Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Was Little Mac on the shelves? I was in there tonight about quarter to nine. Maybe he was there and I just didn't notice him. I don't need him anyhow. Debating going in tomorrow to get a ZS Samus, if they'll have her.... just incase Gmaestop let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

zero suit samus is up on argos and every single store has stock, amazingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Anybody have any idea when the rest of today's amiibo should be going up on argos? ZSS being in good stock gives me hope for Ganondorf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Guys, I can't deal with how cute the yarn Yoshi amiibo is. Have it in my hand now. Oh my god. If you only ever get one amiibo, get one of these yarn versions. Just be warned, it's so cute it actually hurts to look at it. Didn't think that was possible, but it is. :pac:

latest?cb=20130724182045

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

A queue of eager Amiibros outside Smyths Jervis this morning! Still some of the new ones there if you hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

eoghanie wrote: »
    A queue of eager Amiibros outside Smyths Jervis this morning! Still some of the new ones there if you hurry.

Same in Galway! Went in this morning and they literally flew off the shelves, they got stock of all of the wave including the Yoshi variants, and they were first to disappear. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yep. I wasn't the only one waiting outside Smyths in Swords either.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

And here I am sitting in work, not even able to reserve them in Smyths. I did reserve a King Dedede in Argos though so I have at least one new Amiibo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Have bought 7 amiibos today. May have a problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Have bought 7 amiibos today. May have a problem...

I now have 55 in total.

It's an illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Someone convince me to buy Shulk and Dedede from my local Argos! I have 20 amiibo now that ZSS and Ganondorf have arrived, so I'm reluctant to buy more. I even passed on the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer restocks. It's harder to resist when they're both less than five minutes away from me, but I can't quite give in.

Dedede is a great figure. Probably my favourite one in my collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I'm here in Smyth's in Swords and they've Little Mac, three colours of Yarn Yoshi, Bowser, Charizard, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Ganon, Ness, Paluntena and Dark Pit.
    I have no money now so can't afford to buy any more :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, I'm here in Smyth's in Swords and they've Little Mac, three colours of Yarn Yoshi, Bowser, Charizard, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Ganon, Ness, Paluntena and Dark Pit.

Oh man... I was there at opening and they had none of those out. Just Ness and the Yoshis and some ones that no one wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Anyone spy any spare green Yoshis in Galway?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh man... I was there at opening and they had none of those out. Just Ness and the Yoshis and some ones that no one wants.

I feel your pain, I really wanted the blue knitted Yoshi but my just can't stretch the budget any further :(

Not to gush too much but I have to take positives from the whole WiiU experience we've had and its the constant delight of each Nintendo release over the last couple of years, including these latest Amiibo and hire they integrated into the gaming environment.
    Wouldn't have missed it for the world

I had to get the blue one as my girlfriend want that one and the green came with the game. Grabbed a Ness as well.

Still haven't gotten Splatoon the game, despite getting the Amiibo triple pack.

Ughhh, Gamestop cancelled my Dark Pit order. :( It's out of stock here too. Only amiibo I ever order lol and it gets cancelled.

e: Ganondorf was still in stock on Smyths so I caved and ordered it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I bought Dedede and Shulk. :(

I also ordered Villager and Wii Fit Trainer from Amazon a moment ago. :(

I hate amiibo for what they've done to me.
    Grey Wind wrote: »
    e: Ganondorf was still in stock on Smyths so I caved and ordered it. :D
    Ganondorf is undoubtedly my favourite amiibo.

btw iz eggon ('tis a small world)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

eoghanie wrote: »
    I now have 55 in total.

It's an illness.

That the gods! I'm not the worst.

Get the three yarn yoshi and I'll get you back sometime next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got my Yoshi bundle at lunch in my local Smyths. Loads of other Amiibos there and at least one copy of the bundle. Dunno what I expected but the Zero Suit Samus and Ganon look smaller than I thought. May still get them though. Still want the Splatoon boy and girl

I have Dedede booked through Argos, be interested to see if it comes through.
    I have to say, the temptation is there to rush back in and buy the blue yarn Yoshi, but I have the green and pink one will be mine by days end, isn't it enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

A Dark Pit just arrived, and I do not really want it. I don't know why I ordered it. I just wanted Ganondorf from that batch to be honest.

iAk4CGVl.jpg

Reading this thread makes me feel I possibly took it from someone that would have enjoyed it more! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have Dedede booked through Argos, be interested to see if it comes through.
    I have to say, the temptation is there to rush back in and buy the blue yarn Yoshi, but I have the green and pink one will be mine by days end, isn't it enough?

Is it though? Is it really? You have 2 thirds of a complete set. Can you live with that?
    :pac:

I've only 4 Amiibo so far altogether - Samus, Link, Squid and now Yarn Yoshi. Want to get Zelda and the Splatoon duo. And maybe Zero Suit Samus and Ganon, like I said.

tinodz wrote: »
    Reading this thread makes me feel I possibly took it from someone that would have enjoyed it more! :(
    If you got it from Gamestop then I'm holding you accountable for mine being cancelled :p

Are Argos only stocking ZSS? It's the only one from the new wave on their website, weird that they don't have anything else yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

reserved a Shulk in Mahon Cork if anyone wants the reservation code ? got one closer to me already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got my Yoshi bundle at lunch in my local Smyths. Loads of other Amiibos there and at least one copy of the bundle. Dunno what I expected but the Zero Suit Samus and Ganon look smaller than I thought. May still get them though. Still want the Splatoon boy and girl

Yeah I was in Smyths Jervis around 1 and they still had plenty of the 4 new Smash ones, I was surprised. This seems to be the best stocked wave so far. No Woolly Yoshis left though

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I have a few spare amiibos but I'm afraid of putting them up for sale at fair prices incase they're snapped up by scalpers and sold on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I have a few spare amiibos but I'm afraid of putting them up for sale at fair prices incase they're snapped up by scalpers and sold on....

Same here. If I knew some trustworthy posters from this thread wanted the spare Amiibos I have I'd happily sell to them for cost price, but I don't know how to find out who wants what.

For the record, the only one I'd really want is SMB Luigi. I kind of regret getting the "planking" Smash version of him :)

Advertisement