Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Are the pictures Josey Wales posted above not of the actual Animal Crossing amiibos?

Looks that way but the next picture is of a card for the secretary character(name escapes me). My two most wanted would be KK Slider and Tom Nook. Would love an Ocarina/Majora set too Skull Kid, Tingle and Darunia specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see on the Smyths website there are 2 versions of the 8 bit Mario Amiibo. Classic and modern

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see on the Smyths website there are 2 versions of the 8 bit Mario Amiibo. Classic and modern
    Looks like R.O.B will have more than one version too.

293911-Robiibo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I read yesterday that one of the 8-bit Marios comes packaged with Super Mario Maker (Probably the original) and the other will be behind the counter kind of thing.
    One ROB for Japan (The Red one) and the other for the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Are they up for pre order already?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I read yesterday that one of the 8-bit Marios comes packaged with Super Mario Maker (Probably the original) and the other will be behind the counter kind of thing.
    One ROB for Japan (The Red one) and the other for the rest of us.

Going up to the staff member, checking for listeners and asking in low tones "have you got any, em, any of those... the classic things.... Marios..."
    "Amiibo sir!?"
    "Shhh!! Well, have you?? And can you just pop it into a plain bag please?"
    "Here, will you give us a packet of condoms as well!"

Hahaha It could come to that one day you never know. Anyway here is the Super Mario Maker with amiibo box CHyhBWrUEAEwJC6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mario Maker Amiibo edition

CHyhBWrUEAEwJC6.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Whoever designed that box art deserves a raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Got an email and a Little Mac that I had pre ordered on Amazon Italy last december and had forgotten about is now been processed and shipped to me for just under 20 quid !

Don't really believe it have to wait till it shows up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Whoever designed that box art deserves a raise.

It's just a shame that the USK rating is so noticeable. It's an annoying part of special editions of Nintendo games in Europe.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    It's just a shame that the USK rating is so noticeable. It's an annoying part of special editions of Nintendo games in Europe.

There really is no need for it to be that big, its almost bigger than Mario's head

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thar_Cian wrote: »

Yeah, just standardise it and use the pegi rating for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Looks like I ordered two Pauletina amiibos. So I'll have a spare one in a week or so if anyone needs one

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Looks like I ordered two Pauletina amiibos. So I'll have a spare one in a week or so if anyone needs one

I'd be interested in taking it.

For anyone who may have pre-ordered a Yarn Yoshi Amiibo from France, it seems a lot of them were......destroyed?

Looks like those pesky Metroid picketers went a step further than a petition!

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/19/rumour-someone-has-destroyed-yarn-yoshi-amiibos-pre-orders-being-canceled-in-europe/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Corholio wrote: »
    For anyone who may have pre-ordered a Yarn Yoshi Amiibo from France, it seems a lot of them were......destroyed?

Looks like those pesky Metroid picketers went a step further than a petition!

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/19/rumour-someone-has-destroyed-yarn-yoshi-amiibos-pre-orders-being-canceled-in-europe/

Thats really weird and bad luck for yarn preorders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

4 Ness, 4 Kirby, and 6 Charizards in Smyths Galway this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

4 Ness, 4 Kirby, and 6 Charizards in Smyths Galway this morning. :)

Kirby's also back in stock online and in most Smyths - except the east of the country. Maybe Ness is there to, like Meta Knight. I like the new surprise/mystery restocking part of collecting Amiibos

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Little Mac is on re-release now in a few places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Just picked up Ness there thanks to who said it ! They had 2 on the shelves I picked up one of them and I rang earlier on to ask to hold it behind the counter for me in Smyths Blanchardstown. So if anyone wants that one just ask !

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nemes1s

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    Just picked up Ness there thanks to who said it ! They had 2 on the shelves I picked up one of them and I rang earlier on to ask to hold it behind the counter for me in Smyths Blanchardstown. So if anyone wants that one just ask !

Could I get a ness off of you please il be up in Dublin during the week I would collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nemes1s

Or if anyone could help me out with a ness I'd be very grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

All I need is a Shulk. If anyone sees one, please let me know! I'll be eternally grateful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

If anyone knows of any Ness (or any from his wave besides charizard and wario) in a Smyths in Dublin let me know!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If anyone needs a Ness in Limerick, let me know. Cost price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Been sick all weekend, now I am off out to hunt for a Ness, wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

FutureGuy wrote: »

Just got to that a little too late! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Does anybody know of a good retailer where I could order the Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo bundle? It's sold out on gamestop but it's pretty dear on Amazon.

Advertisement