Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Or you can wait 6 months in the hope that Nintendo release it separately like they did in the past with the Inkling Squid amiibo in Europe.

Did they?
    That's great, I had no idea.
    A kind user on here sold me his extra Squidlng for the rrp, so I was happy with that, it's a lovely model too.
    I still haven't the girl Squidling, but am in no rush at all, seeing as I can't play Splatoon online without the fecking thing timing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Smyths DOES still have a separate Isabelle listed as TBC, and it's official European box art, so she should hopefully be released soon. Which is good, because she's the only thing about Animal Crossing that I actually care about.

Digby will be a problem. I may need to eBay him.

I ordered the other six and Falco from Smyths so hopefully they'll reach home next week. Still debating if I want to drop 50 on a Mega Yarn Yoshi. Does he count as a recolour or a new model... damn it Nintendo how did you find a chink in my rules like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Smyths DOES still have a separate Isabelle listed as TBC, and it's official European box art, so she should hopefully be released soon. Which is good, because she's the only thing about Animal Crossing that I actually care about.

Digby will be a problem. I may need to eBay him.

I ordered the other six and Falco from Smyths so hopefully they'll reach home next week. Still debating if I want to drop 50 on a Mega Yarn Yoshi. Does he count as a recolour or a new model... damn it Nintendo how did you find a chink in my rules like that?

Mega Yarn Yoshi has a different design to the mini yarn yoshis, so definitely a new model. It's crazy expensive for a cuddly toy with an amiibo chip in his foot, but I shudder to think of the resale value when they sell out...

Isabelle is (or maybe was, my internet connection is bad at the minute so it's too much effort/slowloading to check) available from the various Amazon sites tho, I've ordered all mine from amazon.fr to save effort chasing them from the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Mega Yarn Yoshi has a different design to the mini yarn yoshis, so definitely a new model.

You're not helping!!

Edit: Preordered the fecker >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ye are bonkers. :eek: How can ye spend €50 on something that does practically nothing? He's not exactly Mega sized either.
    mega-yarn-yoshi-amiibo_1920.0.0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

The amiibo addiction sure is a sick one. Especially on the wallet. Looking for Isabelle on ebay. Do you have to pay import charges when they come from Japan?

The amiibo addiction sure is a sick one. Especially on the wallet. Looking for Isabelle on ebay. Do you have to pay import charges when they come from Japan?

I think anything coming from outside the EU valued under €45 doesn't face a customs charge, but I may be incorrect.
    Edit: I could be completely wrong and may not have a clue what I'm talking about there actually, sorry! Just seem to recall hearing that recently. And I bought a game the other week coming from the States and charged at €39.99 (€44.99 including shipping), and didn't face any charges. This may have been luck, or maybe it qualified for being under the charge limit.

Ye are bonkers. :eek: How can ye spend €50 on something that does practically nothing? He's not exactly Mega sized either.
    mega-yarn-yoshi-amiibo_1920.0.0.jpg

Looks mega-enough to me, so I'm getting one. :pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No worse than buying sealed games and not playing them.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No worse than buying sealed games and not playing them.

Very good point. When they're both open though, one does a lot more than the other. I look at it like one of those stuffed toys you win at a fairground that costs next to nothing with a NFC in its foot. Yes it's better quality but €50 better quality?

• Advertisement

Very good point. When they're both open though, one does a lot more than the other. I look at it like one of those stuffed toys you win at a fairground that costs next to nothing with a NFC in its foot. Yes it's better quality but €50 better quality?

Definitely worth it for people who buy it. Otherwise, they wouldn't be buying it. :P It's also a once-off, and amazing for the yoshi-fans among us. I thought the yarn yoshi's were too cute to handle, but this giant one surpasses that level of cuteness by a mega-factor hahaha. :pac:

I've always loved Yoshi. From the day I got a Yoshi pin-on badge up until the day I preordered a big stupid yarn Yoshi and I will love Yoshi long beyond that.

@sligeach - you can sleep with a cartridge or CD but you can definitely snuggle up that mega amiibo.

You all make me sick!! Sick because you are all making me want a Mega Yarn Yoshi more and more. Must....not...order...

