Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

meta knight is up to reserve on argos site for collection in most places from thursday this week.

Same with Shulk!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, I may never get shot of my Shulk so.
    Feck.
    Mega man, does he get a restock too?
    I wonder if there's any chance he'll work with Mighty No9

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Damn, I may never get shot of my Shulk so. Feck. Mega man, does he get a restock too? I wonder if there's any chance he'll work with Mighty No9

If you want rid of shulk you're probably best to swap it overseas with someone. There's loads of trading groups on Facebook for them :)

I'm hoping for a megaman restock, cause I don't have one yet :-P as for whether he'll work with Mighty No9, I have no clue :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Duck Hunt and ROB are up for preorder on Littlewoods, with G&W worryingly absent. Couple of other bits up too, like Animal Crossing and Mario Maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Added Mario, Toad, Luigi and Pikachu to the collection. Along with Classic Mario with Mario Maker that brings my collection to 10.

• Advertisement

The rush is glorious, isn't it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Villager in stock in all argos countrywide.

http://checkargos.com/?search=3092541

So expensive though O.O

Wait, they actually dropped the price? :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Anyone have any experience ordering with Smyths? How long does it usually take?

Ordered last night and really hoping it might arrive today. Getting Mario Maker amiibo pack. 10e cheaper than Gamestop!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Anyone have any experience ordering with Smyths? How long does it usually take?

Ordered last night and really hoping it might arrive today. Getting Mario Maker amiibo pack. 10e cheaper than Gamestop!

same here ordered mine early this morning...i always order from smyths but dont be expecting it till tuesday id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

80 euro on gamestop is too much,
    got mine from amazon for 65 euro,

Odd tho as the yoshi amiibo bundle was cheaper from Gamestop

80 euro is too much? Guys... there's a guy on adverts selling for 105... -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Quick one for ye folks, any idea how durable the Peach amiibo is? Hope to pick it up shortly for my little one who is obsessed with Peach after getting the to in her last happy meal! Just wonder if it can be used as a toy?

As a general rule Nintendo have child-proofed these as much as possible. As long as your niece isn't excessively rough on it it should be fine. I've taken a few apart to customize and they don't come apart without a fight. It certainly won't fall to bits by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

New amiibo!:
    CPCe8OcWEAA7X47.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11 commanderx11

Where'd you get the Classic Mario my friend.

It comes with Mario Maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I hope this is the right place to put this. I didn't know if I should make a separate thread.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone will be collecting the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards? I'm animal crossing obsessed! I have a NA 3DSXL so I'm waiting patiently for next Friday when Happy Home Designer comes out.

I live in Japan at the minute and I've been trying to collect as many cards as I can since they were released on the 30th of July. There are massive stock shortages of them here and it's been a right pain the bum trying to get them. I only have 38 so far. There are 100 cards in the first series and the second series is being released here on the 29th of October and there are another 100!!

My OH and I are trying to collect a full set (which I think will be 400 total). We're moving to Ireland (I'm Irish so moving back for me, he's American) in April 2016.

I know the first series is being released in Europe on the 2nd of October. Do you think there will be much interest in them in Ireland? I would love to find someone to trade with. I already have 12 duplicate cards and I'm sure I'll eventually have more than that.

Anyway long story short, is anyone thinking about collecting the Amiibo cards?

I don't play Animal Crossing and have no real interest in it... but knowing my instincts I'll probably end up collecting the damned cards anyway. I'm not really expecting massive interest, though that's more gut feeling than actual knowledge. They'll sell well enough but they probably won't be gold dust.

That said, I've recently left Ireland so I dunno how useful I am.

My brother lives in Japan and got me one pack. He did mention it was the only pack he could find, but I didn't think that meant an actual shortage. It had Isabelle and two nobodies (073 and 041).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

when it comes to the Animal Crossing cards I think its best to find and a buy a complete set on Ebay rather than buying packets

Oh Mega Yoshi is up on Amazon Germany http://www.amazon.de/dp/B014VIKY5W/ref=pe_386171_38075861_TE_item

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

People are apparently buying it along with Mad Max: Fury Road...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Star Lord wrote: »
    People are apparently buying it along with Mad Max: Fury Road...

Beyond Thunderdome ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

People are buying Fury Road because they obviously DO need another hero!

I'll get me coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

2 rosalinas, a greninja and Dr Mario on shelves In toys r us blanch.

Make that 6 rosalinas. Remember when amiibo collecting was a challenge?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oooh,
    I like me a Rosalina....

Blue Yarn Yoshi anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Game has Shovel knight up to preorder instore, not due out for two months though.

Are animal crossing cards still available for preorder? The guy in gamestop let me preorder two packs but I'm a little nervous I'll actually get them :/

CliCliW wrote: »
    Are animal crossing cards still available for preorder? The guy in gamestop let me preorder two packs but I'm a little nervous I'll actually get them :/

Ive pre ordered every amiibo so far with gamestop and they havent let me down yet

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Has anyone been able to order tomorrows amiibo with gamestop? They didnt have them last I checked and it seems similar to when GS in America stopped pre-orders but still sold them. Very odd.

• Advertisement

Has anyone been able to order tomorrows amiibo with gamestop? They didnt have them last I checked and it seems similar to when GS in America stopped pre-orders but still sold them. Very odd.

yea lad i hadnt seen them online at all for pre order but you could do it instore. You should ring up your local i did it just this minute as i seen your message and the staff were able to hold onto all 4 for me tomorrow .ONly i seen your message id have forgotten all about them.Cheers.

Advertisement