Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Are you sure? I can find only the Modern Colour variant.

Oh I'm sorry! I thought you meant the upcoming release of the 8-bit mario, sorry for the confusion. I haven't heard anything about a release of that variant, asides from the mariomaker bundle, which is still available in Irish stores as far as I know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The retro coloured one is probably coming to an ebay page near you for many many €$ and £!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Gamestop.ie have got some amiibos back in stock. Captain Falcon, Sheik, Pit, Zelda, Toad and others are in stock again.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Fox is on Amazon.it for €6, so I bought it along with the Classic Colour Mario amiibo and Marth to justify the postage cost to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    ..to justify the postage cost to myself.

I must have used that line 100 times at this stage. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Anybody have any luck with Mewtwo in the wild yet. Seems to be no stock anywhere atm

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Anybody have any luck with Mewtwo in the wild yet. Seems to be no stock anywhere atm

Gamestop in Kilkenny have stock..just rang in and reserved one of each...was holding out for argos but no sign there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll be heading into Smyth's in a little while, I'll let you know

Just bought the modern 8 bit Mario Amiibo in Smyth's Swords, they have plenty of the Mew Two Amiibo here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Try Unknown Dungeon, just off route #24. That's where I found mine! ;):D

• Advertisement

Got a mewtwo in Smyths Jervis. Wasn't sure if I wanted the Modern 8-bit Mario since I have the classic one. So left him for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Myself and some friends picked up 3 mewtwos in smyths in Limerick today. Disappointed the collectors album for the animal crossing cards haven't come in yet. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't like that tail on Mewtwo, where is the evil anthropomorphic version from the original Pokemon Movie, where I ask you.

Don't like that tail on Mewtwo, where is the evil anthropomorphic version from the original Pokemon Movie, where I ask you.

Thats my problem with Mewtwo these days too. He dosn't seem as evil as he was in the movie. Plus he use to just stand on the edge of his toes but not anymore. Bring that Mewtwo back :(

So... anyone collecting the Animal Crossing Cards? I'm peeved that they've gone up to €24.99 in Argos for a pack of three. what the hell? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

CliCliW wrote: »
    So... anyone collecting the Animal Crossing Cards? I'm peeved that they've gone up to €24.99 in Argos for a pack of three. what the hell? :/

They'll revert back to the old price after the 3 for 2 offer finishes on Tuesday I'd imagine.

They'll revert back to the old price after the 3 for 2 offer finishes on Tuesday I'd imagine.

I hope so! €25 is a bit steep for 3 measly cards!

About 7 euro a pack on Amazon with the conversion, same price in Smyths too, they are expensive enough at that price. Argos price is taking the piddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Wow, they're really selling them for that? I always thought that was an online error X.X

I can get them for about a fiver here in Poland, I think. But I haven't been.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Jaysus, €25 for 3 cards! Are people actually paying that?

Have no interest in these cards, or Amiibo for that matter anymore. Waste of money.

• Advertisement

Wow, they're really selling them for that? I always thought that was an online error X.X

I can get them for about a fiver here in Poland, I think. But I haven't been.

You could get yourself a profitable adverts sideline!! The Polish based animal crossing king.:pac:

Have no interest in these cards, or Amiibo for that matter anymore. Waste of money.

I can't believe anyone would be desperate enough to pay that for them.

Anyone getting the Chibi Robo amiibo? I'd stay well away from the ZipLash game, it's looks awful and got a really really bad review (the only one I've read, it was enough for me not to bother reading any other reviews lol), but I ordered the amiibo on its own from amazon.fr, for an amiibo collector it's a must, plus it's super-cute. Didn't bother checking the local shops since I ordered online this time, it got dispatched yesterday so I presume today is the release date.

People interested in Chibi Robo should just buy the fantastic GameCube original and the DS gardening title if they must, forget the other entries exist at all.

I haven't seen reviews of Zip Lash but all the early looks I'd seen made me dread having to buy it. Fortunately my brother's able to sort me out with a loose amiibo so I'll have that at Christmas.

On the subject of annoying-to-get robots, has anybody gone for the Japanese R.O.B?

I haven't seen reviews of Zip Lash but all the early looks I'd seen made me dread having to buy it. Fortunately my brother's able to sort me out with a loose amiibo so I'll have that at Christmas.

On the subject of annoying-to-get robots, has anybody gone for the Japanese R.O.B?

It's on my to-get-hands-on list, along with that bloody gold mario. I think Japanese-coloured ROB is available from Amazon at a decent price.

I agree on the Chibi Robo game front, the GameCube original is gorgeous. Here's the review of Zip-Lash I read.
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/03/chibi-robo-zip-lash-franchise-suicide-5476934/
    Had considered getting the game with amiibo bundle because it's available at an alright price, but after reading that, I'm better off with the standalone amiibo and save myself money on the game, which sounds fairly worthless. :pac: Got way better games to play, and especially with Fallout 4 around the corner... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

They're €4.99 again, http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4178299.htm cheaper to buy the ones you want on ebay though if you're not worried about the lucky bag effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Grey Wind wrote: »

Omg, yes I agree absolutely, coolest amiibo Ever!!

tumblr_nxq5nyiEFa1u1ry24o1_540.png

Waiting for that Cloud Stife amiibo. Anybody else not happy with him being in Smash?

• Advertisement

I think he'll struggle to set himself apart from the myriad other swordfighters, but as a character I love it. He is an iconic character from an iconic game line.

We also got a look at the Lucas amiibo, for the first time I think, and the reveal of a Gold Megaman recolour to go with the Megaman anthology. Also a Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card packed with Pokken Tournament and the four Animal Crossing characters we'd seen already. Bit disappointed there weren't more amiibo reveals, I was expecting a Christmas push.

Advertisement