Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

Just bought rosalina for €15 in smyths Galway. Was 2, so 1 left!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

elekid wrote:
    Smyths Jervis St have Little Mac in stock for €15! CEX Liffey St have one in stock for €40. Gee, I wonder where that came from

CEX sell them for crazy prices considering there Disney infinity and skylanders sell way cheaper then the shops do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

aislinnb wrote: »
    CEX sell them for crazy prices considering there Disney infinity and skylanders sell way cheaper then the shops do!

Yeah it's nuts. I just hate the idea of people trading them between shops for a profit instead of leaving them in Smyths for a fan to buy at cost price.

When Smyths were selling the Skylander Hoot Loop for €1, CEX ended up with a window full of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Wow, Rosalina's being restocked too? That's nuts. Virtually all the super-hard-to-get ones have been popping up lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just got Rosalina in Smyths in Limerick. Had a few left as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

TBH, Nintendo was never elitist so I for one welcome lots of these amiibo being re-stocked. They shouldve upped supply of all the newer characters immediately (at least from wave 3) once they realised the demand existed, since all it did was put potential collectors and casual consumers off by the fact that many were impossible to get (or afford).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 commanderx11

Sorry for advertising but I'm selling JP Jigglypuff NIB for trade also if anyone wants to take a look
    www (dot) adverts.ie/other-toys-games/jigglypuff-amiibo-jp-version/8296180

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CeX give €17 cash for Little Mac. €2 is hardly worth it. Look at the shillers on ebay and adverts selling these for mad prices.

I have a Little Mac bought for a friend that has left me hanging with it so far so I might take the €17 and grab a King Dedede in Argos for it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

In Smyths Galway this morning, 1 Rosalina left on the shelf, 3 Little Macs, 1 Ganondorf, and a bunch of the others (including the smash Luigi if anyone is looking for him, haven't seen him in a while). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Smyths Tallaght has lots of little mac, meta knight, ness and others, plus all of the last wave (except green + blue yoshi).

No Rosalina though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smyths Tallaght has lots of little mac, meta knight, ness and others, plus all of the last wave (except green + blue yoshi).

No Rosalina though.

:(

I'm curious if any of the collectors here also go for official amiibo paraphernalia as well, like the carry bags? I know of two, the black kind Argos has and the ?-Block kind. Is there anything else? I haven't bothered, but I may at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm curious if any of the collectors here also go for official amiibo paraphernalia as well, like the carry bags? I know of two, the black kind Argos has and the ?-Block kind. Is there anything else? I haven't bothered, but I may at some point.

There's an 8 figure case on the Nintendo website at the moment that has a 30% discount code.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

Got my Dedede. All three Kirby figures now look real nice too. Smyths in Jervis stil have Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus for any looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jgoatbeard

Got rosalina and wario today in smyths Sligo they had a good stock of rosalina 1 wario all the new wave and 1 green Yoshi yarn

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

a few Rosalina's left in Smyths on Fonthill road. Plus all the yoshi colours, little mac and many more.

With the rosalina picked up today, that's the full set completed including gold and silver from USA

Should I be bragging or embarrassed about this :)

a few Rosalina's left in Smyths on Fonthill road. Plus all the yoshi colours, little mac and many more.

With the rosalina picked up today, that's the full set completed including gold and silver from USA

Congrats, all you need now is a fabled legless Peach.

I have a boxed Japanese Little Mac that's come loose off the stand, unique defect, sell it to you for one-and-a-half firstborns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dammit
    I'm going to have to drive all the way there for my blue Yarn Yoshi now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dammit
    I'm going to have to drive all the way there for my blue Yarn Yoshi now :(

Not before me ya won't!! Outta ma way! It's mine!:mad:

(Why oh why am I going so crazy over amiibo's?!!? I was even a sega kid!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

OK so I wasn't really sold on the Amiibos at first, seemed like extra clutter in my house.

Now that I'm playing Yoshi's Woolly World, I need them all!!!!!

Except the Pokemon ones. Those weirdly don't work on Yoshi. Wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

OK so I wasn't really sold on the Amiibos at first, seemed like extra clutter in my house.

Now that I'm playing Yoshi's Woolly World, I need them all!!!!!

I was the same.
    First it was "Sure I'll just get Link for the free stuff in Hyrule Warriors"
    Then it went to "Sure I'll just get a few of my fave game heroes"
    ....it's currently at "Sure I'll get a few of the bad guys to sit next to the heroes"

Currently have eight of them now.....please don't release Ridley, Octolings, Star Wolf or the Pac Man Ghosts Nintendo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Got my first one yesterday, Smash Bros Bowser. Really like the detail of the figures but I'm making sure I don't start buying them all. Definitely going to get Dr. Mario though.

Ooooh, did you have to pay much for gold Mario? He's the only one I'm missing now, kinda wish I sought him out before the eBay prices skyrocketed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woohoo! Brother got me the Inkling boy and girl in German gamestop for €14.99 each. Though will be next month before I actualy get them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

First you buy 1 Amiibo because it's your favourite character, then you decide to get a few more to make a small collection, suddenly your staying up at 3am to buy 3 Yoshi's made out of wool and then.......

CJAVoYbVEAATWdX.jpg

^That is too funny @Corholio! Oh my God... :D

The word that springs to mind when seeing that picture is
    "Numpty"
    But I guess he's doing what he loves so he's a happy numpty at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Argos have a few human sized Ike's left if anyone's looking for them :P

Advertisement