Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Pac1Man wrote:
    Is always thought Yoshi had knees.

Does he not? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No new Amiibos in Smyths today sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Gamestop.ie is back up following their stocktake and it seems they found a spare case of Metaknights, if anybody needs to grab him.

Argos have Meta Knight too, also cheaper than gameslop.

Just wondering, are you guys collecting in box or are you opening them? So far everything I have bar Link and Diddy Kong are in box, and I'm just wondering what should I do?

Also, any suggestions for getting my hands on Lucario and Pit without forking out to scalpers? I'm not prepared to spend more than 20 on them each and that's a stretch.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Smyths or Argos will get both back in sooner or later, Megaman, Captain Falcon and Pit are three I want myself.

I've been opening them, both for space reasons, and to keep them from becoming an investment in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

CliCliW wrote: »
    Just wondering, are you guys collecting in box or are you opening them? So far everything I have bar Link and Diddy Kong are in box, and I'm just wondering what should I do?

Also, any suggestions for getting my hands on Lucario and Pit without forking out to scalpers? I'm not prepared to spend more than 20 on them each and that's a stretch.

pit at 15 euro
    Lucario @ 15 euro
    Captain Falcon @ 15 euro
    megaman @ 13,99 euro
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00SSU6936?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I also just order
    @ 15 each
    Duck hunt
    Rob
    mr game and watch

meta knight and few others

shipping for 10 amiibos was about 9 euro

Hopefully Smyths or Argos will get both back in sooner or later, Megaman, Captain Falcon and Pit are three I want myself.

I need all those too! I need 19 of 44 currently released so I've a bit of shopping to do yet. :/ after paying out nearly €30 for Shulk posted I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon. :/
    I've been opening them, both for space reasons, and to keep them from becoming an investment in my mind.

It seems like the popular thing is to keep them boxed, but I want to open them, maybe after I've moved house. I saw an amazing homemade display for them that I'd love to try my hand at! :)

jos22 wrote:
    pit at 15 euro Lucario @ 15 euro Captain Falcon @ 15 euro megaman @ 13,99 euro
    I need to book me an amazon account I think.

Yeah I resorted to a scalper for Little Mac, back in the day.... That was before the term "restock" existed for this hobby. No need to do that anymore now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

the Starfox ambiio range. I would if they did a great fox, a star wing. Star Wolf figures

Yeah I resorted to a scalper for Little Mac, back in the day.... That was before the term "restock" existed for this hobby. No need to do that anymore now.

I think most of us did tbh, villager cost me €25 from an a hole when I got him.

I think most of us did tbh, villager cost me €25 from an a hole when I got him.

Like I said, I paid some German guy €55 for Robin and Shulk posted because he told me that's what they cost. When I got the package I found they were priced at €21 altogether, plus €5 for post. It's nearly enough to make me lose faith in buying from people. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

As much as I hate scalpers, I don't think there's much room for complaint if you buy an item from them. You then become part of the transaction and part of the reason why they exist in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Uhrr. Such boring packaging and pose. Still, even though I haven't played any of his games I'd like to see him on the line-up. Also hope the rumours of his joining Smash turn out to be true. It's years since I've played Marvel vs Capcom. I miss beating people up with a vertically-challenged knight.

I would have liked to see a nicer pose. Waiting for news from Nintendo for actual confirmation before getting too hyped..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CliCliW wrote: »
    Does he not? :P

Ah, indeed he does! They must have him standing extra straight in the large Amiibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Don't think that Amiibo pic is real, it looks like it will be announced as per the rumours the last week or so but I doubt it would be different from Nintendo packaging, as that is quite a bit.

Edit: Perhaps not, all signs point to it being real it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I saw Little Mac a few days back in game in Northern Ireland. Are these restock amiibos exactly the same figure as the original issue. Is the box or figure different at all?

• Advertisement

I did pick a restock up, just as a wee pointless act of defiance. There's absolutely no substantial difference on the Little Mac. The trademark date on the packaging is even still 2014, and that's true for restocks that WERE altered like Villager. The serial number that's stamped on each package does follow a different pattern, but if you care about that, you're strange.

I've seen one person be strange about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There will be plenty of people beingstrange about it in twenty years and I plan to make a huge wad of whatever currency is in vogue then.

Shovel Knight actually confirmed by Nintendo, but not a sm4sh amiibo :)

Argos have Villager in stock in some places for a scalper esque €25.99, stock is hit & miss

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3092541

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

What has Smyths Jervis been like for the last few waves of amiibo on release? Have they been getting them all in stock with a good amount or is there still problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

What has Smyths Jervis been like for the last few waves of amiibo on release? Have they been getting them all in stock with a good amount or is there still problems?

They've had plenty of stock of the last 2 waves, big improvement. Still have Olimar, Bowser Jr and Dr Mario on the shelves

elekid wrote: »
    They've had plenty of stock of the last 2 waves, big improvement. Still have Olimar, Bowser Jr and Dr Mario on the shelves

I may just go back to buying from Smyths then instead of pre-ordering since the stock has improved overall in smyths gamestop and argos

Argos have Villager in stock in some places for a scalper esque €25.99, stock is hit & miss

Dammit. I'm not prepared to pay that much for him at all but honestly with it getting limited restocks I don't know is it better to just suck it up :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Its an interesting move by Nintendo to license Amiibo to other developers so they can make their own Amiibo like we see with Shovel Knight and Skylanders it certainly is a way to court developers to make games on Nintendo consoles.

Article of Amiibo Shovel Knight http://nintendoeverything.com/yacht-club-on-the-shovel-knight-amiibos-origins-nintendo-on-third-party-figures/

Pre Order http://www.yourgamezone.nl/epages/Yourgamezone.sf/sec71844c7475/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Yourgamezone/Products/24938&ViewAction=ViewProduct

• Advertisement

Advertisement