Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

wow that's cheap, cex gave me 15 euro or so for my squid amiibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

My local Gamestop and Smyths have had Squids for a while. Though, obviously not for that price O.O

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I have a spare boxed green yarn Yoshi. Anyone want to trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

since it looks like smyths are not getting the animal crossing amiibo in and it seems amazon no longer ship amiibo to Ireland, where is best place to pick them up or is everyone giving up on them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I'm kinda depending on Smyths or Argos in all honesty to continue stocking amiibo. If you're after something which won't be stocked I think Ebay, or a foreign friend, are your best bets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

since it looks like smyths are not getting the animal crossing amiibo in and it seems amazon no longer ship amiibo to Ireland, where is best place to pick them up or is everyone giving up on them now?

smyths are prob just out of stock?ive picked all mine up from there,gamestop always get the new batches in but you have to pre order with them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

johnf26 wrote: »

Damn, now I need to buy this!
    The game is supposed to be M'eh but the Amiibo is lovely and I have the previous Gamecube and DS games in the franchise....
    To Smyth's!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Gamestop have the 2nd wave of animal crossing in the stores if I'm right. They also had chibi robo by himself but smyths have a good deal on the game you can trade in anyway if you dont want it.

I played the game, its not great but I've played worse. Nice little platformer and at that price with an amiibo you have nothing to lose.

2 for €25 in Smyths again, on all but Lucas if anybody still needs any.

Ryu and others also up for preorder on Gamestop if that's still a thing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smyths seemed to have plenty of Animal Crossing Amiibo when I was in there yesterday, not sure which wave they were from though.

2 for €25 in Smyths again, on all but Lucas if anybody still needs any.

Ryu and others also up for preorder on Gamestop if that's still a thing!

Lucas is under the 2 for €25 now :)

I don't preorder with gamestop anymore. There seems to be enough to be able to pick up at some point anyway.

Incase anybody didnt spot it,the triple pack of animal crossings is in the 2 for 25e in smyths(sorry if its been mentioned) sick i am as i paid like 45e for the 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

johnf26 wrote: »
    Incase anybody didnt spot it,the triple pack of animal crossings is in the 2 for 25e in smyths(sorry if its been mentioned) sick i am as i paid like 45e for the 3 :(

Amiibo really not selling well in Ireland lately. That's a great price and all the prices of amiibos are tempting currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Amiibo really not selling well in Ireland lately. That's a great price and all the prices of amiibos are tempting currently.

The Animal Crossing amiibo in general don't seem to be selling all that well. Though they also seem like they were the most plentifully supplied to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

For anyone going for a 100% collection, Dark Bowser and Dark DK Skylander/Amiibo packs for Wii/WiiU are going for 45 now down from 100 in Smyths.
    The standalone normal colour Bowser and DK Skylander/Amiibo pack are now 22 down from 35.

If Nintendo were dumb enough not to release a proper Animal Crossing game for the WiiU they can hardly expect people to queue up to buy expensive figurines for a glorified Mario Party game.
    Same on the 3DS, they'd have been better to have dlc'd Amiibo function into New Leaf, maybe paid DLC, available with a triple pack of Amiibo or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Am I right in thinking Ryu is out tomorrow?

smokingman wrote:
    Am I right in thinking Ryu is out tomorrow?

I thought it was March?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

CliCliW wrote: »
    I thought it was March?

Fek, it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon have the WiiU Skylanders with Donkeykong for £20 at the moment. Obviously if you just want the Amiibo, Smyths have that for €22 as mentioned above, but if you want that Amiibo to be able to drive around in a suped up (souped up?) junglemobile you'll be wanting the software... also, you might be able to gouge some cash back by trading it in.

Anyone know where I could get a sonic amiibo in ireland at all? I want to hold off on ebay just in case I can get one in ireland first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

CliCliW wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get a sonic amiibo in ireland at all? I want to hold off on ebay just in case I can get one in ireland first :)

I don't think I've ever seen Sonic on sale here, even as other Amiibos have become more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hmm, is sonic rare now? Seen a few people ask about him. Amazon have him in stock, but £15 before p&p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MattMurphy35K

Does anybody know if you need to bring in the original packaging when trading amiibo into CeX?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Does anybody know if you need to bring in the original packaging when trading amiibo into CeX?

You don't, they'll buy and sell them loose

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

They take them sealed as well but you don't get anymore for that.

No amiibo anywhere it seems except online :/

No amiibo anywhere it seems except online :/

jasus i had forgotten about them coming out today till I seen this,I only ordered ryu and roy just now on gamestop online going to try hold out with the animal crossing ones till they go cheaper for my collection all the others went down to 11.99 so ill wait.

• Advertisement

I haven't had any trouble here. Smyths Galway only had Ryu and J-ROB but Gamestop had plenty of the others.

Advertisement