Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Still no PAC-MAN, Lucina or Robin out in the wild and no resurgence of MetaKnight neither nor the Yarn Yoshis.

There was 4 metas in smyths in naas yesterday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I be needing the Blue Yarn Yoshi, Girl Squidling and Pacman.
    A kind user was selling me the former a couple of weeks ago but I just couldn't free up the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Still no PAC-MAN, Lucina or Robin out in the wild and no resurgence of MetaKnight neither nor the Yarn Yoshis.

There was a Pink Yarn Yoshi in Carrickmines yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Toon Link in Jervis Smyths €14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Did u see that Toon Link in person? For some reason I can't find it on the site to use the stock checker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Toon Link in Jervis Smyths €14.99

Yup, picked one up yesterday (again) along with toad and that Captain Toad game :).

They had a good few there in stock, of you can, run up and have a look.

Amiibo stock seems to be flooding the market over the past few weeks, so that's good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, and I'm out of the country!
    Pacman better wait til I'm home to be restocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Super Mario Maker with Mario amiibo only 79,99 on Gamestop site O_o

Super Mario Maker with Mario amiibo only 79,99 on Gamestop site O_o

Lol @ gamestop.

But seriously, if anyone knows of a decent pre-order price, tell me please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Lol @ gamestop.

But seriously, if anyone knows of a decent pre-order price, tell me please :)

Smyths has it for 70. It could go down too, the Yoshi bundle was 70 everywhere before going down to 60 before release.

• Advertisement

Grey Wind wrote: »
    Smyths has it for 70. It could go down too, the Yoshi bundle was 70 everywhere before going down to 60 before release.

Yeah I'm a bit iffy perordering from smyths cause last time, I pre-ordered Xenoblade for the 3ds, went up to collect it and the guy, who knows me, wouldn't give me my copy, something to do with that it was there behind the counter but had to be sent to to their head office then sent back to the smyths store where I could THEN pay for and collect it 5 days later. Clearly I went up to gamestop and got it instead.

Just get it shipped to your house, there's no need to bother collecting it in store.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, and I'm out of the country!
    Pacman better wait til I'm home to be restocked!

I'm buying them all I have a lot of ghosts and need every PAC-Man to eat them, Smyths get a delivery tomorrow if he is in it I'll post as soon as I know.

Won't be home until Wednesday!
    Noooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Who ya gonna call? Pac-Man, allegedly.

Feels really strange to walk into a Smyths and see the likes of Rosalina and Toad just sitting there on the shelves, but the Galway branch has one of each, plus all the more recent releases.

Who ya gonna call? Pac-Man, allegedly.

Feels really strange to walk into a Smyths and see the likes of Rosalina and Toad just sitting there on the shelves, but the Galway branch has one of each, plus all the more recent releases.

Only bother here is I'll have to get him some cherries and either some meth or ecstacy. How else are the ghosts gonna turn blue. :D

No Pacman came in only more Toon Link. :(

The next wave are up on Smyths. Release date is 25th of September, but idk if that's just a placeholder or not (seems pretty late imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Grey Wind wrote: »
    The next wave are up on Smyths. Release date is 25th of September, but idk if that's just a placeholder or not (seems pretty late imo).

Nope, thats the release date. It's on the official site.
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/amiibo/Line-up/Line-up-932319.html

That's weird classic and modern mario are one month apart, 11/09/15 and 23/10/15. Great link btw awesome to have all Amiibos in one spot with the accurate official release dates

It might be good to sticky it as we all at sometime or another have posted to enquire the date of these cursed trinkets. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, thanks for that link! Very handy.

One thing I'm noticing, though, is that there's no Smash amiibo #51. The Miis are 48, 49 and 50, then a gap, then Falco hanging out by himself at 52. Falco's date is still listed as TBD while the others are all the 25th, so maybe he's being released alongside Mewtwo, but it's strange to list a DLC character before the final in-game fighter.

Or maybe I'm just being an ultra nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

it's weird going into a shop and seeing Ganondorfs and Toon Links, both flavours of Bowser, pink yarn yoshis and 2 - yes, count 'em, 2! - rack-sticks of Zero Suits. Kids these days don't know they're born...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

Picked up SM Bowser, Jigglypuff, Toad and King Dedede in Smyths Galway today. There's loads of Toon Link, Charizard and Rosalinas in stock! Still waiting for SM Peach and SM Luigi! And Pacman!

I saw SM Luigi in there last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It seems Gamestop in the US will have a 'retro' 3 pack of R.O.B, Duck Hunt Duo and the Game & Watch guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Littlewoods have quite the collection of amiibo available now, including the likes of Zelda (is she still rare?) and Greninja.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Littlewoods have quite the collection of amiibo available now, including the likes of Zelda (is she still rare?) and Greninja.

Got a link by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Toad worth getting for the Captain Toad extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

• Advertisement

Chibi Robo looks great, I have the GC and DS games featuring him/her and I'm looking forward to this new one.
    The Duck Hunt Duo model looks stunning, a good reason to buy it even though I don't play Smash Bros at all.
    The 8 bit Mario figures are lovely as well, I only hope there's enough to go around.
    I reckong get one with it, as a pack in, and preorder the other.

Advertisement