Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

elekid wrote: »
    Your games room sounds amazing! I'm only getting started on mine. I love hearing about parents and kids who are into gaming together. I'm hoping my 2 year old nephew grows up to like Nintendo stuff because I'll definitely be his favourite uncle then :)

I can't believe Argos are charging 25 for the woolly Yoshis. Madness. I'm glad there aren't many more I want after Olimar next month if that's how thing are going.

My mate moved in with his boyfriend and, after a year, shifted all of his old stuff!
    The more we are different the more we are the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dieselol

Shulk 13.99 reservation in Argos Illac center to give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

Dieselol wrote: »
    Shulk 13.99 reservation in Argos Illac center to give away.

How long is it reserved until, i'm interested!

29/06

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I've got a reservation code for a Green Yarn Yoshi in Argos Galway until 30/6 if anyone wants it? Managed to pick one up elsewhere yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wow. Argos are normally very good with prices on amiibo but those Yarn Yoshi prices(€25) are disgraceful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just collected King Dedede in Argos, my gods he's beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dark Pit acquired in GameStop Kilkenny. Good selection of amiibo there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Going to be putting a Captain Falcon and a Little Mac on Adverts at cost price + postage if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

Yarn Yoshis €20 in Smyth's on Fonthill, Dublin. All colours available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone gets a spare Robin send it my way, long story short I don't (can't :( ) shop in gameslop myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jackpot. Picked up special edition Yoshi Island. That means I have an unopened green yoshi spare.

Anyone wants it at cost, let me know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jackpot. Picked up special edition Yoshi Island. That means I have an unopened green yoshi spare.

Anyone wants it at cost, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I have two reservation codes for Shulk & DDD in Argos until end of closing on the 1st of July. Unfortunately I can't get them. So I will share with you Amiibo folk !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Okay so I've zero interest in Nintendo, never played Zelda, Mario's... but saw this Green Yoshi in Smyths last night and bought it, mainly cause it reminded me of Croc from my PS1 days.

I went and got the other two first thing this moring.
    amiibo_yoshi_pink_and_blue_by_smc92-d8z4pwg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Palutena up on adverts there going for below cost price.*

* cost price bring the stupid cost I paid to shopto by accident.

I just tore open the Link, Samus, Dedede and Villager Amiibos and popped them on the shelf, wouldn't do to have them cooped up like that.
    Dedede and Samus are beautiful models.
    That's the suited up bounty hunter BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Okay so I've zero interest in Nintendo, never played Zelda, Mario's... but saw this Green Yoshi in Smyths last night and bought it, mainly cause it reminded me of Croc from my PS1 days.

I went and got the other two first thing this moring.
    amiibo_yoshi_pink_and_blue_by_smc92-d8z4pwg.jpg

57771393.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

I have an extra ZSS if anyone needs one?

Shulk reservation for Jervis and Illac up for grabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Anywhere with the Yoshi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I've a reservation for one in Galway if that's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Had my order arrive today but got sent a green Yoshi instead of blue so I've the game a pink and 2 greens.

Anyone have a blue and like to swap for a green ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MattMurphy35K

Has anyone else noticed the restock of Little Mac and Ness in Smyths? Little Mac is available to buy on the Smyths website for 19.98 (14.99 + 4.99 shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I had heard Little Mac was in Smyths Galway but never saw him. Ness yes, but he's probably gone by now too.

Got my DeDeDe from Argos on Saturday so I'm fully sorted for what I need now, though I'm always keeping an eye out for Megamans. Need to find somewhere new for my amiibos. No matter how I arrange them, I always end up with precisely one amiibo too many for my shelf.

Why are some amiibos going for €50, I went to try get a Jigglypuff for the craic and sure rediculous money, they sell for €15 in Smyths but my local has none.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Scarcity and demand have turned amiibos into a hugely frustrating craze that has had fans yelling at Nintendo to get their act together since Christmas. It fueled a secondary market where scalpers would reserve and buy up as much stock as they could in order to flip it for massive markup. A 50-euro Jigglypuff isn't the worst of it, for a while some figures were commanding more than 100, but now we're seeing signs that Nintendo is getting to grips with things. Ideally, amiibos would be as easy to get as Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I had heard Little Mac was in Smyths Galway but never saw him. Ness yes, but he's probably gone by now too.

Got my DeDeDe from Argos on Saturday so I'm fully sorted for what I need now, though I'm always keeping an eye out for Megamans. Need to find somewhere new for my amiibos. No matter how I arrange them, I always end up with precisely one amiibo too many for my shelf.

Yup you might need to ask for them, I got one on Thursday for a friend when they got in the latest wave, and he said they got a box of 4 little macs. There could still be some left, I didn't see them on Friday morning when they had the newest ones for sale on the shelf, so it's possible (though unlikely at this stage, so don't get your hopes up please!) that they still might have them behind the counter. Worth asking anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 itsme83

I have a reserve code for shulk in Carlow Argos if anyone wants to use it

• Advertisement

Scarcity and demand have turned amiibos into a hugely frustrating craze that has had fans yelling at Nintendo to get their act together since Christmas. It fueled a secondary market where scalpers would reserve and buy up as much stock as they could in order to flip it for massive markup. A 50-euro Jigglypuff isn't the worst of it, for a while some figures were commanding more than 100, but now we're seeing signs that Nintendo is getting to grips with things. Ideally, amiibos would be as easy to get as Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

I've seen the latest amiibo's everywhere, my local Smyths has about 20 Charizards and loads of others, Tesco still has Zelda and some of the old wave... I just want a Jigglypuff to go with my Guitar.

Advertisement