Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I quite like the Kirby Amiibo, in his solid pink simplicity.
    hqdefault.jpg

King Dedede is probably one of the most impressive though, lovely model and painting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Kirby is so mother F***ing cute. *Explodes of a cuteness overdose*

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

He bugs me. So tiny, sitting there in his box, grinning brightly at me as if to say "You just bought ALL THIS AIR you sucker!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Do the red cheeks mean he's constantly embarrassed? Lack of clothes maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Do the red cheeks mean he's constantly embarrassed? Lack of clothes maybe?

It's rosacea, kirby loves the auld hot whiskeys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Walked into Smyth's in Swords today and what greeted me but the fair sight of Yarn Yoshis of every denomination, including the elusive Blue!
    MINE!!!
    And he was, for €19.99
    Happy days.
    No sign of Mr Game&Watch there though.
    I am tempted now to get Shovel Knight, Mega Yoshi and Chibi Robo.
    I have a feeling they might have something special for Starfox.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Anybody seen Yarn Yoshis in Galway? I've been waiting ages for the to come back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Grey Wind wrote: »
    Anybody seen Yarn Yoshis in Galway? I've been waiting ages for the to come back in stock.

I saw them there a week or two ago when the latest wave of duck hunt duo, ROB, etc arrived.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Walked into Smyth's in Swords today and what greeted me but the fair sight of Yarn Yoshis of every denomination, including the elusive Blue!
    MINE!!!
    And he was, for €19.99
    Happy days.
    No sign of Mr Game&Watch there though.
    I am tempted now to get Shovel Knight, Mega Yoshi and Chibi Robo.
    I have a feeling they might have something special for Starfox.

If there is a starfox set, I'll be selling kidneys.

Could be good, the whole team, except for Slippy, he's an ass.

• Advertisement

Smyths Jervis have plenty of the newest wave. Some of the older ones and the 3 Yarn Yoshi. They have so much aniibo now that they got a 2nd shelf next the skylanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The transformable Arwing amiibo that Miyamoto talked about months back would be cool, I think his concerns was how much it would cost to make it like that. I think Andross would make a cool Amiibo, maybe with his several differant forms in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone got any spare Amiibo cards yet, got a sare Lyle shiny card today, I am still looking for Tom Nook or Isabelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I went from 44 to 10 last week and thank fcuk!

Corholio wrote: »

Some crazy money there, usually this kind of ad waits for the truly desperate and ignorant closer to Christmas before trying to rob people blind.

Gamestop have added the newest wave and Mewtwo to their site along with Modern 8-bit Mario if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I'm going to be brave and not pre-order these two... maybe they'll be fine to get next week....

I'm going to be brave and not pre-order these two... maybe they'll be fine to get next week....

Same here. I chanced my arm and didn't preorder the last 6 that were released, and by buyin in Argos I saved €18 in comparison to buying them from GameStop. As much as I'm dying to get my hands on MewTwo, the one I've been longing for the most, I'm going to battle my ocd tendenies and say, it'll be grand! :)

• Advertisement

Yup again like the last wave I'm not going to order Mewtwo. I already have an 8 bit mario tho but he looks so nice

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

There's plenty of shops selling them too that I don't think there's anything to worry about :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Just wondering: does anyone know if the amiibo festival Isabelle Amiibo is available separate from the game?

CliCliW wrote: »
    Just wondering: does anyone know if the amiibo festival Isabelle Amiibo is available separate from the game?

I'm pretty sure they're all available separately.

I'm mostly just concerned about the mega expensive Amiibo that's coming soon, mega yarn yoshi. Kinda annoyed I didn't preorder from Amazon.de that time, just for peace of mind really. If anyone sees it available for preorder again, could you post a heads-up here? Thanks in advance! :)

Shovel Knight amiibo is delayed till December 4th now. SO on that day we get. Shovel Knight amiibo, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mario and Luigi Paper Jam. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shovel Knight amiibo is delayed till December 4th now. SO on that day we get. Shovel Knight amiibo, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mario and Luigi Paper Jam. :/

That's if the crappy shops here even bother to stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Is the Classic Colour 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo available from any local stores? It's on the various Amazon sites (though Amazon.co.uk refuses to send it to Ireland), but delivery charges bring the total to an undesirable price.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Is the Classic Colour 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo available from any local stores? It's on the various Amazon sites (though Amazon.co.uk refuses to send it to Ireland), but delivery charges bring the total to an undesirable price.

It's on the GameStop and Smyths website, for €16.99 and €19.99 respectively, along with Mewtwo, released this coming Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

It's on the GameStop and Smyths website, for €16.99 and €19.99 respectively, along with Mewtwo, released this coming Friday.

Are you sure? I can find only the Modern Colour variant.

Advertisement