Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Just the top 5 on your list on Friday. The bottom 3 aren't out until July

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Where did you order Toon Link from?

He came from another boardsie, that I think grabbed him from Argos when he was first released.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I had planned on getting one or two a week depending on how I felt but then stick issues hit and I went a bit mad and now it looks like they all out again and there was no need to panic.
    I have:
    Pac man
    Ness
    Shulk
    Dedede
    Lucina
    Charizard
    meta knight
    Robin
    Sonic
    Toad
    Lucario
    Mega Man ( had to get it !)
    Bowser Smash version
    Ike
    Sheik
    Toon link
    Rosalina
    Mario with Mario Party Bundle
    Squid with Splatoon bundle
    Marth
    Falcon
    Wario
    Wii Trainer
    Zelda
    Kirby ( little pink bubble is the only one I opened so far)
    Diddy king
    Villager
    Luigi smash
    Kid ick
    Mac
    Ganondorf (came early from shopto but not with the rest of the ones I forgot to cancel the preorder of and now all four cost £4 pounds each to post)
    Greninja
    Jigglypuff
    Silver Mario

I've spent a shooting amount on them but in my defense I've spent a shocking smount since Jan on wiiu stuff.
    I'm running out if space to hide them from the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

My Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo bundle that I ordered from GameStop just arrived in the post! All is forgiven GameStop, you're my new favourite game shop! :pac: The yarn Yoshi is so so Cute and bigger than I expected, and I didn't realise he doesn't have a plastic base like all other amiibos, so he looks like a proper teddy bear that you can cuddle, awwww! :):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I am so gonna rob you. :cool:

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I had planned on getting one or two a week depending on how I felt but then stick issues hit and I went a bit mad and now it looks like they all out again and there was no need to panic.
    I have:
    Pac man
    Ness
    Shulk
    Dedede
    Lucina
    Charizard
    meta knight
    Robin
    Sonic
    Toad
    Lucario
    Mega Man ( had to get it !)
    Bowser Smash version
    Ike
    Sheik
    Toon link
    Rosalina
    Mario with Mario Party Bundle
    Squid with Splatoon bundle
    Marth
    Falcon
    Wario
    Wii Trainer
    Zelda
    Kirby ( little pink bubble is the only one I opened so far)
    Diddy king
    Villager
    Luigi smash
    Kid ick
    Mac
    Ganondorf (came early from shopto but not with the rest of the ones I forgot to cancel the preorder of and now all four cost £4 pounds each to post)
    Greninja
    Jigglypuff
    Silver Mario

I've spent a shooting amount on them but in my defense I've spent a shocking smount since Jan on wiiu stuff.
    I'm running out if space to hide them from the missus.

• Advertisement

I am so gonna rob you. :cool:

Should I be concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

If people are getting their amiibo and Yoshi early from Gamestop, does that mean I can go in today and pick up my order?

Also that Flanktwo guy is selling Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Palutena and ZSS on adverts already. I think we have a full on Scalper here. €80

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Should I be concerned?
    Moreso if 'Rob' is a euphemism for something worse that he can't say on a family forum.

So, for the "hide from yer missus"ers, I've reached a point where I have undeclared Amiibos that I can't display beside their "legal" brethren, and I can't use them because that would involve taking them from their hiding place and touching them off the WiiU pad which is in plain sight in the front room.... so what's the point in having them?

Also, any suggestion that the Splatoon Amibo will ever have functionality outside of Splatoon (specifically saving me DLC money in Smash or activating a new outfit or 3 in Mariokart)? Or are they essentially decorative once you unlock all the extras with them?

Banjo wrote: »
    Also, any suggestion that the Splatoon Amibo will ever have functionality outside of Splatoon (specifically saving me DLC money in Smash or activating a new outfit or 3 in Mariokart)? Or are they essentially decorative once you unlock all the extras with them?

They unlock skins in Yoshi Woolly World.......

Super Mario Maker bundle with 8-bit Mario is up for order on Smyths if anyone is interested.

Nah I just love to steal is all, it's not like my name is Robert or anything, imagine that. What the fcuk kind of euphemism is Rob btw?
    Banjo wrote: »
    Moreso if 'Rob' is a euphemism for something worse that he can't say on a family forum.

So, for the "hide from yer missus"ers, I've reached a point where I have undeclared Amiibos that I can't display beside their "legal" brethren, and I can't use them because that would involve taking them from their hiding place and touching them off the WiiU pad which is in plain sight in the front room.... so what's the point in having them?

• Advertisement

Noticed on HUKD in the past few days a few of the English sites are getting Ness, Charizard and others back in but charging a premium for them, hope argos don't decide to up the price on Shulk and King Dedede just to make a few quid.

