Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Why did you have to tell me that!!!

Tbh it's what has put me off buying one of these yolks.

I'd say just one more sure it's only €15.

Fair play though it's a savage display.

I wonder will you regret taking them all out of their boxes in say 20 years if the boxed prices become insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Yoshi in Smyths Galway the staff are looking for them too, did get one of two Jigglypuff there though was gonna buy both but I'm a nice guy so I only got one. I'm hoping for some birthday luck next week while I'm up north I'll be looking out for Yoshi and Robin in Belfast.

Btw has anyone used the Fire Emblem Amiibos on Codename ****e yet and do they do anything, I refer back to Shulk and the useful play coins he provides. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I wonder will you regret taking them all out of their boxes in say 20 years if the boxed prices become insane?

You shouldn't have told him that either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Holy jeebus!!!

I just did a very rough count there of about 44 amiibo's

Let's say €15 approx per figure on average multiplies by 44 = €660!!

Fair play. That's dedication.

I prefer to say on average each one cost €10 otherwise I'd have to realise I have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

Managed to snag a Marth in Galway this morning, no sign of Robin or Lucina though. Might pop into the local Smyths and see if they have any Blue Yoshi.

Btw nowhere is safe the CeX here has a bunch of Little Mac behind the counter, Oh Lordy Lordy they'll never see the light of another day. ;)

Where did you get marth in Galway do you mind me asking? and was that Cex here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Those skylanders/amiibo hybrids are going to be pricey as you will need to but the game 4 times just to get all the amiibo variants

Got Marth in Argos Galway. Last one in stock too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does anyone know where I might be able to get the splatoon amiibos? Or will I have to trawl the inter webs for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

cloud493 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I might be able to get the splatoon amiibos? Or will I have to trawl the inter webs for them?

That's where I got my triple pack. Good auld ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

I've got a spare Robin in box to trade for WFT or Ness if anyone here might have one! (dont mind if its out of box as long as it's in perfect condition - just looking to complete my smash collection).

• Advertisement

Megas wrote: »
    I've got a spare Robin in box to trade for WFT or Ness if anyone here might have one! (dont mind if its out of box as long as it's in perfect condition - just looking to complete my smash collection).

Trade for a boxed Ness, I can meet in Dublin area or post to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

Trade for a boxed Ness, I can meet in Dublin area or post to you.
    PMd you :)

what's the chances of picking up or where should I pick upturn next wave? My preorders were cancelled.

Try and get them on Smyths site after midnight on Thursday/Friday they should be up for click and collect, or Argos around 5am on Friday morning.

I don't wanna buy any of this round but will probably end up with the Dr Mario as it is awesome.

Try and get them on Smyths site after midnight on Thursday/Friday they should be up for click and collect, or Argos around 5am on Friday morning.

I don't wanna buy any of this round but will probably end up with the Dr Mario as it is awesome.

The Bowser Jr one looks brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm a fan of the Olimar one, I think the detail on it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

If anybody still needs a Palutena, she's on Littlewoods for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

If anybody still needs a Palutena, she's on Littlewoods for €15.

There's about 7 of her and Dark Pit each in Smyths Naas along with a few Warios

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

You can have mine. I have them ordered and paid in Gamestop. I sold my collection and these are still leftovers from then.
    16.99 each. Usual Gamestop price.

Just have to meet me at gamestop on friday or so.

@OwaynOTT

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    You can have mine. I have them ordered and paid in Gamestop. I sold my collection and these are still leftovers from then.
    16.99 each. Usual Gamestop price.

Just have to meet me at gamestop on friday or so.

@OwaynOTT

Thanks but I'm not in Dublin, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Oli, Doc and Bowsie just arrived in the post, and they look gorgeous!

All three are also available to preorder on Gamestop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Oli, Doc and Bowsie just arrived in the post, and they look gorgeous!

All three are also available to preorder on Gamestop again.

Same here Olimar definitely looks the best out of them i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

you can usually preorder the next wave at the till when collecting the new releases from gamestop. Is this still the case for any of these below?

Mii Brawler
    Mii Swordfighter
    Mii Gunner
    ROB
    Mr Game and Watch
    Duck Hunt
    Falco
    Mario Maker Mario Classic Colour
    Mario Maker Mario Modern Colour
    Isabelle
    Tom Nook
    KK Slider
    Mabel
    Digby
    Lottie
    Cyrus
    Reese
    Chibi Robo
    Hammer Slam Browser
    Turbo Charge Donkey Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

You can get Bowser and Donkey Kong with the Skylanders game for Wii U and 3DS. Its up for pre order now, their is also a Dark Bowser and Dark Donkey Kong so you would have to but the game twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

You can only Pre-order in the shop once up on the site, no?

I believe that's the case. The in-store systems in Gamestop are tied to their online site. I remember when I was bugging my local store almost daily for preorders for Jigglers and Greninja, when they could finally take them, I went home and found they were up on the website too. Since then I don't even go near the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

not sure if it was mention but now up on amazon is the Super Mario Maker Bundle - Artbook and amiibo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010N9S3WE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

McLoughlin wrote: »
    You can get Bowser and Donkey Kong with the Skylanders game for Wii U and 3DS. Its up for pre order now, their is also a Dark Bowser and Dark Donkey Kong so you would have to but the game twice.

The Dark editions sell out super fast on these they're also always €20+ higher than the standard. Gods/Flying Spaghetti Monster damn Activision, evil fcukers.

Anyone needs a Bowser Jr or Olimar I have a spare of each available. Bowser Jr looks awesome and the Pikmin look cool on Olimar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

The Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker amiibo bundle is in the new Argos catalogue. Seemingly, it's exclusive to them.

The three new amiibo are up on GameStop's site, though stock is finally good throughout the country.

Advertisement