Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I really like the look of the Breath of the Wild and the Monster Hunter Stories ones, though there's something like 6 (!) for Monster Hunter Stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I think the last 3 Amiibo for Smash will be kept till a Smash Deluxe NX game is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Aside from Amiibo over- (or at least sufficient-)stocking, Infinity stock is being liquidated right now since the servers are coming down in September I think, after which I'm presuming you won't be able to update the game any more - 3.0 wouldn't start for me till I updated it! Why buy 1 amiibo for €14 when you can have 3 Infinity for a tenner?

(on that topic, Smyths have added 2.0 into their 3 for 2 - Venom, the Guardians, Loki etc - and they have some cheap 2.0 playsets; Saw Guardians for 7.99 with Starlord and Gamora, and the Vita version of Infinity 2.0 starter set which ships with black uniform Spidey and the Spidey playset is 4.99).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

GameStop in Stephens Green are selling amiibo for 7.47. They have a lot of Yoshi yarns (all colours), not sure if all figures are discounted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Almost certainly the issue around Amiibo right now is that they have little functionality, arguably at all, outside of the WiiU ecosystem, with only a limited number of 3DS consoles owned capable of using them and even then their function offers little beyond the game as is.
    With a new console and a refreshed software line up, with Amiibo function expanded somewhat, we should see an associated lift in sales.
    Right now, for many consumers, me included, the Amiibo range are a really well realised figurine line, and little more.
    Maybe, with examples like the Twilight Princess Amiibo unlock in Breath of the Wild, we'll see more critical and interesting Amiibo interactions and uses.
    Which reminds me, I have to get that LoZ:TP special edition soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Those new Zelda amiibos are so nice. I wish they would have done a young Link to be coupled with adult Link from Ocarina of Time, instead of two more Toon Links. And maybe one or two with Epona. Hoping for another wave before/after the Breath of the Wild ones. Probably asking for too much lol. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Those new Zelda amiibos are so nice. I wish they would have done a young Link to be coupled with adult Link from Ocarina of Time, instead of two more Toon Links. And maybe one or two with Epona. Hoping for another wave before/after the Breath of the Wild ones. Probably asking for too much lol. :)

I thought i was done with amiibos after callie & marie, but nintendo reel me back in with an 8 bit link and ocarina of time link, there is no way a zelda fan can resist that! Now if only there was a phoenix wright amiibo i think id be set!

Do the adult / toon links double as their original Smash counterparts?
    Not sure I have room on my shelf for doubles.

Christ I wish Amiibos did something useful. Bought Ganondorf. Wife asked me why. Couldn't for the life of me answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Because it's Ganondorf! What other reason does she need?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Because:

1. It looks incredible

2. ... Whatever!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can't wait for Poochy and 8 bit Link, also have to get one of the giant wooly Yoshi's

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

No real interest in Poochy... though I'll still get it... those Zeldas, on the other hand, are exactly the kind of thing that'll loosen my wallet strap. I especially like the Toon Zelda, I've always loved that character design. These four are nicer than the Breath ones to me, which are kinda meh, though I'll accept the chance that that's unfamiliarity speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

does anyone have any info on the monster hunter amiibo series released in Japan? I can see a few on play-asia to buy right now plus a few more to pre order. Can't seem to find a list online about what's out and what's planned for this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 combustible

i was happy with just the animal crossing amiibo cards until this new update ;_; now i really want all the figures, too!

i was shopping around for the new welcome amiibo cards earlier today ("series 5", i guess, but with new villagers to the game), but apparently the first two series didn't sell well enough at gamestop for them to order more/the later series ? at least at the one in st. stephen's green.
    i was hoping i'd be able to nab a pack of the sanrio collab cards when they came out here to send to a friend, as they're meant to be released in europe before the states, but i think that dream might be crushed. anybody know anything about this? i tried smyths too but i'm not sure if they meant they "didn't have them in" right now or any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Checked on Game.co.uk, seems the Sanrio cards are not released till the 25th.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-crossing-new-leaf-sanrio-amiibo-cards-pack-1733776

Cant seem to find the Welcome Amiibo! ones, Game lists as not available and no sign on other game sites. I guess they were very limited stock as prices are high, various Amazons have some packs for about €10 each.

but apparently the first two series didn't sell well enough at gamestop for them to order more/the later series ? at least at the one in st. stephen's green.
    i was hoping i'd be able to nab a pack of the sanrio collab cards when they came out here to send to a friend, as they're meant to be released in europe before the states, but i think that dream might be crushed. anybody know anything about this? i tried smyths too but i'm not sure if they meant they "didn't have them in" right now or any more.
    I think in Gamestop here was selling series 2 cheap, it was like €4 for 2 packs.
    Are you looking for someone in particular I might have it?
    No idea on Sanrio cards but I'm interested if you hear anything, heard nothing about them being released here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 combustible

I think in Gamestop here was selling series 2 cheap, it was like €4 for 2 packs.
    Are you looking for someone in particular I might have it?
    No idea on Sanrio cards but I'm interested if you hear anything, heard nothing about them being released here.

yeah when i was at gamestop i think they were selling them about 2.50 a pack, which is great value tbh

i'm only causally collecting them right now, i don't want to get any more before i find something/get a binder to keep them in :p

nintendo's uk website has the welcome amiibo listed and the sanrio collab for preorder :0 dispatch times aren't too great, though. i don't think anything more specific than "european release" was said
    edit: the uk site doesn't ship outside the uk rip. guess i'm trying amazon

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/animal-crossing-collection/amiibo-cards.list

edit: the uk site doesn't ship outside the uk rip. guess i'm trying amazon

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/animal-crossing-collection/amiibo-cards.list
    Parcel Motel or DPD Parcel Wizard or the An Post version whatever that is called, any of those should work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Parcel Motel or DPD Parcel Wizard or the An Post version whatever that is called, any of those should work

I think Nintendo stopped the Parcel Motel method when they figured out what was happening. AFAIK, AddressPal still works though.

sligeach wrote: »
    I think Nintendo stopped the Parcel Motel method when they figured out what was happening. AFAIK, AddressPal still works though.
    I thought Ciderman used PM lately to get his Pokemon Go thing? I remember it coming up then but thought went fine.
    Sure Address Pal will do anyways

I thought Ciderman used PM lately to get his Pokemon Go thing? I remember it coming up then but thought went fine.
    Sure Address Pal will do anyways

Yeah, the Pokemon Go Plus arrived safe and sound via Parcel Motel, I guess it depends which Toad is running your order through, if it's a red one your laughing, if it's a blue or orange you're screwed.
    The yellow one is still off sick with liver failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

The Ocarina of Time Link Amiibo looks like the best one detail wise out of the Link amiibo's so far. Can't wait for it. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cex has a few of the amiibo cards some are pricey though at €3 each. Am hoping to get my favorite one later, Blue Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Cex has a few of the amiibo cards some are pricey though at €3 each. Am hoping to get my favorite one later, Blue Bear.

Do you have to buy online or can you chance your arm in store? I'm still trying to complete series 1 but I can't justify €5 for 3 cards at all. It makes me so sad :(

They have them listed on the ie.webuy.com site as to which card is in which store if its in stock at all.

The Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylandermiibos are €8 in Smyths if anyone's still looking for them

To Smyths I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

New shots of the Breath of the Wild 'Guardian' Amiibo and 'Poochy' from Woolly World packaging. Note the addition of the red Nintendo logo.

zelda-guardian-amiibo-boart-656x561.jpg
    Poochy-704x1024.jpg

Advertisement