Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Guy in Swords just looked at me with pity in his eyes and said not unless you preordered.
    Plus, looks like it'll be Tuesday before I have the game anyways :(
    It doesn't rain but it pours, and me with no games to play....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

eoghanie wrote: »
    They cancelled my order

What did they cancel on you? I have the Inkling pack preordered with Smyths Jervis, worried now..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Now Bray is your last chance

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Would of picked up some if yous had of said it sooner !

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

elekid wrote: »
    What did they cancel on you? I have the Inkling pack preordered with Smyths Jervis, worried now..

Click and Collect order for Greninja and Jiggly placed this morning and cancelled an hour later. I'm sure if your preorder is in a good while you'll be safe enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo UK really do treat Irish customers as second class citizens. Yesterday UK residents got the BBC iPlayer on the Wii U. Today, UK customers will get a 10% off amiibo code to use on the Nintendo Online UK store when they purchase the selected Wii U games from the eShop in the photo below.
    CGINoLfWEAAW_8b.jpg

As I just emptied my eshop account on splatoon, I think I'll try switching my region to engurlund and see if i can get this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I don't get how or why Smyths do the click and collect on items like this, they get (rude term) four per store, FOUR. It should be first come first served, one per customer, once again I'll kill or maim anyone I catch selling these for a profit(kidding, kidding )

(kidding, kidding )
    (squidding, squidding)

There'll be a whole lorry load of them going on sale in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

eoghanie wrote: »
    Click and Collect order for Greninja and Jiggly placed this morning and cancelled an hour later. I'm sure if your preorder is in a good while you'll be safe enough.

Did you get the second confirmation email saying they were ready to pick up before they were cancelled?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    (squidding, squidding)

There'll be a whole lorry load of them going on sale in a month or two.

Just like Villager, Little Mac and Robin etc, etc, sign me up for one of each from the magic lorry. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, it really should be one of each per customer, seeing as there are so few out there.
    But, what can you do.
    Prices on Amazon and Ebay are already at stupid levels for the things.
    To hell with it.
    It's just overpriced DLC at the end of the day, lovely Nintendo dlc :(

All I wanted was one Jigglypuff, one sweet sweet Jigglypuff.

Megas wrote: »
    Did you get the second confirmation email saying they were ready to pick up before they were cancelled?

No. So I suppose they weren't technically cancelled when they were never confirmed in the first place. But my luck has changed in the last hour. Managed to get a Click and Collect secured in a Smyths. I tried it with three stores. As a result I have two click and collect orders for Jigglypuff and Greninja up for grabs at RRP. Will involve a bit of travel though. PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Smyths naas right now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smyth's carrickmines 1 greninja on shelf.
    I hid him behind a bunch of yoshi but that wont fool the pros for long :)
    they also had 1 Wario.

No Inkling packs on display but I was able to click n collect at 11am and pick it up at 12:30

No inkling amiibos, the guy on the desk said that they don't have them as a stockable item, as far as he's aware Smyths didn't get them - he re
    ckoned they were UK only. He said that might change in the future but you could see in his eyes he knew they would never be getting them in,

Feck feck fecking feck

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

Gamestop sending out refunds for any of the new amiibo ordered this morning that went up last night like they did for the last wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

CGK4umGWkAEXzUB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Three Greninja in Smyths Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Jigglypuff is so adorable, so simple and so cute. :) The Splatoon kids look amazing too, I love the detail in their ink-weapons.

• Advertisement

Just like Villager, Little Mac and Robin etc, etc, sign me up for one of each from the magic lorry. ;)

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32915183

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Is there any hacks so you can use NFC tags instead of Amiibo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I read about a guy who figured out the original Skylanders encoding. then Activision read about him, and I didn't read about him any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I scanned my yoshi into me phone and I could see the info in it. Most of it was pretty meaningless tbh.

Not sure if I could now write it to an NFC tag, coz I don't own any.

They use an obscure nfc chip, and nintendo's lawyers are too scary for people to attempt it.

Datel have a thing to edit smash bros amiibo's to have items and stuff.
    I think there's another one too, but I'm not sure what it does. It's like 80 euro or something.

No one seems interested in the extra Greninja and Jigglypuff I have reserved so I'll do it this way instead: smyths Navan and smyths tallaght will have one each of Greninja and Jigglypuff available on Monday morning when I don't pick up my click and collect order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Damn are the inklings are to get?
    I cancelled my preorders as I thought they wouldn't sell out anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Damn are the inklings are to get?
    I cancelled my preorders as I thought they wouldn't sell out anywhere.

I was looking today, couldn't get them anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »

Ah balls!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Star Lord wrote: »

same went looking in smyths and they didnt get them in and went to gamestop, they said they only ordered what they were asked for in preorders , no extras. I hope these amiibo dont become ridiculously expensive.

Advertisement