Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I was so annoyed when Chibi robo didn't get released in europe on the wii as part of the motion games like Pikmin did. I really wanted to play it.

The game has been announced with the amiibo for the US and Europe today. There was a mini direct, pretty much the japanese one but in english
    Its coming out in November and you can only get the amiibo with a bundle of the game so you have to get the game to get the amiibo, which is fair enough I think.

Is the amiibo and game packed with the 3DS connector ?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Is the amiibo and game packed with the 3DS connector ?

No word on it at all, I forgot about the connector altogether :/ I hope its not a NEW 3DS game.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/June/North-American-Nintendo-Direct-Micro-reveals-new-titles-also-bound-for-Europe-1020846.html

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

The box doesn't mention coming with the upgrade, but it also doesn't mention the game being N3DS-only like Xenoblade does. I'd post a link, but new user and all that.

I think it's REALLY interesting that this amiibo is only available with the game. I mean sure, so is the Squidling, but only in certain regions. This looks global.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Baaaaaah I can't find the Inkling Amiibos ANYWHERE for a reasonable price (either with or without the game). Anyone got any tips as to where to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Meesared wrote: »
    Baaaaaah I can't find the Inkling Amiibos ANYWHERE for a reasonable price (either with or without the game). Anyone got any tips as to where to look?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VHWMKEY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was so annoyed when Chibi robo didn't get released in europe on the wii as part of the motion games like Pikmin did. I really wanted to play it.

Just buy the Pal Gamecube version and play it on your GC or Wii.
    I have it and the DS sequel, they are mental!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just buy the Pal Gamecube version and play it on your GC or Wii.
    I have it and the DS sequel, they are mental!

I'll have to try pick up the DS game, I dont own a gamecube (never have) or have any of the gamecube stuff for wii lol. Maybe Nintendo could get these games up on VC, which I could see happening as a new game is out coming out in the series

• Registered Users Posts: 11 commanderx11

I have one spare Greninja and Jigglypuff amiibo in hand from Argos so if anyone wants them i'm open to offers. I'm honestly not intentionally scalping I've just got two extra by circumstance that I don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Why would anyone bother counterfeiting the likes of Pikachu?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Why would anyone bother counterfeiting the likes of Pikachu?

Pikachu in Brazil is like a 3 legged Marth everywhere else. Ninty don't sell to Brazil so you have to go through importers, who jack the price way up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Banjo wrote: »
    Pikachu in Brazil is like a 3 legged Marth everywhere else. Ninty don't sell to Brazil so you have to go through importers, who jack the price way up

Not anymore apparently. A company called NC Games has signed a deal with Nintendo to supply Amiibo to Brazil, the catch - they cost the equivalent of around $50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 viitor

I have one spare Greninja and Jigglypuff amiibo in hand from Argos so if anyone wants them i'm open to offers. I'm honestly not intentionally scalping I've just got two extra by circumstance that I don't need.

I would get the Jigglypuff from you for retail price, let's say €17?

Also, I would like to know where people are getting their amiibos from in Ireland, I've got some from Gamestop from pre-orders but the availability of them in Ireland is so much more scarce than in the UK. The nintendo official store refreshes sometimes with new stock but they don't ship to Ireland :/ Is there an official store for Ireland/Rest of Europe or a website that updates their stock availability? Hunting them in store I think would only work with Smyths but it's also been hard.

Are the amiibos region locked as I have inklings and a silver mario on the way from the US of A

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

No, they're not. I'm also waiting for Silver Mario to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Got a few from japan before they work not a bother.

Also a Bowser as i couldn't find any here, the euro is good against the dollar at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

safetyboy wrote: »
    Also a Bowser as i couldn't find any here, the euro is good against the dollar at the moment too.

got a good place to get the inkling triple pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

CeX in santry has 2 x Peach (10e), 2 x Yoshi (15e), 1 x Link (10e) & 1 x Mario (10) all boxed etc, if anybody needs those.

• Advertisement

Anyone else get their gamestop orders for the inklings cancelled?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Inkling Girl just got cancelled by Gamestop :(
    Bugger

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My Inkling Girl just got cancelled by Gamestop :(
    Bugger

I know balls.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    got a good place to get the inkling triple pack?

I just grabbed them off Amazon.com @ 12$ each at the last week, they had the triple back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Same here, just had my Gamestop Inkling boy cancelled.

Bit of a sham really, shouldn't have them listed as available if they don't have the stock!!!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Same here, just had my Gamestop Inkling boy cancelled.

Bit of a sham really, shouldn't have them listed as available if they don't have the stock!!!

True because I stopped looking elsewhere for them when GameStop had them and now they will more than likely be sold out everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I didn't realised I'd ordered the inklings but my order for both was cancelled too. Damn you gamestop, and damn you drunk banjo for being able to forget what you bought but remember your credit card number....

The squid is going to be the tricky one.
    Though I will probably just import the thing.

same, squiddy girl was cancelled :( The sterling to euro rate isnt great they are all about 30 euros each on amazon.co.uk, cant seem to get any amiibo from amazon.fr or de delivered to ireland, the sellers wont post to ireland.

• Advertisement

Ok, triple pack available here on ebay from australia for 54.06 delivered.

Advertisement