Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Word's been coming in all day about the appearance of reprinted Villagers and Little Macs in Japan, my brother who lives over there can confirm it. He sent me a photo this morning of his local shop filled with both of them. I don't have a high-enough post count here to link it, but all of the villagers have the same alterations to their eyes, so that's not just an isolated change. The new villager's eyes are smaller and lower down.

Yeah I saw the Villagers, I think the look worse tbh, the original looks closed to the smash artwork CEA9TtPUkAEwkke.jpg:large

Left is the original, right is the new

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The new Villager looks in more proportion and more like the original Animal Crossing look. The new Marth reprint is a big improvement though, much better face.

new-marth-amiibo-jpg.jpg?w=780

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ah whats this crap now, variations in the restocks? Great, I'll have to get all of them as well now :pac:

Am I the only one who didn't get a really derpy marth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

dark link and Zero Suit appear to back in stock at Gamestop online

why do game stop have 2 listing for yoshi game on is 10 euro cheaper with the amiibo and one with out that cost more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

Am I the only one who didn't get a really derpy marth?

I was wondering that too because my one looks fine. I think it's the eyes on the one in that picture, they are printed too low down on the face or something. I guess there was a lot of variation!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

jos22 wrote: »
    dark link and Zero Suit appear to back in stock at Gamestop online

why do game stop have 2 listing for yoshi game on is 10 euro cheaper with the amiibo and one with out that cost more

Dark Pit you mean?

A Dark Link would be awesome, either Ocarina version or A Link between Worlds with the black smoke effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    ah whats this crap now, variations in the restocks? Great, I'll have to get all of them as well now :pac:

I'm really sorry I opened my Villager now, cuz the new one looks way better and I sure as hell ain't opening two >.<

If anybody needs a Wario, there is one behind the counter with the other free sale amiibo in Stephens Green Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Decided I'm going to try to collect just the Zelda/Metroid ones, as they're my two favourite game series.

To that end, anyone interested in taking a Sonic (still boxed up) in return for a Sheik / Zelda?

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Decided I'm going to try to collect just the Zelda/Metroid ones, as they're my two favourite game series.

To that end, anyone interested in taking a Sonic (still boxed up) in return for a Sheik / Zelda?

I know our last deal didn't work out for this but I do have a Shiek and would swap for Sonic. Shiek is sealed I can meet in Dublin city centre on Tuesday anytime after 3pm if that would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'll not be finished work till after 4:30, but could hop on the luas and head in to meet you then if you want, assuming that'd not leave it too late for you?

Star Lord wrote: »
    I'll not be finished work till after 4:30, but could hop on the luas and head in to meet you then if you want, assuming that'd not leave it too late for you?

Sent you a PM to arrange meeting tomorrow for this.

are gamestop ie reliable for pre orders, I have spaltoon and Yoshi bundle on order with shopto but would switch em to gamestop if actually have the stop to fill orders that they still seem to be taking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

jos22 wrote: »
    are gamestop ie reliable for pre orders, I have spaltoon and Yoshi bundle on order with shopto but would switch em to gamestop if actually have the stop to fill orders that they still seem to be taking

They're super-reliable in my experience, ordered the last two waves from them in-store and they got them all in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Dark pit seems to be the next common as he is pretty much always in stock on gamestop. Weird considering Pit was a rare and also Dark pit isn't really a popular character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SWWL

about 3 Warios left in Smyths in Tallaght if anybody needs one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kefa

At the moment,

Wario:

Gamestop.ie - back in stock online

Argos - Dundrum (3), Longford (1)

Charizard:

Argos - Longford (2)

Kirby:

Argos - Carlow (1), Letterkenny (5+), Monaghan (2), Tralee (4)

Also, Metaknight and few others, pre-owned/out-of-box:

Gamestop - Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

Have a meta knight out of box if anyone wants to try me for swaps ? Prefer to meet in person.

Have a meta knight out of box if anyone wants to try me for swaps ? Prefer to meet in person.

What are you looking for it, games or other Amiibos, where can you meet.

• Advertisement

What are you looking for it, games or other Amiibos, where can you meet.

Not really looking for other amiibos have all I need. Would be looking towards a good Wii, Ds, 3ds or Wii u game. I'm from cork but up in Dublin this Friday

Swap for a sealed Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, I can meet Friday in Dublin.

Swap for a sealed Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, I can meet Friday in Dublin.

Already have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smyth's carrickmines have 3 charizards, 2 warios and an ike (bottom row 2nd left behind yoshi). Also have a boxed yoshi who's loose from the plastic. Not saying buy him, scan him into Mario kart and return him. Just saying....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iagoliz

any clue where i can get ness or pac-man ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

iagoliz wrote: »
    any clue where i can get ness or pac-man ?

Seems to be cheaper from Japan, where there's no shortage of Pacman at least.
    Check Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seems to be cheaper from Japan, where there's no shortage of Pacman at least.
    Check Ebay

Surely that would be Paku-Paku man though?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Surely that would be Paku-Paku man though?

I want Puckman myself

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Oxendales.ie have Robin and Lucina in stock, as well as Wario and Charizard at weirdo prices. I'd never heard of them, but they seem to be a little like Littlewoods? You need an account to buy from them, and they ask for some kooky information to create one, but there ye go.

• Advertisement

amazon now have splatoon amiibos listed and instead as well as the gamebudle, yoshi bundle is also in stock

14.99 GBP each for the amiibos

Advertisement