Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from their Gamestop.ie pre-order for this wave? They have deducted the money from my account last week, but still radio silence about shipping.

Was in gamestop liffey street the other day and they said they're not even sure if they'll get enough stock in to fulfill preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

Has anyone heard anything from their Gamestop.ie pre-order for this wave? They have deducted the money from my account last week, but still radio silence about shipping.

they did that with smash brothers gamecube bundle for me too, website said in stock, week later nothing from them, emailed them and they then said it was nolonger available and they issue a refund, took a few days after that for them to update the website to sold out.

Reports are rolling in that Zavii, shopto sending cancellation email on latest batch of amiibos, limited stock again and no news on when they will be more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

If I can't get a waio and charizard then I'll be done with amiibos, so far the shortage **** hasn't affected me because its been characters I don't care about, but no wario and charizard would be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Try Smyths at 9am tomorrow for Wario and Charizard only, don't bother for the others I have been told they're not sure if even getting them, so pissed at missing out on the Fire Emblem duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

So what's everyone's plans for tomorrow then ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    So what's everyone's plans for tomorrow then ?!

Sitting at home waiting for my 6 Amiibo to arrive from Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I spoke to Gamestop today, they said they wont have any for sale tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I see that Amazon UK are delaying a lot of pre orders of this weeks wave of Amiibo until June because of 'limited stock. Might want to check your email just in case if you've ordered from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I spoke to Gamestop today, they said they wont have any for sale tomorrow.

Which branch was this, and do you know if that means they won't even have stock to fulfil preorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

elekid wrote: »
    Which branch was this, and do you know if that means they won't even have stock to fulfil preorders?

Henry and Liffey Street I dropped into today. They said they would fullfil backorders but non will go on sale. So Smyths might be the best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Soranova

Personally, I'm just hoping GameStop will come through with my pre-orders for Robin and Ness... I'm doubtful though, as I still have never heard any word about the Toon Link and Lucario which I pre-ordered in December. -.- Fingers crossed I guess, and good luck to everyone on getting theirs in the frenzy that is tomorrow.

Once again Smyths will only have Charizard and Wario tomorrow, nothing else, there will be very few available so get in as early as you can if you want one.

Permission to kill on sight anyone caught selling these for a profit tomorrow or hence forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Corholio wrote: »
    I see that Amazon UK are delaying a lot of pre orders of this weeks wave of Amiibo until June because of 'limited stock. Might want to check your email just in case if you've ordered from them.
    amazon were a let down the last time around on most of wave 3 for me with 3x cancelled pre orders. I wouldn't trust amazon again.

the old reliable argos is now the not so reliable since they didn't get any of the wave 3 stock at all.

fingers crossed for gamestop pre-orders this time around :)

robin, wario and charizard are available on gamestop right now, doubt they'll be there for long.
    ness, lucina and pacman were available too, gone in minutes.

I'm not into the pre ordering side of this I'd rather see them in person and then buy them. I'll be going to smyths, GameStop and I might even try Argos tomorrow too !

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Do Gamestop ring you to say they have your order to collect or do you just head into the store and hope for the best?

All are up on Argos but no stock as usual, Ness where are you. :(

Are gamestops really open at 8am today ? If so I might get myself a Ness !

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

All are up on Argos but no stock as usual, Ness where are you. :(

Limerick Childers Road has Charizard and Wario. They must have been the first to scan their stock for this morning.

• Advertisement

Time to f5 like Brock Lesnar so.

Nothing in GameStop Blanchardstown not even a delivery. I rang 4 other Gamestops and they said they will have none for free sale in this wave maybe with the exception of Charizard and Wario.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Couple of Warios showing as available: https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=50079

None of the others showing any availability!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

just got all my 6 from gamestop kilkenny was told they have nothing left they didnt have any spare

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Just noticed the Inkling boy and girl amiibo are gone from the smyths site :/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JosephPatrick

I picked up the Wii Fit Trainer amiibo in Argos Waterford today. (€16.99 but much cheaper than what you can currently get it for from sellers on Amazon)

Noticed they also have one in stock in Tralee if anyone wants to add it to their collection!

Argos and their unpredictable stock strikes again !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm rightly pissed off about Pac man, none anywhere.
    I don't think Argos even got them in.
    If anyone is anywhere near a pair I'll buy one from them at cost.

Such a bad wave - i've not seen nor heard of any amiibo for regular sale other than limited quantities of wario and charizard at a handful of argos and smyths and gamestop had to cancel all of the recent preorders they got (along with amazon uk too).

If anyone is looking for the impossible 4 from this wave and is willing to import i'd recommend keeping an eye on play-asia as their preorders for NA amiibo should be going live soon enough (their cheapest shipping for four amiibo is roughly 20 euro) though you can't cancel orders with them and they've had trouble getting enough stock in the past so you'd wanna get in quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Megas wrote: »
    Such a bad wave - i've not seen nor heard of any amiibo for regular sale other than limited quantities of wario and charizard at a handful of argos and smyths and gamestop had to cancel all of the recent preorders they got (along with amazon uk too).

If anyone is looking for the impossible 4 from this wave and is willing to import i'd recommend keeping an eye on play-asia as their preorders for NA amiibo should be going live soon enough (their cheapest shipping for four amiibo is roughly 20 euro) though you can't cancel orders with them and they've had trouble getting enough stock in the past so you'd wanna get in quick.

Yeah I've used playasia myself. Definitely a good place to look if you can't get them elsewhere. But if you're ordering 3 or 4 Amiibos from them you'll be hit with a whopper of a customs charge!

Advertisement