Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's a metal sticker that prevents you using them in the pack. You can open the pack along the bottom and use a screw driver or knife to scrape away enough of the sticker for it to work, then glue the pack back together and hope no one notices :D Also, I've seen a Yoshi get shaken out of it's plastic surround so it could be used in-pack, then returned to Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

I screwed up big time, I was too late to order Yoshi Woolly World with Amiibo, wondering is there anyone in Galway who decided not to get it in the end that I could pick up tomorrow. Please someone help me out

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

Tinie wrote: »
    Name your price dude ;)

How much value are we taking here. Also is there any way to use the nfc on them without opening the packaging or is that wishful thinking?

I could only do RRP + postage to me, can't overspend on him as much as i'd like to get him as soon as possible haha. Would've tried get him myself from Smyths this week if I wasn't working!

I could also possibly swap if that interests you, might have an extra palutena and ganon if amazon comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Anyone know of any Yarn Yoshis for sale anywhere?

Have my Zero Suit Samus for tomorrow but wishing I had Yarn Yoshi now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A big fat thanks to Banjo, I now have the Squid Inkling Amiibo!
    Epic packaging by the way!

Now I have to decide if I can buy Yoshi tomorrow.... Just in case Argos have the Amiibo one in stock....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

Megas wrote: »
    I'd pay you to pick up a Ness for me :') (kid in red hat)
    Out of those WFT and Ness are the most valuable/rare.

Surely the value on these is going fast if they're being restocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I have a reservation for Marth in Liffey Valley Argos until closing tonight. I can't make it anyone want it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    I have a reservation for Marth in Liffey Valley Argos until closing tonight. I can't make it anyone want it ?
    Give them a call and they can extend it. They did that for me one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 commanderx11

I have a brand new Japanese Jigglypuff in box and was wondering if anyone wants to trade me for the EU Jigglypuff. PM if interested, might sell aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Megas wrote: »
    I'd pay you to pick up a Ness for me :') (kid in red hat)
    Out of those WFT and Ness are the most valuable/rare.

I was in Smyths Galway today and they still have 4 Ness on the shelf, and like 6 Charizards. Oh, and Little Mac is back, get him while he's hot. :)
    aislinnb wrote: »
    I screwed up big time, I was too late to order Yoshi Woolly World with Amiibo, wondering is there anyone in Galway who decided not to get it in the end that I could pick up tomorrow. Please someone help me out

I'm in Galway. Is it the separate Yoshi's you want or the bundle? I could check for you tomorrow morning when I'm in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

The bundle's in stock on Smyths if you're still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I have Toon Link. Ness and Yarn Yoshi are on their way and I've reserved Shulk. I'm slowly being sucked in.

I went and bought a Charizard today. Amiibo obsession is a sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths is €60 for Wolly World with the Amiibo. €55 without.

I was in Smyths Galway today and they still have 4 Ness on the shelf, and like 6 Charizards. Oh, and Little Mac is back, get him while he's hot. :)

I'm in Galway. Is it the separate Yoshi's you want or the bundle? I could check for you tomorrow morning when I'm in town.

No hope of me getting to Galway, but thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I ordered Yoshi Woolly World with the Amiibo from Smyths a few months ago. Haven't heard anything about it since and it is out tomorrow.

Are Smyths usually good for pre-orders? Never used them before.

I got my confirmation of shipping today for it.
    Hmm. I thought Palutena would knock Dedede of the throne for "best looking amiibo." Turns out Ganondorf has them both beat. This guy is amazing.

Really nice looking figure all right. Heavy too, heavier than bowser mario edition I wonder?
    Anyone know of any Yarn Yoshis for sale anywhere?

Have my Zero Suit Samus for tomorrow but wishing I had Yarn Yoshi now!

Smyths Childers road in Limerick has some.

GameStop in Limerick city centre has a zero suit samus free too!

I was just in the Galway Smyths too. The Ness etc are still there, untouched. They also had some Yarn Yoshis on the desk ready to put out after closing time, but I didn't ask about them. Probably be fine tomorrow in most Smythses in that case.

God help me, I hope I'm strong enough to resist the blue and pink ones if I see them. These are the first alternates that are easily available. These are the true test....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They have a bunch of Ness' in the Smyths in Kinsale Road in Cork aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really want them but, to buy the game and the Yoshis is going to work out at an astronomical €100.
    And that's for a game that, if its predecessors are any indication, will last a couple of days at most before being completed.

Grey Wind wrote: »
    The bundle's in stock on Smyths if you're still looking.

I am still looking, Its sold out online in smyths and gamestop, argos doesnt have it up online yet so ill see will they have any either. Im going to see tomorrow and chance and see is there any.

Its the bundle, Im going in tomorrow to have a look. Everything except the standard edition seem sold out online so im just going to chance my leg and see do they have spares.

