Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Hi! Mind if I join in the discussion on occasion?

Any idea what's the story with Little Mac on Smyth's toys website? It's been listed as TBC 2015 for a little while now...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

CliCliW wrote: »
    Hi! Mind if I join in the discussion on occasion?

Any idea what's the story with Little Mac on Smyth's toys website? It's been listed as TBC 2015 for a little while now...

It was available at the very beginning of July, but I don't think it's been restocked since it sold out.

Dang, that's a huge disappointment. I think out of all the Smash lineup (that's what I'm collecting), he's one of the harder ones to find.. This collecting thing is harder than it looks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lots of Splatoon Amiibo in argos. 26 euro :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lots of Splatoon Amiibo in argos. 26 euro :-O

I can't believe they're actually selling them for that amount. Like whatever about the Yarn Yoshis, there's nothing particularly special about the Inklings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Grey Wind wrote: »
    I can't believe they're actually selling them for that amount. Like whatever about the Yarn Yoshis, there's nothing particularly special about the Inklings.

They look awesome, thats about it really

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got my inklings from Germany. Think that's the last ones until Mario maker bundle. Anyone else not plan to buy any of them, like me, then end up with more than a few?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got my inklings from Germany. Think that's the last ones until Mario maker bundle. Anyone else not plan to buy any of them, like me, then end up with more than a few?

That'll be me - had only planned on getting one for Hyrule Warriors and now I have nine....last one was Pac Man just because I'm old and played it in an "Arcade".

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Nah, I was always gonna get some. Half a dozen at most. Didn't work out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have 18 will be picking up two more tomorrow, still looking for Lucina, Robin and Captain Falcon of the previously available, will get both Mario Maker, all 2D and all Mii plus the Animal Crossing ones and any others I can get me hands on. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've 9. Mario Maker bundle will make it 10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Smyths here in Cork had all sorts of amiibo in stock, from pretty much every wave, even a few Marth's there. Picked up a Toon Link myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Corholio wrote: »
    Smyths here in Cork had all sorts of amiibo in stock, from pretty much every wave, even a few Marth's there. Picked up a Toon Link myself.

Do they have the two yarn yoshi blue and pink?

Looks like Robin is in stock in a few stores, I am finally done with these cursed trinkets until the Animal Crossing set comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

So what people think about the amiiqo device or is talk about that not allowed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Do they have the two yarn yoshi blue and pink?

I can't remember seeing them there but I would say with all the restocking it would only be a matter of time.

All four Fire Emblem characters in Jervis earlier, sweet sweet Robin and Lucina are finally mine, woooooooooo hooooooooooooo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

McLoughlin wrote: »
    So what people think about the amiiqo device or is talk about that not allowed ?

Probably not allowed.

supposedly I have 2 coming to me, because there was a wii u bug in the app and the reseller feel like holding back until whenever they think it's fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Has nobody hacked the NFC chip yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

safetyboy wrote: »
    Has nobody hacked the NFC chip yet?

Apparently so, and they are selling them
    http://www.amiiqo.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Had a look at that last night, can we not just program our own NFC with his phone app it seems?

This Amiiqo thing is every in-box collector's dream! I won't be buying or supporting it though. I don't really want them for Game Functionality, but collectability.

When was the restock? I'm dying to finish my fire emblem set with Marth and Lucina for retail prices.

This Amiiqo thing is every in-box collector's dream! I won't be buying or supporting it though. I don't really want them for Game Functionality, but collectability.

When was the restock? I'm dying to finish my fire emblem set with Marth and Lucina for retail prices.

yesterday in Dublin, each store only got one box of each so four of each figure, marth probably won't sell out but Lucina and Robin will so get in quick if you want her.

yesterday in Dublin, each store only got one box of each so four of each figure, marth probably won't sell out but Lucina and Robin will so get in quick if you want her.

Dang, I'm in Limerick. All I can do is wait till the next restock I think. I need to save up some more for these xD

I am thinking of getting rid of my figures, I'll keep the four Fire Emblem ones but not the rest so I'll have Link, Ness, Rosalina, Little Mac, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Pacman, Sonic, an unboxed Villager, Jigglypuff, Shulk and a few others I need to dig out of their hiding places to flog.

I'm never gonna get them all so might be time to say goodbye and grab that Amigo thingy instead sometime down the line.

I am thinking of getting rid of my figures, I'll keep the four Fire Emblem ones but not the rest so I'll have Link, Ness, Rosalina, Little Mac, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Pacman, Sonic, an unboxed Villager, Jigglypuff, Shulk and a few others I need to dig out of their hiding places to flog.

I'm never gonna get them all so might be time to say goodbye and grab that Amigo thingy instead sometime down the line.

If you ever need a buyer for Sonic, do let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Dang, I'm in Limerick. All I can do is wait till the next restock I think. I need to save up some more for these xD

Just to let you know they had both in Childers Road today.

smokingman wrote: »
    If you ever need a buyer for Sonic, do let me know!

Never mind - got Sonic for 12 euro delivered from Littlewoods Ireland - they seem to be having a sale and a lot of the old ones are 12 euro now :)

Winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

Villager

hey I'd like the villager and meta knight if there going if you do decide to get rid of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

safetyboy wrote: »
    Had a look at that last night, can we not just program our own NFC with his phone app it seems?

Nintendo picked a tag that phones can't emulate anymore.

Advertisement