Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Is that a good site to order amiibo from?

I dunno it appeared in my twitter feed just sharing it if someone really wants to pre order it, I'm hoping for a amiibo/game box set

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

On advice from a Facebook group I'm going to be looking into ordering from Japan, so Amazon and Tenso. Someone worked out that Villager was available as cheap as 16 euro. That might change though cause I might get lazy. I'll see. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just keep reserving one in Argos hoping for a reduction or for Smyths to get him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CliCliW wrote: »
    On advice from a Facebook group I'm going to be looking into ordering from Japan, so Amazon and Tenso. Someone worked out that Villager was available as cheap as 16 euro. That might change though cause I might get lazy. I'll see. :/

Is it not on Shopto for £10.99, with free postage?

Is it? O.O I'm terrible with this shopping malarkey :/

Didn't see it listed on Shopto but there's loads of others I don't have. I'm keeping preoccupied with other things anyway other than Villager so I can wait till it shows up cheap :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Do youses think anyone will get the mega yarn yoshi ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Do youses think anyone will get the mega yarn yoshi ?

I'd love it but I'm not preordering and don't think it'll be available without said preorder in the shops.
    Pity it has no new functionality over the existing yarn yoshi amiibos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd love it but I'm not preordering and don't think it'll be available without said preorder in the shops.
    Pity it has no new functionality over the existing yarn yoshi amiibos though.

Any idea how much it'll cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

SMC92Ian wrote: »

$40 in America. Some places have said €40 in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Hmm. Does this count as a recolour or a new model? Damn it, Nintendo, you guys sure know how to get around my rules.

SMC92Ian wrote:

I think I saw it down as $40 so probably €50 or close enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Anyone know where you can Pre-order the Mega Yarn Yoshi?

Meesared wrote:
    Anyone know where you can Pre-order the Mega Yarn Yoshi?

Not sure if it's available for pre order yet. I'm active on amiibo hunting Facebook groups so I'll let you know if they say anything. Amazon.de always seems like a safe bet though. :)

Do you guys think we'll have to preorder mewtwo when it comes up? I don't want to miss out on it, but with the accessibility of the Dr Mario wave I'm not sure if I'll have to preorder or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

CliCliW wrote: »
    Do you guys think we'll have to preorder mewtwo when it comes up? I don't want to miss out on it, but with the accessibility of the Dr Mario wave I'm not sure if I'll have to preorder or not...

I'm hoping to stop pre-ordering now since stock seems to be good. Robi is on the shelf in Smyths after all and he was rare. I feel I might order Mewtwo but at the same time he is the only October amiibo so there will probably be plenty tbh

I'm hoping to stop pre-ordering now since stock seems to be good. Robi is on the shelf in Smyths after all and he was rare. I feel I might order Mewtwo but at the same time he is the only October amiibo so there will probably be plenty tbh

Robin and Lucina are on shelves, no less! :) it's wonderful! (Now if only they'll restock Lucario, villagers and little mac!)

I might just get in early enough on release day and try to nab mewtwo, hopefully that'll be easy enough.

Heads Up the Chibi-Robo 3DS game and Amiibo are up for pre order on Amazon de

As of the weekend just gone, I'm living in Krakow Poland now. And jayzus if I thought there was a dearth in Ireland then this place is a right desert. I haven't seen a single Nintendo product; the stores only sell XBox, Playstation and PC. I've spent three days wandering the length of the city centre and not got a single Streetpass hit. Until I find these fabled Polish amiibo oases we were hearing about back in the beginning, I'm still preordering from Gamestop to my parents' place.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrMaki

As of the weekend just gone, I'm living in Krakow Poland now. And jayzus if I thought there was a dearth in Ireland then this place is a right desert. I haven't seen a single Nintendo product; the stores only sell XBox, Playstation and PC. I've spent three days wandering the length of the city centre and not got a single Streetpass hit. Until I find these fabled Polish amiibo oases we were hearing about back in the beginning, I'm still preordering from Gamestop to my parents' place.

Try game over shop in krakow
    It is on radziwillowska 26b
    Google them
    I cannot post links yet, - go to nintendo,pl slash listasklepow And zoom map on krakow. There are quite a few shops around city centre all have online shops too

I had a google on Wednesday night and went looking for places yesterday. I did indeed find Game Over, and they did indeed have a couple of amiibos, including both Squidlings. Those are the only amiibos so far. Not sure if I'll put my faith in them just yet... I'll preorder the next wave through Gamestop and see what things turn out like on the ground.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

A friend of mine in the US is seeking Yoshi woolly amiibos as we trade regularly, she's going to be sending me a retro 3pack and a couple other things! :) Any tips on where to find the Yoshis or Mario Maker Mario for a reasonable price?

What are CEX at, selling amiibo's for €25 each, who's paying that when you can walk 2mins to Smyths and get them new for €15!

What are CEX at, selling amiibo's for €25 each, who's paying that when you can walk 2mins to Smyths and get them new for €15!

They offer over the sell price if you trade some of them in so people are buying them for €15 and trading them in for €20 store credit to spend on something in there and CEX know they are rare so might aswell overcharge for them

They offer over the sell price if you trade some of them in so people are buying them for €15 and trading them in for €20 store credit to spend on something in there and CEX know they are rare so might aswell overcharge for them

But isn't CEX all second hand? Like to make a fiver for a second hand game, I'd rather just buy it online for the same price new, also the figures I saw for €25 were far from rare, the smyths 2 mins away had 5 Charizards and 4 Jigglypuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There was a PacMan in Smyths Carrickmines yesterday lunchtime, just hanging out on top of the Amiibo stand at the end of the infinity/skylander row as if he was a Smash Mario or Pikachu. Another restock?

But isn't CEX all second hand? Like to make a fiver for a second hand game, I'd rather just buy it online for the same price new, also the figures I saw for €25 were far from rare, the smyths 2 mins away had 5 Charizards and 4 Jigglypuffs.

Thats true but amiibo like Meta Knight and Little Mac are very rare and I dont think they have been restocked yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thats true but amiibo like Meta Knight and Little Mac are very rare and I dont think they have been restocked yet?

They both have been.

Banjo wrote:
    There was a PacMan in Smyths Carrickmines yesterday lunchtime, just hanging out on top of the Amiibo stand at the end of the infinity/skylander row as if he was a Smash Mario or Pikachu. Another restock?

Pac man was common enough a while back I think, could be left over from those days?

Little Mac definitely was, he lasted all of a few days online on smyths website. Kicking myself I didn't buy him :(

Meta Knight has also had a restock, a month or two ago, and can still be found in the wild. There were two of him in the Galway Gamestop a week and a bit ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

meta knight is up to reserve on argos site for collection in most places from thursday this week.

Advertisement