Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    The Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker amiibo bundle is in the new Argos catalogue. Seemingly, it's exclusive to them.

The three new amiibo are up on GameStop's site, though stock is finally good throughout the country.

Kool as I was looking at the jp version and thinking of importing it and not being able to use it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

I argos not stocking amiibo any more or something? The only thing I can find on the site is that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

jos22 wrote: »
    not sure if it was mention but now up on amazon is the Super Mario Maker Bundle - Artbook and amiibo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010N9S3WE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

It's £46.85 on shopto here http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUSU07-super-mario-maker-artbook-amiibo if anyone's interested.

I swear, that's my final Amiibo forever.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The Nintendo UK store have a cool bundle that comes with a t-shirt but the sadly don't ship here: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/super-mario-maker-mario-classic-colour-amiibo-t-shirt/11143253.html?widget_id=97741

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Grey Wind wrote: »
    I argos not stocking amiibo any more or something? The only thing I can find on the site is that case.

New Catalogue yesterday so the site will be a mess for about a week while they update things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Some interesting things showing up on it already, though all out of stock and with no images. They list two types of Classic Mario, at two prices, though since they also list a Classic Yoshi I presume that's an error referring to the Mario Party series guy. All the product codes have changed for some reason, so I may have to update my excel file.... They also list an 8-Bit style display stand, and Animal Crossing cards for €24.99? Hope that's for a full box, not a pack....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Smyths in Jervis had a tone of new Amiibo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

New information on Amiibo cards 100 in Series One 3 cards in a pack no prices yet launching October 2nd.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/07/21/first-wave-of-amiibo-cards-coming-soon
    http://www.nintendo.no/amiibo/serier/amiibocard_ac1

€25 in Argos as already posted, fml it's Pokemon cards all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

so a 6 card pack is around €2.50 in yen, but 3 cards is €25? I mean, we're used to them treating europe badly but that's taking the biscuit, pissing all over it and then selling it back to us as an organic artisan product...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's grand
    I can stick Tom Nook's card to a dart board and take shots at the thieving git

€25 in Argos as already posted, fml it's Pokemon cards all over again.

So 8 quid a card then ? I think I see what USA prices are and if I can import a complete collection I'm getting to old for "have have need swap need have ..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There is no way the cards will be 8 euro at retail.

The physical catalogue in Argos lists them as €17.99. Which at €6 a card would still be ridiculous.

Just curious. Taking the Smyths price of €15 per amiibo, how much of that do people assign to the functionality of the chip, and how much to the physical model? Assuming the functionality is €6, that leaves €9 for the model. That doesn't feel right to me. I'd probably go for 4/11, maybe 3/12, and that's without me even owning a WiiU. And these cards aren't going to have the broad range of uses that the models have (alternate karts, yarn Yoshis, Smash fighters etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

The physical catalogue in Argos lists them as €17.99. Which at €6 a card would still be ridiculous.

Just curious. Taking the Smyths price of €15 per amiibo, how much of that do people assign to the functionality of the chip, and how much to the physical model? Assuming the functionality is €6, that leaves €9 for the model. That doesn't feel right to me. I'd probably go for 4/11, maybe 3/12, and that's without me even owning a WiiU. And these cards aren't going to have the broad range of uses that the models have (alternate karts, yarn Yoshis, Smash fighters etc).

Depending on what you get out of the code I wouldn't pay €5 if it's just a skin.

Argos is hopefully a holding price, will these cards be a once off code/swipe/use or can we trade. We will have to wait and see.

So the Amiibo cards are just cards, they don't have the NFC component which is the heart of Amiibo? So they're Amiibo cards in the same way that my big toe is an Amiibo toe - ie Because I say so?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They *DO* have the NCF component, it's built into the cards, so that they have that functionality. Otherwise they'd just be fairly pointless collectors cards.

No they do have NFC features.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKcjM73UYAAVE8D.jpg

Each booster comes with two regular cards and one special card, but I've no idea what the difference is.

No they do have NFC features.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKcjM73UYAAVE8D.jpg

Each booster comes with two regular cards and one special card, but I've no idea what the difference is.

Shiny card probably. I've never actually played Animal Crossing the look of it just never appealed to me but I like the idea of using cards as part of a video game so interested in seeing what way they work.

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    They *DO* have the NCF component, it's built into the cards, so that they have that functionality. Otherwise they'd just be fairly pointless collectors cards.

Ah I misunderstood the comment about them not unlocking stuff in other games - I remember hearing about amiibo cards back when they launched as a possible supplement to the statues that would address the stock issues, thought these might be them but if they didn't unlock anything they weren't what I was expcting. If they're purely for the Animal Crossing game that's a different story. Unless you pull a Villager card :D

Right enough about the cards has anyone spotted anything nice out in the wild, I'm off to font hill and Tallaght now and will update my findings, there are still Blue Yoshi out there I just know it. :)

Myself and the wife are saving for mortgage.

My wife is the biggest Animal Crossing nut on the planet.

100+ cards at many moneys per pack.

Oh dear.

King Dedede in Jervis now for €14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Are the newest amiibo in stock in Argos? They had the last wave relatively well stocked but I can't check online so idk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Grey Wind wrote: »
    Are the newest amiibo in stock in Argos? They had the last wave relatively well stocked but I can't check online so idk.

Says that they can be ordered in store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

King Dedede in Jervis now for €14.99

They have Rosalina too. Nice to see all of these rare ones coming back in stock

Jan looks a good deal stronger.

Still no PAC-MAN, Lucina or Robin out in the wild and no resurgence of MetaKnight neither nor the Yarn Yoshis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Still no PAC-MAN, Lucina or Robin out in the wild and no resurgence of MetaKnight neither nor the Yarn Yoshis.

Was loads of Meta Knights out few weeks back.

Advertisement