Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

baldshin wrote: »
    All Yoshi variants are up on Argos now, very low stock but can be ordered to a few different stores.

€24.99 though!

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Smyths Tallaght has a load of wooly Yoshi of all colours. Just picked up one of each.
    I rang Tallaght after you posted (about 8:45pm) but they said they had none, does that seem likely?
    baldshin wrote: »
    All Yoshi variants are up on Argos now, very low stock but can be ordered to a few different stores. €24.99 though!
    Extremely low stock, no blues :(. Guess I might just buy the bundle.

Wanted a blue wooly yoshi though, my first amiibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Ganondorf is also up on Argos now, seems to be in stock. Hopefully Dark Pit will be up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Go into gamestop looking for a yarn yoshi . . . . None in stock . . . Come out with robin and lucina!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I rang Tallaght after you posted (about 8:45pm) but they said they had none, does that seem likely?

Well unless a few people like meself came in and bought all 3 colours within 30 minutes, then your man was just misinformed.
    Suppose the only sure fire way to tell is to go in yourself. The site says the pink one is low in stock, but doesn't mention stock levels on the other 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I used to think these things were a ridiculous trend. But I just seen the Zelda one. I've never wanted anything more in my life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo is now mine.
    It is simply too adorable for words, so this will have to suffice
    1422399986734.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I think this is a decent enough haul.
    Might leave it there, although I like the look of that Wind Waker Link.

EDIT: And Toad :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dieselol

Have a shulk argos reservation in Dundrum I dont need. Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I think this is a decent enough haul.
    Might leave it there, although I like the look of that Wind Waker Link.

EDIT: And Toad :o

This is how it starts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Are you really feeling it now?

I touched his sword, don't judge me. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a reserve code for King Dedede in Ashborne, good til close of business today, pm me if you want it
    I also have a Shulk reserve code for Argos in Swords, good for a day or two

Stephens green has 1 shulk left.

I was all on for grabbing it but I've been on a binge lately of games and just can't justify the purchase of Shulk as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 viitor

Dieselol wrote: »
    Have a shulk argos reservation in Dundrum I dont need. Any takers?

Hi Dieselol, is it available to collect? Can I have it?

viitor wrote: »
    Hi Dieselol, is it available to collect? Can I have it?

Sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 viitor

Dieselol wrote: »
    Sent :)

Ah, fantastic! Thanks very much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Have a reservation for shulk in argos in sligo, if anyones interested. I brought Dedede and decided instead of buying shulk, id buy yoshis woolley world instead. Nice Weight and detail on dedede.

Shulk code gone I'm afraid, and the Dedede one has timed out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

So after picking up 2 amiibos today (Robin & Lucina), I suggested to the OH, "We should go up to Ikea to pick up a few shelves". OH readily agrees. 10 mins later . . .
    OH: "Wait a minute, are you collecting these things?! That's what you want the shelves for!!!"
    Me: Fumbling for words . "eh eh eh?! No?!" I break under cross examination!!!

Cats outta the bag now! :(

• Advertisement

So after picking up 2 amiibos today (Robin & Lucina), I suggested to the OH, "We should go up to Ikea to pick up a few shelves". OH readily agrees. 10 mins later . . .
    OH: "Wait a minute, are you collecting these things?! That's what you want the shelves for!!!"
    Me: Fumbling for words . "eh eh eh?! No?!" I break under cross examination!!!

Cats outta the bag now! :(

She Who Must Be Obeyed, a creature to be feared.

I'd be fascinated to know how same sex couples manage this sort of thing.
    I know a female couple, one party of which is a gamer, bumps into this kind of argument, where you are caught sneaking new gaming goodness into the family home!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shulk only gives 3 bloody play coins in Xenoblade 3D, first figure I've bought to use is pointless, he does look awesome though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    She Who Must Be Obeyed, a creature to be feared.

I'd be fascinated to know how same sex couples manage this sort of thing.
    I know a female couple, one party of which is a gamer, bumps into this kind of argument, where you are caught sneaking new gaming goodness into the family home!

My boyfriend and I are both gamers. One of the main requirements we both agreed on when we were buying a house was it had have a spare room for me to convert into a games room to set my own TV and consoles up in. Sometimes he nags me for playing games too much... because it means we aren't watching enough tv :)

That said, he does roll his eyes when he sees me with a new Amiibo as he is more of a pc gamer, but he tolerates my Nintendo obsession and I don't feel the need to hide them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If only there were more girlfriends like you in the world. :) A games room? We all know what most would say to that notion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 commanderx11

Right so listen up yo, I was in Argos in blanch on Friday asked a woman about some of them good ol' yoshi bros, she goes on her computer and shows me a page of which amiibos are to be released throughout the year and she has no idea about the yoshi's so I was **** out of luck and now they put them up a day late for 25 quid? Got green and pick reserved but still 50 euro for 2 amiibos is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

Boyfriend is a huge XBOX gamer and PC, I'm more Nintendo and XBOX. We have a brilliant games set up in our flat with all the trimmings! For the first time in 6 years we've got our own Sky Box now, we still choose games! He doesn't mind my Amiibo obsession because we were and still are LEGO obsessed and he understands I can go ORT and pay crazy prices online! But I he was the one who suggested I get an amiibo shelf! So signs on I can go crazy crazy and BUY THEM ALL!!

Damn,
    My better half hates games.
    I do have a games room, for some 13 years now, and its crammed with pretty much most things and the main TV is surrounded by 360, PS3, PS4 and WiiU.
    I've also how an arcade machine.
    But she doesn't want to play them, see me playing thence and bemoans the fact that our son is as big a gamer as I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Damn,
    I do have a games room, for some 13 years now, and its crammed with pretty much most things and the main TV is surrounded by 360, PS3, PS4 and WiiU.
    But she doesn't want to play them, see me playing thence and bemoans the fact that our son is as big a gamer as I am!
    I get that too from my other half. Two sons are gamers and the other prefers playing with trains but he's only three so plenty of time to get him hooked yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The love of my life doesn't mind all the gaming crap and how much space it takes up but she hates games.
    Because she is absolutely useless at them and gets so angry with them.
    I recently moved and had the Amiibo crap tucked away in boxes but took them out the other day and she was bemoaning that the sitting room looked like a shop. But I caught her looking at them This morning and taking them down and examining them.
    Soon I will be able to buy all the amiibo I crave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Damn,

Your games room sounds amazing! I'm only getting started on mine. I love hearing about parents and kids who are into gaming together. I'm hoping my 2 year old nephew grows up to like Nintendo stuff because I'll definitely be his favourite uncle then :)

I can't believe Argos are charging 25 for the woolly Yoshis. Madness. I'm glad there aren't many more I want after Olimar next month if that's how thing are going.

Advertisement