If people are getting their amiibo and Yoshi early from Gamestop, does that mean I can go in today and pick up my order?

I don't think they can, I preorder mine there and they let me know they're ready and waiting for me the day before, but I can only buy them on Friday. Can't wait for the next lot of 6, plus Shulk, tomorrow (my poor wallet!).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, not a chance. They'd get in bother for breaking the street date. Orders that are posted to ensure they'll be there for launch are dependant on external forces, so they can't control that.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

I'm picking up a Marth amiibo from Argos today for a friend. I had 1 other reserved for myself but have decided against it (don't have smash bros yet!). If one of ye want I can pick it up for you. Just pay cost price and postage.

Star Lord wrote: »
    No, not a chance. They'd get in bother for breaking the street date. Orders that are posted to ensure they'll be there for launch are dependant on external forces, so they can't control that.

Fond memories of street date from my days in xtravision.

Phone call from area manager at like 8.30 (store closing at 10) - 'such and such have broken the release date, put everything out for sale now!'

Might have 3 people in before close on a Thursday, not a one was buying games.
    Much ado about nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

My green Yarn Yoshi amiibo also arrived this morning from GameStop. I'm still waiting on Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus from Amazon, even though they were dispatched on Sunday.
    Super Mario Maker bundle with 8-bit Mario is up for order on Smyths if anyone is interested.
    The €70 price tag is putting me off. Do we have any idea as to how it'll be priced elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Ho boy, four nice brown boxes marked Gamestop sitting here beside me, this is gonna be fun....

Until I try to fit them on my shelf. Because Jigglers and Greninja seriously took up the last two atoms of free space on it.

Guys, I can't deal with how cute the yarn Yoshi amiibo is. Have it in my hand now. Oh my god. If you only ever get one amiibo, get one of these yarn versions. Just be warned, it's so cute it actually hurts to look at it. Didn't think that was possible, but it is. :pac:

Okay the four boxes contained Yoshi, Dark Pit, Palutena and Ganondorf. No email confirmation of Zero Suit Samus being sent, though I definitely ordered her. Too soon to contact them...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I ordered Yoshi Woolly World with the Amiibo from Smyths a few months ago. Haven't heard anything about it since and it is out tomorrow.

Are Smyths usually good for pre-orders? Never used them before.

• Advertisement

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    The €70 price tag is putting me off. Do we have any idea as to how it'll be priced elsewhere?

Gamestop might end up doing it a little cheaper but they don;t have it on the site yet. I ordered with Smyths to secure one really

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Gamestop might end up doing it a little cheaper but they don;t have it on the site yet. I ordered with Smyths to secure one really

is the amiibo not been sold on its own do you no?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

We regret to inform you that due to a delay in the delivery coming in to our warehouse, we have had to cancel your order for the Amiibo Dark Pit – Wii U.

thanks gamestop :(

johnf26 wrote: »
    is the amiibo not been sold on its own do you no?

Thre is two 8-Bit Mario, the original mario colours one comes with the game and the new mario colours will be sold by itself, when and where tho I'm not sure, around the same date as the game tho I assume

Hmm. I thought Palutena would knock Dedede of the throne for "best looking amiibo." Turns out Ganondorf has them both beat. This guy is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

Okay the four boxes contained Yoshi, Dark Pit, Palutena and Ganondorf. No email confirmation of Zero Suit Samus being sent, though I definitely ordered her. Too soon to contact them...?

Exact same for me and they haven't cancelled her so I wonder what the hold up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

johnf26 wrote: »
    We regret to inform you that due to a delay in the delivery coming in to our warehouse, we have had to cancel your order for the Amiibo Dark Pit – Wii U.

thanks gamestop :(

That sucks. I ordered Dark Pit too, I hope I don't get it cancelled on me. :U

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Any of these worth getting for €13 each. Never bought an amiibo before but apparently some are valaubale.

These are in a GAME store.

Wiifit trainer, diddy long, luigi, yoshi and some super smash bros little kid in red hat and yellow and blue shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

Tinie wrote: »
    Any of these worth getting for €13 each. Never bought an amiibo before but apparently some are valaubale.

These are in a GAME store.

Wiifit trainer, diddy long, luigi, yoshi and some super smash bros little kid in red hat and yellow and blue shirt.

I'd pay you to pick up a Ness for me :') (kid in red hat)
    Out of those WFT and Ness are the most valuable/rare.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Megas wrote: »
    I'd pay you to pick up a Ness for me :') (kid in red hat)
    Out of those WFT and Ness are the most valuable/rare.

Name your price dude ;)

How much value are we taking here. Also is there any way to use the nfc on them without opening the packaging or is that wishful thinking?

Advertisement