Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Jervis Street had Ryu and Rob. Not many of either tho. Roy didn't come in but Gamestop got him. Didnt see Rob or Ryu there and no animal Crossing anywhere. Argos got nothing but at least they had Shovel Knight. Online checks this morning showed no stock for any new amiibo in any of the stores tho.
    Only 3 more smash to go so lets hope stocks are good when they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Jervis Street had Ryu and Rob. Not many of either tho. Roy didn't come in but Gamestop got him. Didnt see Rob or Ryu there and no animal Crossing anywhere. Argos got nothing but at least they had Shovel Knight. Online checks this morning showed no stock for any new amiibo in any of the stores tho.

gamestop has animal crossings online

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I've collected every amiibo so far, even though I don't play the likes of Animal Crossing and Splatoon, but now that we're down to the last three Smashers, I may just call it quits on them all once those three are out. It's been one hell of a ride.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've collected every amiibo so far, even though I don't play the likes of Animal Crossing and Splatoon, but now that we're down to the last three Smashers, I may just call it quits on them all once those three are out. It's been one hell of a ride.

You.... you're like the anti-Sligeach!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Animal crossing ones flopped big time so far. I was very pissed Smyths didn't get Roy but did get Famicom ROB. I'm going to Belfast to hunt him down in GAME.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Things have totally slowed down for me now too, Bayonetta is the only upcoming one on my radar and there aren't many other unreleased characters I can think of that I'd want.

As it stands I've got a very nice collection of all the main characters from all the big Nintendo series, which I'm really happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Animal crossing ones flopped big time so far. I was very pissed Smyths didn't get Roy but did get Famicom ROB. I'm going to Belfast to hunt him down in GAME.

gamestop have him...saves the trip up there for it unless your heading anyways i suppose

I notice both Roy and the Animal Crossing Series 3 cards have vanished from Smyths' website. Are the cards available anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Someone mentioned Sonic a while ago. Toys r us Sprucefield have one behind a Game n watch. 6 in from right, 2 from top. £11.89

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Sonic a while ago. Toys r us Sprucefield have one behind a Game n watch. 6 in from right, 2 from top. £11.89

As much as I love Sonic games, the Megadrive originals, I am not driving all the way to Lisburn to get it!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    As much as I love Sonic games, the Megadrive originals, I am not driving all the way to Lisburn to get it!

Not even to pick up Watchdogs for 14.99 and NBA 2013 for 2.35 with no cover? Guitar Hero for 38 ish? And Sainsbo's had the Wii edition of Skylanders Supercharger for 18. What your Wii will do with an amiibo is anyone's guess.

All in all a fine day of not buying stuff for myself.

Anyone know if Smyth's have the Fox Amiibo in stock?
    I'm hoping the branch in Swords have it, I'm preparing for Starfox Zero and I'd rather not pay the €17 Gamestop are looking for the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Anyone know if Smyth's have the Fox Amiibo in stock?
    I'm hoping the branch in Swords have it, I'm preparing for Starfox Zero and I'd rather not pay the €17 Gamestop are looking for the thing.

Ah ciderman. I've had it up on adverts for months for a tenner. Traded it in yesterday in cex.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah ciderman. I've had it up on adverts for months for a tenner. Traded it in yesterday in cex.

Bugger....
    Spent the money in Gamestop
    On a brighter note had a chat about games and games console collecting with the two at the till.
    He seemed pretty proud of his collection of some 12 consoles, until I countered with my some 50... Nerd p1ssing contests!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

They look good but don't offer anything decent

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Is there anywhere to get Roy any more? Disgusted I put off getting him and now I can't seem to find him! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CliCliW wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to get Roy any more? Disgusted I put off getting him and now I can't seem to find him! :(

You could try Lamestop.

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=57341

Edit: And Gameseek.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Multig7gfahw76mv/Nintendo-Amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros-Collection-No-55-Roy

Thanks a million sligeach! ^_^

CliCliW wrote: »

Amazon and Ebay have Roy for good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Waluigi, Daisy and a glow in the dark Boo Amiibo's announced, along with the 3 new Zelda ones.

Ck7ky_EXIAAtmBF.jpg:large

• Advertisement

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild amiibo Trailer - Nintendo E3 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMJPRvGD6E

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mrfuntasia

Hi I am currently looking to get rid of my Amiibo collection on adverts thought I would let ye know I am heavily interested in swaps for video games or anything Nintendo related my listing is the the one for one euro

My amiibo arrived from Amiami on Monday. Well packed and in great condition. Much quicker delivery than I expected. They had said it would be 3-5 weeks.
    Cn2F85JWEAARoGp.jpg:large

What was I thinking?

Has there been any word at all of bayonetta, cloud and Corrin amiibo bar their original announcement?

I thought the projected dates for them was always set to Dec 31st to show they were "2016, TBC" - but at this point it would make sense for them to leave them until at least the end of the summer to give people something to buy in the run up to christmas.

I think it's amazing how amiibo hunting has died completely down. That was a gas few months, wasn't it? Has anybody stopped going for them, or even sold up?

I'm still resolved to capping the collection once I finish Smash, though Nintendo are dangling those last three for so long that it's nearly pointless. After that I might just get the occasional interesting one. I have got them all so far (not counting recolours and cards) but with so little buzz around them, they've kinda lost some appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would be intersted in getting Bayonetta and maybe Callie and Marie to complete my Splatoon colection

Funny you should bring up amiibo. I was only reading about them earlier and how they're thankfully dying.

Toys-to-life sales shift from amiibo and Skylanders to LEGO Dimensions and Disney Infinity in the U.S.

nintendoeverything.com/toys-to-life-sales-shift-from-amiibo-and-skylanders-to-lego-dimensions-and-disney-infinity-in-the-u-s/

sligeach wrote: »
    Funny you should bring up amiibo. I was only reading about them earlier and how they're thankfully dying.

Toys-to-life sales shift from amiibo and Skylanders to LEGO Dimensions and Disney Infinity in the U.S.

nintendoeverything.com/toys-to-life-sales-shift-from-amiibo-and-skylanders-to-lego-dimensions-and-disney-infinity-in-the-u-s/

Well Disney Infinity is finished so Lego Dimensions is the only brand out there that is selling and that is due to the various IP's they have

Skylanders has been going down in the past year or so and the new game hasn't got the attention/buzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Amiibo's aren't dying at all, they just have staggered the releases of them the last few months. The Bayonetta and the 3 ones for Breath of The Wild show that there's more to come certainly, and looking forward to getting those. Them increasing the stock is what slowed the 'hunt' for them, not much hunting if there is easy to get now. That's what most peoples complaints were anyway right?

Advertisement