Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So who's still going for all of them?

I'm getting all of the Smash ones. I have all those available to date, and preorders up to Olimar. I'm not interested in getting the Japanese ROB in addition to the western one.

After that, though, I don't know. It's expensive, and we're getting into licenses I don't care about. I have all six Mario ones, and a friend in the States has the Splatoon 3-pack for me. I won't be getting the two Skylanders. I'm debating Chibi Robo. I want to get Isabelle and Tom Nook but will try to resist the rest of the AC group, as I don't play the games. Don't want the cards, though a series from another license may interest me (Pokemon?). I may be tempted by a Pixel Mario, depending on its distribution, but I'd only want one and I'm not too bothered by which version. I have no interest in alternates so I don't own the premium Marios and am only getting the green Yarn Yoshi.

Christ this is complicated. Yarn Yoshi, Pixel Mario and the Skylanders show that amiibos won't all look similar, and a nice consistent collection would be an important factor for me.

Was never going for the whole collection and only getting the ones that interested me, and perhaps the challenge of getting the (up to now) tougher to find ones. Will get Olimar, R.O.B. and Pixel Mario perhaps, but no interest in the Animal Crossing ones really. Have no interest in Pokemon either so thankfully won't be drawn into that if they release a whole host of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Have 18 of the feckers, with more on the way inc yarn yoshi, gannondorf and samus, wasnt interested in collecting every amiibo , i was going for ones i thought looked cool, but even that is getting expensive. Does anybody on here have them all? Id say they spent a small fortune! Im gonna draw the line soon..... I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I've got all current Smash ones, the 3 Splatoon, a Toad, 1 yarn Yoshi on the way, orders for up to Olimar for smash, no plans for the Japanese ROB. I want a Pixel Mario and Chibi Robo. I'm not big enough into Animal Crossing to want them so I doubt I'll get them. 41 on my shelf atm either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm collecting the main characters from each main Nintendo series and a few extra favourites. It's a nostalgia thing for me, I love having a collection of characters from all the games I grew up with.

There are very few newly announced ones that I want, Chibi Robo and Tom Nook, but only if he's not bundled with the Animal Crossing board game. I should have about 30 in the end and sometimes question if the likes of Sonic belongs in my "classic Nintendo character" collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Oh am I one of the few here who's collecting the whole lot? I've all of them except for Shulk (but should have him by Friday hopefully :)), and all the current wave preordered this Friday too. I also need a Gold Mario (yes, I'm obsessive :pac:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Had planned late last year to buy one a week but with all the issues I just couldn't be arsed. Not interested in Animal Crossing though if a Pokemon Card Amiibo was introduced with one pokemon character per card that you could evolve the card (example Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur are on one card and you have to evolve the card)

Recently picked up 3 splatoon, silver mario and 3 Yarn on the way.

Oh and if Nintendo work with Lego and bring Super Mario Lego World to Lego Dimensions I will be all over that like a nasty rash.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Had planned late last year to buy one a week.

If I was able to that I would of done that too, it was my original plan aswel. I expected the shops to be full of them like Skylanders and Disney Infinity. Instead I'm pre-ordering to make sure I get them incase a restock never comes :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've ordered King Dedede and Shulk, the former because my Kirby love demands it and the latter because I don't know so don't ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I have Link, Toon Link, Sheik, Samus, Splatoon Girl.

Have Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus on the way.

I want to have the Zelda ones (So need to get Princess Zelda!), and Metroid ones, with one or two others.
    Definitely want the 8 bit Mario one, but can't decide if I like the original or new colours...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I have Toon Link. Ness and Yarn Yoshi are on their way and I've reserved Shulk. I'm slowly being sucked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I swore I wasn't going to collect Amiibo. Which is why I have 5 and I'm eying a Marth "in stock" light on the Argos scanner.... I don't even like Marth! I'm more of a Zelda and Metroid family with Yoshi and Kirby to represent the Classics. How much does it hurt to have a kidney removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Just got Little Mac andddd Dark Pit just there ! So happy haha

We have all now been sucked in, And a t some point we will all look at our amiibo and think 'What the F*ck was I thinking?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

All the Fire Emblem characters are in stock on the Gamestop website.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Where is Little Mac stocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

So... I was in the process of ordering Ganondorf on Gamestop (filling out the card details) but I left it for a while, and I'm looking at the amiibo page now and Ganondorf is apparently out of stock. Does this affect the order I'm filling out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    Just got Little Mac andddd Dark Pit just there ! So happy haha

Where you get Dark Pit?

Smyths. They have all the new wave except ZSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Blanchardstown would be my guess seeing as they have Little Mac in stock now, not bothering with Little Mac myself, I am buying some of these to collect and some to use, don't have any use for the little guy though.

I want Robin,will get Shulk on Saturday to use on Xenoblade, Dedede to collect as I got Meta Knight and Kirby too, would love a Captain Falcon just to have, also want Ganondorf and Dark Pit just to have too. I'll need to win the lotto at this stage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Are Smyths selling them before the official release date on Friday?

• Advertisement

Must be gone. Can't seem to order them

wont be able to order them I think it will be first come first served in store on these, there was a backlash after they allowed people to reserve Jigglypuff through their click and collect a few weeks back.

wont be able to order them I think it will be first come first served in store on these, there was a backlash after they allowed people to reserve Jigglypuff through their click and collect a few weeks back.

Balls. No store near me was hoping could the lot and return the stupid shopto ones I forgot to cancel.

Argos might have them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I'm picking them up for my son on ebay I think he has about 13 or 14 of them at this stage

I now have 20 after buying them ! I rang and asked about Mac this morning and asked had they in stock and could they hold me one please. She said they needed to talk to the manager to see if they could sell Mac before the 26th and she got back to me and said yes so I was delighted. When I got there she was taking ages going through boxes and I seen dark pit and palutena. So I paid for Little Mac then sneakily asked what others they got in and she showed me Dark Pit, Palutena and half of Ganons face haha. So I said I'll take Dark pit too please and off I went happy as Larry (Not that Larry)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Star Lord wrote: »
    I have Link, Toon Link, Sheik, Samus, Splatoon Girl.

Where did you order Toon Link from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

We have all now been sucked in, And a t some point we will all look at our amiibo and think 'What the F*ck was I thinking?'

Ah stop, it'll be like the beanie babies all over again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

does anyone know exactly what amiibo are released this Friday?

3x yoshi
    Zero Suit Samus
    Palutena
    Dark Pit
    Ganondorf
    Olimar
    Dr. Mario
    Bowser Jr.
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I thought the last three aren't being released until the middle of next month. As far as I know, it's just the Yoshi amiibo and the other four Smash Bros. amiibo that are out this week.

Advertisement