Finally got my Shulk earlier today. €13.99 in Argos. Suck on that Flanktwo :pac:

• Advertisement

Finally got my Shulk earlier today. €13.99 in Argos. Suck on that Flanktwo :pac:

Shulk has been sold out in Argos in Galway online for ages :(

I am still looking, Its sold out online in smyths and gamestop, argos doesnt have it up online yet so ill see will they have any either. Im going to see tomorrow and chance and see is there any.

Its the bundle, Im going in tomorrow to have a look. Everything except the standard edition seem sold out online so im just going to chance my leg and see do they have spares.

Bundle is up on gamestop now seemingly!

Shulk has been sold out in Argos in Galway online for ages :(

Until a few days ago! I think it was Tuesday evening when a few guys here reported that Argos were taking orders for collection for a few specific amiibo, including Marth and Shulk, and king dedede I think. They were still taking orders this afternoon. Not right now, but that could change again. I couldn't believe when I got this text earlier today at 5:30: "Your reservation number 131486 AMIIBO SMASH SHULK is ready to collect from GALWAY until 01-07-15". I was at the store 10 minutes later, needless to say. And then, there it was. :pac:

aislinnb is right now, though, as I type this he's down to 1 in Arklow, 1 in Clonmel and to-order in Limerick.

Just a general reminder to the thread, checkargos.com is a godsend, especially now that chase amiibos are popping up unannouunced everywhere.

Until a few days ago! I think it was Tuesday evening when a few guys here reported that Argos were taking orders for collection for a few specific amiibo, including Marth and Shulk, and king dedede I think. They were still taking orders this afternoon. Not right now, but that could change again. I couldn't believe when I got this text earlier today at 5:30: "Your reservation number 131486 AMIIBO SMASH SHULK is ready to collect from GALWAY until 01-07-15". I was at the store 10 minutes later, needless to say. And then, there it was. :pac:

Thats brilliant! I'm glad to hear they are in Galway, I gave up on looking for them in Galway and just started to try source them online but I'm so delighted to hear there in shops in town now, that I can literally walk out my door and own it within 10 mins!! Is there any facebook groups or other boards forums where people post if Amiibos are available online or in any shops, I only found this forum today and I've been reading through it and wish I found it when it started because its what I wanted, thanks to ye wonderful bunch of people! I'm just wondering is there any more out there!

aislinnb is right now, though, as I type this he's down to 1 in Arklow, 1 in Clonmel and to-order in Limerick.

Just a general reminder to the thread, checkargos.com is a godsend, especially now that chase amiibos are popping up unannouunced everywhere.

I use nowinstock but that's only for UK and US. but FallSilently you are a godsend because I must say the Argos website is a nightmare trying to find out where they are in stock but my god how have I never found this, but thank you so much!!!

Thats brilliant! I'm glad to hear they are in Galway, I gave up on looking for them in Galway and just started to try source them online but I'm so delighted to hear there in shops in town now, that I can literally walk out my door and own it within 10 mins!! Is there any facebook groups or other boards forums where people post if Amiibos are available online or in any shops, I only found this forum today and I've been reading through it and wish I found it when it started because its what I wanted, thanks to ye wonderful bunch of people! I'm just wondering is there any more out there!

Yup! It's a pity that Shulks seem to be unavailable to order in at Galway right now, they were this afternoon however when I checked earlier, and King Dedede and Marth can still be ordered in for collection next week, so I'd imagine Shulk will be back again soon. Worth checking tomorrow anyway, I'll post here if I find out it's back. :) And Smyths are getting random Amiibo back in stock too, including Little Mac today. :)

Yup! It's a pity that Shulks seem to be unavailable to order in at Galway right now, they were this afternoon however when I checked earlier, and King Dedede and Marth can still be ordered in for collection next week, so I'd imagine Shulk will be back again soon. Worth checking tomorrow anyway, I'll post here if I find out it's back. :) And Smyths are getting random Amiibo back in stock too, including Little Mac today. :)

http://checkargos.com/search.php?searchText=amiibo&storeName=Galway&section=Video%2Bgames&minPrice=.01&maxPrice=100 - without gap between http:// - its been bookmarked on my laptop!! I'm from town and only work in the Tesco shopping Centre so I can check Smyths regularly and Argos too. Is Smyths and Argos the only shops in Galway that sell Amiibo? Thanks!

http: //checkargos.com/search.php?searchText=amiibo&storeName=Galway&section=Video%2Bgames&minPrice=.01&maxPrice=100 - without gap between http:// - its been bookmarked on my laptop!! I'm from town and only work in the Tesco shopping Centre so I can check Smyths regularly and Argos too. Is Smyths and Argos the only shops in Galway that sell Amiibo? Thanks!

GameStop do as well. Hey if I see them available or if they come into Smyths, I'll save you one, if you're in Tesco I could meet you there since it's so close by. :)

• Advertisement

GameStop do as well. Hey if I see them available or if they come into Smyths, I'll save you one, if you're in Tesco I could meet you there since it's so close by. :)

Yes perfect thank you! I'm going to be outside Smyths at 9:30am for when they open to hopefully pick up a Yoshi Bundle so I will hope to pick up some other guys too!!

Advertisement