You all make me sick!! Sick because you are all making me want a Mega Yarn Yoshi more and more. Must....not...order...

Your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for Yoshi are strong. You have controlled your desire. Now release your desire. Only your desire can make you order it.
    Feel the power of the yarn side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for Yoshi are strong. You have controlled your desire. Now release your desire. Only your desire can make you order it.
    Feel the power of the yarn side.

knitted-darth-vader.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    knitted-darth-vader.jpg

Cool though he looks more like Dog Vader. :pac:

Splatoon Girl €15.49 in argos. 1 atm in Stephens green

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

I think anything coming from outside the EU valued under €45 doesn't face a customs charge, but I may be incorrect.
    Edit: I could be completely wrong and may not have a clue what I'm talking about there actually, sorry! Just seem to recall hearing that recently. And I bought a game the other week coming from the States and charged at €39.99 (€44.99 including shipping), and didn't face any charges. This may have been luck, or maybe it qualified for being under the charge limit.

I bought the red coloured "rob robot" amiibo from japan and got €15 customs charge. 8 for the customs and 7 for the an post admin fee. Sickening as the ebay cost including postage was just €23.
    Revenue are desperate for cash.

Has anyone seen where gold megaman can be pre-ordered from usa?

Got an Isabelle for 20 on ebay coming from Germany. Hopefully it all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

You can pre-order the gold megaman bundle from USA www.gamestop.com $50 + $20 delivery + customs.

• Advertisement

Anyone get Mega Yarn Yoshi? It's bloody huge, hahah, worth the price imo for a really nice woolly recreation of our favourite cutesy dinosaur. :pac:

Anyone get Mega Yarn Yoshi? It's bloody huge, hahah, worth the price imo for a really nice woolly recreation of our favourite cutesy dinosaur. :pac:

No. No. No. Yes.

No. No. No. Yes.

Oh my God! Is this.... A morsel of positivity?! ;)

Oh my God! Is this.... A morsel of positivity?! ;)

A small spool of hope, when his usual positivity is so threadbare, in fairness his view on amiibo is not to get fleeced and he really won't let Nintendo pull the wool over his eyes, I'm trying to weave a few woolly puns into this post but I'm afraid it's spinning out of control but then who doesn't like a good yarn.

A small spool of hope, when his usual positivity is so threadbare, in fairness his view on amiibo is not to get fleeced and he really won't let Nintendo pull the wool over his eyes, I'm trying to weave a few woolly puns into this post but I'm afraid it's spinning out of control but then who doesn't like a good yarn.

Hahahahaha that's brilliant. :) And post of the week goes to: OwaynOTT! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

bought two packs of series 2 animal crossing cards and got KK Slider and Autumn Isabelle in them, €5 a pack, so happy.

Your post stitched puns into a tissue, a fabric of such verbose texture I may have cried... maybe pee'd a little too...
    I forsee a rubber walled room and a jacket of white heavy cotton whose arms strap around at the back by the wrists in your future!
    See you soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Not sure if this is the right place but I am hoping ye can provide feedback and suggestions.

I'm thinking about making an amiibos site.

I was thinking maybe I would start by listing all the Amiibos.
    Then beside an Amiibo I would list its price across online stores; any online store with an automated way to get a price. Maybe start with Amazon and add from there.

It could be useful for a fan/ collector to be able to keep track of what they already own on the site by logging in like a digital shelf. With this information could add the ability to get notified when an Amiibo drops in price or becomes available.

Would something like this be useful?

Blendage wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place but I am hoping ye can provide feedback and suggestions.

I'm thinking about making an amiibos site.

I was thinking maybe I would start by listing all the Amiibos.
    Then beside an Amiibo I would list its price across online stores; any online store with an automated way to get a price. Maybe start with Amazon and add from there.

Then but not sure, it could be useful for a fan/ collector to be able to keep track of what they already own on the site by logging in and get notified when an Amiibo drops in price or becomes available.

Would something like this be useful?

As a self-proclaimed enthusiastic amiibo collector/obsessed-fan, I love this idea!! :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement