Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Where can I order a Shovel Knight from? German Amazon etc? Poor guy cant get into the Irish market :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Where can I order a Shovel Knight from? German Amazon etc? Poor guy cant get into the Irish market :(

Yep I ordered it from Amazon France. Oh, mega yarn yoshi is €36.99 on the German site at the moment for those of you still thinking about having your very own loveable woolly dinosaur. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Idle curiosity time. Do the Isabelle amiibo and the Isabelle card have the same functionality? How about the Series 1 and the Series 2 cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Idle curiosity time. Do the Isabelle amiibo and the Isabelle card have the same functionality? How about the Series 1 and the Series 2 cards?

The amiibo and cards do. A lot of people bought Cyrus' amiibo so they could decorate his house :)

I would assume the cards might have different costumes or something? I'm not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Smyths had a Meta Knight for €5 there yesterday, no idea why or if it's in all Smyths but they only had one left. Pretty good selection too along with their two for €25 deal.

• Advertisement

Shovel Knight's official, and apparently final, release date is now Jan. 8th. Seems the customs issue is resolved, whatever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Shovel Knight's official, and apparently final, release date is now Jan. 8th. Seems the customs issue is resolved, whatever it was.

I'm very curious as to why there was an issue with customs in the first place. I preordered shovel knight last month from Amazon.fr and while the release date was delayed a couple of times, i eventually got it in the post the other week. Was the customs problem affecting orders for retailers that were coming through the UK? Maybe I've just answered my own question. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Yes it's UK where the problem was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

My sister got me the Mega Yoshi but dunno if I should return it, it's nice and all but €50... don't want her spending that for a bit of wool I'll glance at.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    My sister got me the Mega Yoshi but dunno if I should return it, it's nice and all but €50... don't want her spending that for a bit of wool I'll glance at.

Or you could just sell it to someone here, hint hint

• Advertisement

Speaking of which, is anyone looking for any? I've a load of spares I got to customize originally but don't have the time to anymore. I'll be putting them up on adverts soon but figure I'll ask in here first. Mostly Smash + Toad

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No selling here folks!

I'm sure plenty would be interested (depending on the Amiibo in question!) so feel free to drop a link to the adverts page, but just don't go mad on it!

Right, I didn't really mean it that way but I didn't think, sorry! Anyway here's the link.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-toys-games/amiibo/9534026

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQsH4yt2M-o

Picked up a few amiibo during the week, do they do anything or are they pretty much useless?

I've got a load of Disney Infinity figures but they all seem to do things in their game... these nothing :/

Depends on the game and the amiibo.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Depends on the game and the amiibo.

I've only got Yoshi's Woolly World.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I've only got Yoshi's Woolly World.

Every non-Pokemon amiibo unlocks an adorable yarn Yoshi in Yoshi's Woolly World.

Amiibo don't do much in any individual game, barring a couple of exceptions like Splatoon and Shovel Knight. While Infinity figures only work with one game and do a lot, amiibo are intended to provide little bonuses to a wide variety of games.

Every non-Pokemon amiibo unlocks an adorable yarn Yoshi in Yoshi's Woolly World.

EG: Ganondorf Yoshi...

ganondorf_yoshi__banner-auto-cropping.jpg

EG: Ganondorf Yoshi...

ganondorf_yoshi__banner-auto-cropping.jpg

Thank god I didn't pay full price for these then, it's a bit of a waste if they don't really do anything decent.

• Advertisement

Again, it depends on the game what they unlock. And they're not tied to only a single game/series, like Skylanders are.

Again, it depends on the game what they unlock. And they're not tied to only a single game/series, like Skylanders are.

After reading up on them it appears in even games they are supported in they do f' all, like Mewtwo in Smash, you can train a A.I. version of him but can't play as him... stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

To be completely honest, I don't even buy them for what they do in game. I buy them because I think they look cool and are of some of my favourite characters in gaming. The fact that they do anything at all is just a nice little bonus, but not 1 I tend to use too often.

I can totally sympathize, alas, and that's coming from someone who's trying to collect them all. You really need to be into them as a collectible figurine in order to get any real value out of them. Still! Since the launch of Lego Dimensions at least they're no longer the worst value for money in this genre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love them as figurines first, and mild dlc unlocks second.
    Hoping we'll more interesting uses for them but at least non collectors of them aren't missing much, aside from costumes, alternate characters and some bonus challenges here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I got Smash Bros and an amiibo for Christmas. The amiibo looks deadly and I like having it in the shelf. Anyway, I fired up Smash Bros today for the first time (first time I've ever played a Smash Bros) and wasn't too keen on it! I'll have to try it again but it just seems a bit chaotic, compared to Street Fighter which would be my regular beat'me up, although I do respect that while similar, they are different games.

I only wanted one amiibo (toon link). I got adult link as a present. Then I bought myself toon link yesterday.... And I'm toying with the ideas of JUST getting the other three Zelda amiibo..... Slippery slope this amiibo business!

That's precisely how I started.... I'll just get the Triforce, and maybe Peach, Yoshi and Ness because I use them in the game....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I, too, had only planned on getting "just the one".
    Just picked up no. 15 today though...couldn't resist old Falco to go with my Fox :D

There's two Falcos left in Smyth Naas BTW as well as Tom Nook and a load of animal crossing ones if anyone''s looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I buy the ones I like the look of and that I'm a fan of for all the extra add-ons/dlc I just use the amiiqo device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I buy the ones I like the look of and that I'm a fan of for all the extra add-ons/dlc I just use the amiiqo device

That's out? I thought it was shut down before it even hit the shelves. That's something I'd possibly get. I used to never see it on Ebay but just checked now and it's €80+. Pass!

Advertisement