Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

For some unknown reason, a lot of places neglected to get the toon zelda amiibo in ireland, Shes on amazon if anyone want it, you need parcel motel tho. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windwaker-Zelda-amiibo-Collection-Nintendo/dp/B01LWI4PWB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480763567&sr=8-1&keywords=wind+waker+zelda+amiibo

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Yeah I noticed this, I can't find her anywhere. Other three are no problem and coincide beautifully with the 3 for 2 deal Smyths started yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

For some unknown reason, a lot of places neglected to get the toon zelda amiibo in ireland, Shes on amazon if anyone want it, you need parcel motel tho. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windwaker-Zelda-amiibo-Collection-Nintendo/dp/B01LWI4PWB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480763567&sr=8-1&keywords=wind+waker+zelda+amiibo

walked into gamestop about an hour ago and they had 2 of each in stock might be worth checking your local

johnf26 wrote: »
    walked into gamestop about an hour ago and they had 2 of each in stock might be worth checking your local

my local one doesnt get amiibos in unless you pre order them and these ones slipped under my radar :/

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Amiibo are 3 for 2 in my GameStop! Got a toon link and a diddy Kong so I'm happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

anybody see boo,donkey kong and diddy kong oct released ones around?

johnf26 wrote: »

Seen boos in smyths cant remember if donkey or diddy were there tho.

johnf26 wrote:

All in GameStop in the Crescent in Limerick today, but I might have taken the last Diddy Kong I'm afraid

I saw Donkey and Diddy in Smyths Galway too but they seem to have been the first to sell out. Weird...?
    I didn't even get mine, don't blame me...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was in Smyths in Swords yesterday, nearly walked out with 8bit Link, figured someone will buy it for me for Christmas.... have to be strong and spend all my money on Amiibo I never use!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not spend you mean surly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smyths Tallaght had the newer Donkey Kong, Boo, 8-Bit link and new Toon Link in their 3 for 2 earlier. And still do because I have no cash.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not spend you mean surly. ;)

You're right, and don't call me Shirley

Good deal for boo he is glow in the dark

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You're right, and don't call me Shirley

Called you surly if the shoe fits. :D

Am sick of shopping its mental in town, wanted Mario Maker as CeX buy it for what it costs I can rent(rob) it for the night to see if I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Called you surly if the shoe fits. :D

Am sick of shopping its mental in town, wanted Mario Maker as CeX buy it for what it costs I can rent(rob) it for the night to see if I like it.

Please, if you have the Wii U version, stick with that one instead. The 3ds version is so watered down, it's heartbreaking.

You don't want to see Mario in this sick state, believe me.

robojet wrote: »
    Please, if you have the Wii U version, stick with that one instead. The 3ds version is so watered down, it's heartbreaking.

You don't want to see Mario in this sick state, believe me.

As I said I can try it for free in a sense which seeing as I can't see well enough to use my Wii u on a TV(cry me a river) the 3ds one is alls Is gots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I was in NYC last week and the Nintendo Store had a double pack of Wind Waker Link and Wind Waker Zelda. Didn't see her on her own anywhere. Came home without 8-Bit link but now that I've seen the stock situation I'll pop out and get 8-Bit Link on the way home.

Good deal for boo he is glow in the dark

That fecking ghost. He's actually the closest I've come to really questioning what I'm doing here. On the day he released, I remember standing in Smyths, looking at him, how small and static he is, and debating if this tiny golf ball of nigh-noninteractive plastic is really worth fifteen of my EMUs. FIFTEEN. For THIS TINY THING. He's not even well-sculpted, with that ugly visible belly plate.

So far he hasn't been worth it. I only have Daisy and Waluigi from this wave. I'll get him eventually but I'm in no hurry. I have a lot more self-convincing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭narmst

Finished my Amiibo display case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭narmst

Finished case photos part 2.
    Colours look pretty dull but when lit up it looks pretty nice (well to me anyway).

Used 2 IKEA tall cases. Local guy cut up the shelf rods to double the shelves.
    Used 4 sets of 4 IKEA LED strips so 16 LED strips. The painful part was hollowing out the base to hide all the electrical connections in the base so only 1 wire comes out the base.

Have 105 in total in the case. I've a few of the Kirby Amiibo to get (not really inspired to get those but prob will to have them all) and might import the Gold Mario to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

That. Is. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

narmst that looks amazing, you did a great job!

Great set up, very nice collection. You must have nearly all of them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

narmst wrote: »
    Finished case photos part 2.
    might import the Gold Mario to complete.

Don't forget the Gold megaman and the 6x Monster Hunter ones too :pac:

They look great out of the box and displayed like that. Really nice job

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Speaking of these scourgey things, I think we might see more of them tonight during the Fire Emblem Direct. Corrin for starters, both male and female. Then more for the Fire Emblem Warriors game.

sligeach wrote:
    Speaking of these scourgey things, I think we might see more of them tonight during the Fire Emblem Direct. Corrin for starters, both male and female. Then more for the Fire Emblem Warriors game.

I'm so angry corrin's amiibo wasn't even acknowledged. Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin are never coming out! :(

CliCliW wrote: »
    I'm so angry corrin's amiibo wasn't even acknowledged. Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin are never coming out! :(

They're definitely coming and we all know it'll be when the Switch version of Smash releases.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

The Legend OF Zelda: Breath of the Wild Collection amiibo are now available to pre order on Amazon. They're £12.99 each except for the Guardian which is bigger I guess and that's £16.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=B01N6QLRPU+|+B01N4NS5OM+|+B01N33MZVV+|+B01N10NNYD+|+B01MS76DKL

Advertisement