Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I'm just back from Smyths Galway! Though they were down to 1 when I got there. I picked it up for a friend, but it seems the Metaknight restock in Smyths is quite widespread.

I am looking for another Meta, Megaman and Dedede, if anybody has any spare. I have some Trinity, Little Macs and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

I'm just back from Smyths Galway! Though they were down to 1 when I got there. I picked it up for a friend, but it seems the Metaknight restock in Smyths is quite widespread.

I am looking for another Meta, Megaman and Dedede, if anybody has any spare. I have some Trinity, Little Macs and others.

I have a NIB megaman and meta knight i'd trade for any other NIB smash amiibo I don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have a spare reservation for Splatoon girl in Argos Dundrum if anyone wants it. Good till end of day Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I have a spare reservation for Splatoon girl in Argos Dundrum if anyone wants it. Good till end of day Monday.

If it is still going, I'd love to take that off your hands!

Star Lord wrote: »
    If it is still going, I'd love to take that off your hands!

It is indeed, I'll pm you it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Jumped on a Splatoon Girl that was available in Illac, will be picking that up probably tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Interesting but Ill take it with a pinch of salt Amiibo Skylanders connection

http://nintendoinquirer.com/2015/06/amiibo-support-may-be-coming-to-skylanders-superchargers/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

McLoughlin wrote: »

Meh. I'd hate that to be honest. As much as amiibo is hardly the most masculine thing in the world, it's still a notch above the likes of Skylanders which have been kiddy fodder. Joining them up would lower the appeal of them to me anyway.

I'd doubt it. Can't see Nintendo allowing their characters in other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Megas wrote: »
    I have a NIB megaman and meta knight i'd trade for any other NIB smash amiibo I don't have.

Swap a sealed Link for Megaman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Never mind all that. Are we maybe getting an actual Captain Toad amiibo at last?
    http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/06/amazon-germany-lists-captain-toad-amiibo/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That would be fantastic, and maybe a nice bit of DLC for Captain Toad the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That would be fantastic, and maybe a nice bit of DLC for Captain Toad the game!

That would be nice but I wonder what they could do with it?
    Maybe new levels or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Nice one amazon... silver mario amiibo arrived today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, please someone watch out for a Splatoon Inkling Girl for me!

Managed to get one at the weekend, thanks to the awesome Atavan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

selling my entire collection for almost asking price. Incase anyone is interested

http://www.adverts.ie/action-figures/selling-amiibo-collection/8178763

Pretty much close to asking price, considering there are a lot of figures that cost way more online.

Nope, I want Dedede but I'm not paying over twice the price it was in the shops.
    Good luck with the sale and all that.

Im selling the whole collection at face price, individual prices are going to be removed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Please keep an eye out for Splatoon girl kid squid thing please :-(

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Managed to get one at the weekend, thanks to the awesome Atavan :)

All hail glorious me.

Keep an eye on the Argos site for the Splatoon ones. I was just randomly checking and a few popped up in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Meta Knights are popping up everywhere, seen good few of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, please someone watch out for a Splatoon Inkling Girl for me!
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Please keep an eye out for Splatoon girl kid squid thing please :-(

It might be a bit of a long shot, But if you know anyone going to the U.K, Toys'r'us may have them in stock (in-store only).
    Click & Collect
    A little more expensive (~€16.20) than their European Counterpart - E.G. Spain but not some scalper on trying to take advantage,

Also available in Spain, they accept Ireland in the drop down list, but I don't know if it's possible to deliver or how much it may be - http://www.xtralife.es/otros/figura-amiibo-splatoon-girl/18356

Edit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    mod edit

But they are not face value. 300 is not face value!!! Also, your feed back is pretty poor.

LeeroyJ. that's twice within a few posts you've posted almost the exact same thing, if you post this again, you'll be looking at punitive measures.

mod edit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Accidentally searched for WiiFit trainer's SKU on CheckArgos, shows one in stock in Tralee. To the Amiibomobile!
    (deddle eh deddle eh deddle eh deddle eh daaaaah!)

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3259669

They also have Kirby and Fox, though they're less of a big deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

That single WFT has been sitting in Tralee for months now. I'm starting to wonder if it's a trap. There's probably a boatload of captured amiibo hunters sitting off the coast ready to sail.

• Advertisement

If anyone is in Tralee could they pick it up for me? :pac:

Advertisement