Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Got a link by any chance?

Why yes they do, both regular and Toon!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

CastorTroy wrote:
    Toad worth getting for the Captain Toad extras?

Have both, I wouldn't buy it just for Captain Toad, look online to see what exactly the Find Toad is because it's cool but it's not all that I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Toad worth getting for the Captain Toad extras?

I enjoyed the Hide and Seek mode that it unlocked, was fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up Shulk and Megaman for €12.50 each in Carrefour in Cherbourg.
    I presume they are still tricky to find, if not no bother, they were cheap and cheerful.
    If anyone happens to have a blue Yarn Yoshi they want to trade for one of them let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

5 pacmen in Smyth's carrickmines. Maybe more. My mind couldn't process it after 5

Edit: No shulks or megamen, so the value of your investment is holding, Ciderman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Banjo wrote: »
    5 pacmen in Smyth's carrickmines. Maybe more. My mind couldn't process it after 5

There are 6 Pacmen in Jervis St

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

elekid wrote: »
    There are 6 Pacmen in Jervis St

Much else in Jervis? I'll be in Dublin tomorrow so I might go if there's anything worth picking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Grey Wind wrote: »
    Much else in Jervis? I'll be in Dublin tomorrow so I might go if there's anything worth picking up.

Lets see if I can remember... Apart from Pac Man they had Kirby, Wario, Charizard, Olimar, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser Jr, Doctor Mario, Smash Luigi, SMB Mario, SMB Bowser, SMB Yoshi, Toad, 1 Toon Link.. Think that's all

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I almost feel like I should stop ordering with Gamestop and save myself a few euro but I know if I do then Smyths will have stock issues again 😕

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck, now I have to contrive a reason to get to Smyth's, and I have a wedding later today... not mine but still....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just picked up Shulk and Megaman for €12.50 each in Carrefour in Cherbourg.
    I presume they are still tricky to find, if not no bother, they were cheap and cheerful.
    If anyone happens to have a blue Yarn Yoshi they want to trade for one of them let me know!

I saw two blue Yarn Yoshi's in Fonthill Road Smyths last week. It was down to one when I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Retro 3 Pack (R.O.B. , Duck Hunt Duo and Game and Watch Man) were officially announced by Nintendo in the US, coming out September 25th. They also said the Mii Fighters would also launch as a 3 pack in November. You won't be able to get individual figures from either pack. Will be interesting to see what they do here in Europe.

Nintendo.co.uk's gallery shows individual EU-style box art so I'd wager that's what we're getting.

I mean I know they could be just mockups but they're not likely to change them like that. And they show the Splatoon bundle for Squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Argos has high stock of Dr Mario amiibo throughout the country. Some stores have more than five. There's no sign of the other two figures from the latest wave.

edit: I went into my local Argos and Olimar and Bowser Jr appeared on the stock checker with copious amounts of both. I think the two were €18, compared to the €15 price tag on Dr Mario.

Mewtwo Amiibo out on 23rd October.

CLu-mhVWEAAovF0.png:small

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles for the New 3DS earlier and it has Amiibo support but only for Shulk. Do I have any chance of getting hold of Shulk for the retail price or is it too rare?

Just picked up Pacman in Smyth's of Swords, delighted as that's nearly me done.
    There's just that Blue Yoshi, that Retro themed three pack and perhaps the two 8bit Mario figures as well...
    So not quite done then....
    Bugger....

I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles for the New 3DS earlier and it has Amiibo support but only for Shulk. Do I have any chance of getting hold of Shulk for the retail price or is it too rare?

Should be able to pick it up I'd say, was restocked there a few weeks ago so I imagine there's a few still about.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Preordered the Mario Maker Amiibo bundle from Smyths today.

I have it and, if you can make it Swords, I'll trade it with you, boxed and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Got Olimar and Toon Link yesterday. The only others I really want are Greninja and Yarn Yoshi, so I think that'll be it for me until the pixel Mario and Lucas (and maybe Mewtwo...), unless I can find the former two somewhere.

Argos' website is listing the Inkling amiibo at 25.99... are they seriously selling them for that much? Wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have an unboxed Marth to swap if anyone needs him still.

My brother's just visiting from Japan. He brought me back one pack of Animal Crossing cards just for curiosity's sake, so I thought I'd show ye.

The card quality is fairly sturdy, thin but strong like playing cards though I doubt they'd resist much shuffling. I can't tell where exactly within the card the NFC chip is, it all bends the same.

I told him if I didn't get an Isabelle he could feck off back to Japan for another pack.

I posted a while back Shulk does nothing important, you get extra coins that can be used to buy music and other useless stuff in the options, nothing you need tbh.

The figure itself is awesome and as I sold my first one with xenoblade 3d to someone a while back the second one I bought will stay in the box until I get Xenoblade X and a Wii U or NX if he actually does something useful on the game, if not he will stay mint in box along with most of my other amiibos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

My brother's just visiting from Japan. He brought me back one pack of Animal Crossing cards just for curiosity's sake, so I thought I'd show ye.

The card quality is fairly sturdy, thin but strong like playing cards though I doubt they'd resist much shuffling. I can't tell where exactly within the card the NFC chip is, it all bends the same.

I told him if I didn't get an Isabelle he could feck off back to Japan for another pack.

Oh my god, they're so cute. Are they randomly distributed in random blind packets? Oh my god, Isabelle is number one, and it looks like a shiny/special version? Oh my God, one of them is number 073, that means there's at least 73 of them to collect?!? :eek::pac:

Oh my god, they're so cute. Are they randomly distributed in random blind packets? Oh my god, Isabelle is number one, and it looks like a shiny/special version? Oh my God, one of them is number 073, that means there's at least 73 of them to collect?!? :eek::pac:
    There's 100 in the set, each blind pack comes with two commons and one rare. AFAIK the rares are all sparkly. I don't know anything about Animal Crossing but I believe the commons all show random nobodies, while actual characters like Isabelle, Tom Nook etc are the rares.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There's 100 in the set, each blind pack comes with two commons and one rare. AFAIK the rares are all sparkly. I don't know anything about Animal Crossing but I believe the commons all show random nobodies, while actual characters like Isabelle, Tom Nook etc are the rares.

The price point is crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

aislinnb wrote: »
    http://checkargos.com/search.php?searchText=amiibo&storeName=Galway&section=Video%2Bgames&minPrice=.01&maxPrice=100 - without gap between http:// - its been bookmarked on my laptop!! I'm from town and only work in the Tesco shopping Centre so I can check Smyths regularly and Argos too. Is Smyths and Argos the only shops in Galway that sell Amiibo? Thanks!

Hey,

Sorry I broke your link with the new version of checkargos :)

Here the same search on the new site (This link is set for the Galway store, if anyone else needs the url for a different store, just choose the store in the drop down and click update, the url up the top will be for that store)

I'm not sure which ones are rare or not so this might not be any use to anyone but I've gone through every amiibo in argos this morning, these are the ones that had any stock:

Splatoon Girl - Orderable in every shop

Splatoon Boy - Orderable in every shop

Kirby - Available in nearly all shops

Ike - Available in a few shops, orderable in the rest

Dr Mario - Good stock in every shop

All the rest of them had no stock, hope this helps!

Jebus I need to be sectioned before those Animal Crossing cards come out. I'll spend my rent and food budget every week on the damn things. I bet there will be one, only one card that no one can get for ages but we will all have hundreds of the stupid common cards before the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

There's 100 in the set, each blind pack comes with two commons and one rare.

According to this, there are another three series to come, making for a total of 400 cards.

Advertisement