Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Grey Wind wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a good retailer where I could order the Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo bundle? It's sold out on gamestop but it's pretty dear on Amazon.

It will be €70 in Smyths, assuming they get their stock in. Try order on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

FutureGuy wrote: »

Tis my ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

It will be €70 in Smyths, assuming they get their stock in. Try order on their site?

I always forget about Smyths haha. Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Ness in Jervis, if anyone spots one in Dublin and grabs it for me I will name my first born son after your username. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No Ness in Jervis, if anyone spots one in Dublin and grabs it for me I will name my first born son after your username. :)

Souleater....don't leave us down :pac:

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Souleater....don't leave us down :pac:

I'm on the case, leave it to me.

Up up and away I goooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just got an email from GAME to say they're processing my order (From May 3rd) for Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus! :D

Ness in Jervis my son will be RobbingBandit Junior. Woooooooo Hoooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Still a good few Ness, Kirby and Charizards in Smyth's Galway if anyone is looking.

Each store that has gotten stock in got two boxes of Ness, so 8 figures, traded in my Meta Knight to Cex so I could buy him today, now all I need is Super Smash Bros 3D so I can use him.

If you ask me I think Robin is next to show up in Smyths, maybe Shulk and Little Mac too and that will be the end of the scalpers on these hopefully, I got €15 cash from Cex for Meta Knight, they are selling it now for €35.

• Advertisement

Didn't know Zero Suit and Ganondorf were out Friday, why Nntendo WHYYYYYYYYYYYY.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Marth is on GameStop online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well the blue and pink Yarn Yoshi's are on the way just waiting for the game to be shipped looking forward to seeing these little yarn fellas in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Marth in stock in argos only in a few stores

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=+322%2F3365

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Shulk also can be ordered for collection

King Dedede too. Posting from mobile so i can't post link but it's there to order from monday in most stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

johnf26 wrote: »
    Shulk also can be ordered for collection

Thank you Jesus!!! :D And thank you @johnf25!!!

Shulk is the only currently released amiibo I have left to buy. Just ordered him finally, available to collect from Friday apparently!! :) To think I nearly gave in to the reseller prices, I was pretty close to buying it from a scalper last week off adverts (yes LeeroyJ or Flanktwo or whatever your name is, I placed €40 asking offers for him and never ever got a response - thanks hahaha :pac:).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thank you Jesus!!! :D And thank you @johnf25!!!

Shulk is the only currently released amiibo I have left to buy. Just ordered him finally, available to collect from Friday apparently!! :) To think I nearly gave in to the reseller prices, I was pretty close to buying it from a scalper last week off adverts (yes LeeroyJ or Flanktwo or whatever your name is, I placed €40 asking offers for him and never ever got a response - thanks hahaha :pac:).

Scalpers be everywhere. Flanktwo, bad as he is, certainly isn't the only one on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Corholio wrote: »
    Scalpers be everywhere. Flanktwo, bad as he is, certainly isn't the only one on there.

Yeah, but he was pretty bad in all fairness. There were multiple people placing offers for his amiibos, he'd never reply for weeks, but he never accepted them, and he broke multiple rules by posting his phone number and advertising his ad here as well. I would have reported him but I was desperate to buy it off him and didn't want to annoy him. Well, his lack of communication has paid off, so alls well that ends well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I have shulk (opened) already but I'm getting another one in the hope to trade for a little mac !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The restocks are real, what an age we live in.

Little Mac is up on the Smyths site again, keep an eye out they might be getting a restock. A few like Bowser and Kirby have been popping up on their site over the last week, not sure if they had any actual stock tho.

A bunch of this Friday's amiibo are in stock on gamestop, Yoshi, Ganondorf etc go go go

I think Smyths get deliveries in most stores on Thursday, must pop into Jervis this morning to inquire about Little Mac, if I hear anything good I pop it here asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Praise thahhhh lawddd for little mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

How likely is it that the Yoshi bundle will come back into stock on Gamestop? It's cheapest there but if it's unlikely that it'll be in stock I'll just order it from Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 viitor

Grey Wind wrote: »
    How likely is it that the Yoshi bundle will come back into stock on Gamestop? It's cheapest there but if it's unlikely that it'll be in stock I'll just order it from Smyths.

I have the bundle ordered from them, but I want the pink and blue ones so bad :(

Hopefully Smyths will have them in stock, does anyone know where we can get them from apart from Smyths? (preorders still up anywhere?).

Argos most likely will not have them on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Just ordered a DeDeDe from Argos, that's me officially sorted for amiibos for now! I've a spare Wii Fit Trainer if anybody badly needs her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Shopto I think still has them.

Kind of wish we could just get to pre-ordering the new ones and whatever bundles they might have for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

So who's still going for all of them?

I'm getting all of the Smash ones. I have all those available to date, and preorders up to Olimar. I'm not interested in getting the Japanese ROB in addition to the western one.

After that, though, I don't know. It's expensive, and we're getting into licenses I don't care about. I have all six Mario ones, and a friend in the States has the Splatoon 3-pack for me. I won't be getting the two Skylanders. I'm debating Chibi Robo. I want to get Isabelle and Tom Nook but will try to resist the rest of the AC group, as I don't play the games. Don't want the cards, though a series from another license may interest me (Pokemon?). I may be tempted by a Pixel Mario, depending on its distribution, but I'd only want one and I'm not too bothered by which version. I have no interest in alternates so I don't own the premium Marios and am only getting the green Yarn Yoshi.

Christ this is complicated. Yarn Yoshi, Pixel Mario and the Skylanders show that amiibos won't all look similar, and a nice consistent collection would be an important factor for me.

Advertisement