Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

There is a kind soul on Adverts willing to sell you the three "rare" Amiibos for €75 though. €30 each of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I have the three 'rare' ones that I will be returning after the ones I ordered from amazon come. If anyone wants them at cost pm me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This Amiibo malarkey is all a bit orchestrated, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

2 Marth's and 2 WFT's in Argos Ilac right now if anyone wants to grab them.
    I just picked up villager, WFT and Marth there.

That's it, no more! Till January.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fierce Deity Link was from Majoras Mask which was young Link rather than the Link available as an Amiibo, why not just buy 3 of them paint two of them blue and red and keep them as a set.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone get a little mac?

And yes, I caved spectacularly.

Buy one they said. That'll be enough they said.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone get a little mac?

I have one coming from amazon.de. Don't know if they are still there though.
    How many are in for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got Fox and Samus by accident today......

With Link and Mario as a chrimo pressie I think I'm done....maybe Pikachu to complete the set of the big franchises, I think I'm done

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

smokingman wrote: »
    I think I'm done

... For now...

Star Lord wrote: »
    ... For now...

dum dum DUM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Anyone get a little mac?

I got a Little Mac in Argos Ilac centre. Was the last one at the time and I reserved it, he is indeed little

B5f4pCMCQAI9_EZ.jpg

Ans a pic of overall collection so far B5f4Qp2CAAIyhMi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

There's a Wii Fit Trainer and Villager in Gamestop on Henry Street if anyone's stuck. Villager has a sticker on the box saying hold until New Year, but it's out on the rack.

Cheaper than a scalper I guess.

I got a Little Mac in Argos Ilac centre. Was the last one at the time and I reserved it, he is indeed little

B5f4pCMCQAI9_EZ.jpg

Ans a pic of overall collection so far B5f4Qp2CAAIyhMi.jpg

Erm...am I the only one keeping them in box??!!?? :-D

probably not, i haven't got mine yet

I threw away the boxes and they all sit, pride of place, above my projector screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

All mine are still in the boxes until I find out what else they do besides smash, mk8 and hyrule.

Man they take up a lot of space!

So the guy on adverts trying to sell Marth WFT and Villager for 35 each has reduced the price to 25 each and removed my comment and 'Metroids' comment AND blocked us from commenting. God I hope no one buys them from him, they are in stock in gamestop and Argos will get more just like yesterday.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I take mine out when I use them then they go back in the boxes until I can find somewhere good for them. They were all out in my pics for pic purposes. Other then that they all take up a lot of space in the boxes

If anyone is looking for a Villager or WFT and is in Limerick, let me know. Cost price of course.

I'm buying the rarer ones now so if I do decide to collect, I can easily pick up the more common ones later.. If I choose not to sell, they'll definitely hold their value.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm buying the rarer ones now so if I do decide to collect, I can easily pick up the more common ones later.. If I choose not to sell, they'll definitely hold their value.

I just bought 15 little macs'... :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone in Dublin wants a Marth for €13.50 let me know. I have 1 only.

Smyths have wave 3 up for release January 23rd. Toon Link and Ike will be mine. :)

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-824/nintendo-amiibo/?pageSize=48&page=1&viewAll=False

Allyall wrote: »
    I just bought 15 little macs'... :pac:

15? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Smyths have wave 3 up for release January 23rd. Toon Link and Ike will be mine. :)

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-824/nintendo-amiibo/?pageSize=48&page=1&viewAll=False

Sheik and Toon Link for me (for whatever Hyrule Warriors bonuses they offer), but the Ike looks pretty damn nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

15? Why?

I didn't. I was just kidding, not even that funny tbh :o.
    I was semi agreeing with your comment about buying the more elusive ones, so as to not struggle at a later date if I decide to collect..

No, right now I do not own a single Amiibo. The ones due to arrive in the first week in January I've promised to a friend, for either cost price, or in exchange for a game of similar value.
    If there had been a bit of a bigger gap between waves, and some weren't so noticeably hard to get, I would've kept going.

I just see a load of "entrepeneurs" :mad: (Aššhats is another name for them), buying up a load of them to sell at a higher price. I'll never buy from one of those..

All that aside,
    Merry Christmas Everyone!:D

Now, back to Steamworld dig.. :)

Kinda thought I was done but that Bowzer....hmmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just got Kirby, but I've seen Marth around.
    I must pick up the Villager at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Every time i look at this thread i want amiibos more and more ive bought link and i thought that was that but there will be more brought!!!

Bought a Link myself yesterday, going to open it up paint it red and glue the box back up then sell it as a one of a kind, muah ha ha ha ha.

Gotta start living up to my username and all. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Yeah I already snapped off Princess Peaches legs, carefully resealed the box, and the current bid on eBay is over 3 grand. :) Kinda feel bad but the people bidding against each other are probably ridiculously wealthy anyway and don't know what to do with their money, so I see myself as a Robin Hood type-figure, in a Nintendo accessory-obsessed sphere. Or maybe I'm just as delusional. Ah whatevs, it pays the bills.

:pac:

Advertisement