Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

So by the looks of Nintedo UK twitter the animal crossing figures are out on the 20th of November CQN4UMrWIAADTpr.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tom Nook, you thieving b@stard!

More like Tom Crook! Am I right? .....I'll let myself out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Splatoon Boy and Girl are available on amazon for anyone interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

eoghanie wrote: »

Great stuff, cancelled my order of the bundle, no real interest in the game (plus I've a Major gaming backlog to get through anyway). Wasn't sure if it'd be available separately here.

Mario Maker with amiibo available on Little Woods for €62 if anybody wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Tom Nook, you thieving b@stard!

That's my joke, I'll kill you... :D

Anyone want to set up a trading/selling page for the Animal Crossing card duplicates we will soon all be inundated with.

Smyths are €6.99 a pack, Argos are €5.49 and wont be in stock until tomorrow. Not sure on the place that Must Not Be Named.

What are those guys' names, does anyone know? I want to update my Excel sheet.

I'm still waiting for those alternate Mario Party 10 Rosalinas and Warios. Hardly likely to happen at this stage....

Edit: Never mind, got them! Blathers, Mr. Resetti, Kicks and Celeste.

Blatters and Reseti are the top two the pink owl is Blatters sister, can't recall her name, don't know the other guy.

• Advertisement

All the Animal Crossing amiibos are amazing, and I love that Kicks! :) They're on a cuteness level that dangerously competes with yarn yoshi. :pac: I'm not touching the cards, save for a few that I might get with the wii u bundle, collecting them all would be an absolute nightmare unless you've got a group that you can trade with (I foresee an inevitable boardsies trading thread for exactly that purpose).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

All the Animal Crossing amiibos are amazing, and I love that Kicks! :) They're on a cuteness level that dangerously competes with yarn yoshi. :pac: I'm not touching the cards, save for a few that I might get with the wii u bundle, collecting them all would be an absolute nightmare unless you've got a group that you can trade with (I foresee an inevitable boardsies trading thread for exactly that purpose).

Wait a few months and there will more than likely be complete sets going on sale online for a fair price its what I might do

How many cars are in each pack? I don't have any plans to get them but I'm curious.

3 cards a pack.

Spent €21 today on 9 amiibo cards in Smyths on the plus side I got a shiny Redd

I am worried it might be fake anyone got a Blatters yet so I can check.

How many cars are in each pack? I don't have any plans to get them but I'm curious.

Cars?! We have to collect Amiibo Cars now??! :pac:
    Spent €21 today on 9 amiibo cards in Smyths on the plus side I got a shiny Redd

I am worried it might be fake anyone got a Blatters yet so I can check.

€21 on 9 cards?! :eek: I'm out, if I happen to have cash to splash later I might get a full collection on eBay down the line, but no way not yet I'm not. :pac: I see a few listings of series 1 of 100 cards for just over €200, the Japanese collection so no English text mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

€21 on 9 cards?! I'm out, if I happen to have cash to splash later I might get a full collection on eBay down the line, but no way not yet I'm not. I see a few listings of series 1 of 100 cards for just over €200, the Japanese collection so no English text mind.

Couple of Americans selling the full set though, it should be cheap enough compared to the Japanese set I would think

Argos up north are selling the cards for £3.49 a pack and €5.49 down our way. It's 24 packs per box. I here the game itself gets old pretty fast too so I will stop when I get the cards I want...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm not even going to start collecting those.
    I would prefer to wait and see what happens with a proper Animal Crossing title or perhaps an Amiibo card enhanced Pokemon game.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I'm not even going to start collecting those. I would prefer to wait and see what happens with a proper Animal Crossing title or perhaps an Amiibo card enhanced Pokemon game.

Pokemon would, without doubt, decimate my wallet. Moreso than amiibos already have . That's a terrifying thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

7741802570_b248fe1188_m_d.jpg

I would prefer to wait and see what happens with a proper Animal Crossing title or perhaps an Amiibo card enhanced Pokemon game.

Yeah i reckon Pokemon Amiibo card will happen for the 20th anniversary next year but what kinda game trade maybe the old trading card game with an interactive feature ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Do people reckon that Mewtoo will be hard to get and shovel knight also?
    I like that the newer ones are easier to get and haven't had to faff about preordering them but I'm not sure about those two.

Game in Belfast had Shovel Knight up to preorder, Smyths will defo have Mewtwo and Modern Mario in three weeks.

All wave one of amiibo cards in English here.

http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/#

Will there be a Mario Maker amiibo I wonder?
    Not the 8bit Mario figure, but the yellow helmeted character seen in and around the game and it's media.
    This guy!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAOSWSgn6BsOR2Si6znUyuZtXLCO6dr8wUQTD1IB07HMJuI7Qu-g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

I surprised they didn't do 4 separate game and watch amiibos in stead of giving you option to swap poses.

jos22 wrote: »
    I surprised they didn't do 4 separate game and watch amiibos in stead of giving you option to swap poses.

Would anyone really want to buy 4 of him tho? I think they gave him 4 because unlike all the others he is a 2D amiibo so I guess they thought they should throw us all some extra ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Some people are buying four copies just to be able to display all four, which is fine. I'm only getting one. But if they HAD made four different ones, I'd probably have to consider getting them all.... So I'm glad they didn't.

For anyone who has got four copies, what are the plans for the twelve spare poses you have?

It is odd how they did it. Yeah he's 2D, but would anybody really have cared if they'd only done the one pose? Heck any one of his poses probably has more plastic, and is far more interesting, than Kirby or Pikachu anyway.

Advertisement