Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Surely some Chinese phone would still support it, Nintendo have been greedy with these yokes would love someone to turn it all on its head, the Animal Crossing collectors edition is up on Smyths site for €50 with one card and the Amiibo (card)reader wonder will this be the reader to use Amiibos on the 3DS and 3DS XL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Argos have cut the price of the Amiibo cards, and they're not out yet!
    It doesn't seem to be on the site but instore it read at something like 5.99 for a pack.
    Something like that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

aislinnb wrote: »
    hey I'd like the villager and meta knight if there going if you do decide to get rid of them!

Did you say before that you were looking for Shulk? I'm in Galway and I've a spare if you still want it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have Shulk here as well, boxed and ready to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Ness is up on Smyths if anyone's looking for it. It had been sold out for a while, but now there's low stock avaliable. Robin can be bought online, too. I can't bring myself to buy them due to how much I've already spent. I'll wait for Mewtwo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Had a quick pop into the Galway Smyths earlier, Marths and Robins on-shelf along with stalwarts like Pac-Man and Toad.

aislinnb wrote: »
    hey I'd like the villager and meta knight if there going if you do decide to get rid of them!

I'll let you know if I do decided to get rid. :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Argos have cut the price of the Amiibo cards, and they're not out yet!
    It doesn't seem to be on the site but instore it read at something like 5.99 for a pack.
    Something like that anyway.

Wooooooooo hoooooooooooo, I won't need to sell both kidneys to buy these now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Has anyone seen this Amiibo?
    http://amiibo.wikia.com/wiki/Hammer_Slam_Bowser

Its another Bowser one. It says its compatible with Mario Kart and Smash bros, Captain Toad etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this Amiibo?
    http://amiibo.wikia.com/wiki/Hammer_Slam_Bowser

Its another Bowser one. It says its compatible with Mario Kart and Smash bros, Captain Toad etc

Yeah its one of those Skylanders/Amiibo figures there is a Dark version of it as well.

You would have to buy two versions of the game on Wii U, 3DS and Wii to get all 4 Skylanders Amiibo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

OK so they're not for sale as standalone figures? Makes sense as to why I haven't seen them discussed before.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    OK so they're not for sale as standalone figures? Makes sense as to why I haven't seen them discussed before.

Nope only with the game but I think the Wii the Wii U and 3DS are different games

Wooooooooo hoooooooooooo, I won't need to sell both kidneys to buy these now. :pac:

Probably for the best.
    As a nurse I can confidently remind you that you're going to need at least one functional kidney, or drag a dialysis machine around with you like a mechanical pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Probably for the best.
    As a nurse I can confidently remind you that you're going to need at least one functional kidney, or drag a dialysis machine around with you like a mechanical pet.

Trauma Centre is coming out on the WiiU next year and there's a limited edition that's bundled with a dialysis machine. So he's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Trauma Centre is coming out on the WiiU next year and there's a limited edition that's bundled with a dialysis machine. So he's sorted.

It's only an amiibo of a dialysis machine, so he'll be borked...

Ah I've lived to long either way, plus sweet lady diabetty has claimed a kidney already me thinks, as long as I last till a Tom Nook amiibo is on sale I'll be chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's only an amiibo of a dialysis machine, so he'll be borked...

I wonder is it a playable character in Mario Maker? If not, Nintebdo is doomed!

I'm just glad they made them look so much more like Skylanders than amiibo. Kills my temptation to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Can we preorder mewtwo yet? I fully intend to preorder at least one if not two or 3 for its release (Oct 23 I think?)

What are people going for with collecting here? I'm just hoping for the full Smash lineup rather than anything else.

Toad, Sonic and a couple of others reduced to €12 on Littlewoods if anybody still needs them! http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/e/q/amiibo.end?numProducts=17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

CliCliW wrote: »
    Can we preorder mewtwo yet? I fully intend to preorder at least one if not two or 3 for its release (Oct 23 I think?)

What are people going for with collecting here? I'm just hoping for the full Smash lineup rather than anything else.

The September amiibo can't even be pre-ordered yet and they are just over a month away :/

Why do you want 3 Mewtwo?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The September amiibo can't even be pre-ordered yet and they are just over a month away :/

I've pre-ordered the September ones already, amazon.de had them a while back.

I have friends in the us and from what I've heard it's not even been announced for there. It will be good trading/gifting fodder. One of them will be posting me a triple pack duck hunt/rob/g+w set when it's released, so it's a kind of quid pro quo.. :)

Little Mac low stock on smyths online guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

Did you say before that you were looking for Shulk? I'm in Galway and I've a spare if you still want it?
    I got a shulk sorted since but thanks anyways :)

Who is ready for a giant Yoshi amiibo on November 27th?

CNLC_QzW8AAI7zY.png

Who is ready for a giant Yoshi amiibo on November 27th?

CNLC_QzW8AAI7zY.png

Oh jaysus ...

Falco amiibo also come out on 20th November, same day as Star Fox Zero. I'm expecting a combo pack to be announced at some point since the game also supports amiibo

Argos have some Robin and Lucinas in! 

Edit: as do smyths, they had an Ike too :) finally got my Lucina!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Is always thought Yoshi had knees.

Advertisement