in some cases), they reappear somewhere else for 10 times the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

I wander if sales for these be as good if people were not rushing to buy limited stock, Nintendo should really bench new models till they restock other models,

imagine if they decided to be extra greedy and did a 2 pokemon theme ones and made each one exclusive to a ds bundle like pokemon red and blue, so that you would have buy two copies of the game to get them all.

I wander what they will do with starfox themed amiibos , anyone want a Great Fox or a starwing theme amiibo

All signs are pointing to a replenishment of stock of certain Amiibo's. Marth, Meta Knight, Little Mac seem to be the ones that will be restocked over the next few months. Stores in the US have confirmed stocking orders for these figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I want a Tom Nook one. Would love to see a Skull Kid one too though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Has anyone heard anything from their Gamestop.ie pre-order for this wave? They have deducted the money from my account last week, but still radio silence about shipping.

Advertisement