Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Kirby looks so good in his packaging it seems unthinkable to open it and allow him to be mauled by nose pickers, ar$e scratchers and groinal manipulators, if I do open it I'll just have to keep a box of cleanser on hand, to give him a clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My Kirby looks so good in his packaging it seems unthinkable to open it and allow him to be mauled by nose pickers, ar$e scratchers and groinal manipulators, if I do open it I'll just have to keep a box of cleanser on hand, to give him a clean!

It's just healthy to give the little pink fella a wipe every now and then.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's no way to talk about yourself! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

smokingman wrote: »
    It's just healthy to give the little pink fella a wipe every now and then.....

:D

Hey,
    Less of the little.
    I prefer "ample" myself.... ;)

Here's a question though.
    I have Mario there, I used him in MK8 on purchase and got the natty Mii suit, which is nice.
    I haven't used it since.
    Popped in SSB WiiU and it keeps telling me to do something with the Amiibo to use it.
    What gives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Here's a question though.
    I have Mario there, I used him in MK8 on purchase and got the natty Mii suit, which is nice.
    I haven't used it since.
    Popped in SSB WiiU and it keeps telling me to do something with the Amiibo to use it.
    What gives?

You have to go into games and more and register under the amiibo option there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Friend of mine looking for Villager and Wii Fit Trainer amiibos, not sure where to post but he's looking to swap for Marth(s).
    Attached image is the (hopefully working) OP
    If needs to be moved or deleted just lemme know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Another call for anyone looking for Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Cost price and collection in Limerick or I can post at your expense. (Mods hope you do not mind.)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Another call for anyone looking for Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Cost price and collection in Limerick or I can post at your expense. (Mods hope you do not mind.)
    Where did you see them? I could pick it up myself then

• Advertisement

Sera wrote: »
    Where did you see them? I could pick it up myself then

I have extras thanks to Amazon and me forgetting to cancel an order :/D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have extras thanks to Amazon and me forgetting to cancel an order :/D

OH God... I'm going to be in that shopping centre out near the hospital/ motorway (two different landmarks, its limerick not mad max...) tomorrow.... I don't even like those Amiibos... How much is cost? And are you anywhere near the crescent? No wait I don't need to do this... How is something so pointless so compelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 caffeine

Hello! I'm after both - are you interested in a trade or just looking to sell? I can get plenty of Marths where I am.

caffeine wrote: »
    Hello! I'm after both - are you interested in a trade or just looking to sell? I can get plenty of Marths where I am.

Hi there, sorry but I have Marth. Really only looking for Little Mac now sorry! Very happy to post if you pay reg postage? All at cost.

To confirm, you're the guy that was mentioned from Twitter earlier?

Banjo wrote: »
    OH God... I'm going to be in that shopping centre out near the hospital/ motorway (two different landmarks, its limerick not mad max...) tomorrow.... I don't even like those Amiibos... How much is cost? And are you anywhere near the crescent? No wait I don't need to do this... How is something so pointless so compelling?

Gamestop in that shooing centre had Villager for certain yesterday. Give them a call to hold it for you. They also had Marth, Zelda and Pit too.

Villager was in Gamestop in Swords yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 caffeine

Hi there, sorry but I have Marth. Really only looking for Little Mac now sorry! Very happy to post if you pay reg postage? All at cost.

Yup, that's me! Would PayPal be alright? I'm in London and @caffeinedreamer on Twitter if you'd prefer to DM.

I was posting for caffeine :) was waiting for updates on Facebook but it's easier now he's on himself

Villager was in Gamestop in Swords yesterday.

Not anymore, I succumbed to the madness and bought it, don't know why at all, not even sure what I'm going to play it with, Super Smash Bros is cool but I've got Mario for that, Kirby and Villager are just going to stay in the plastic for a while yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Have a spare Link and spare Little Mac still, PM if anyone needs them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

are the amiibos selling very poorly in Ireland ? because the marth, villager and wii fit trainer amiibos are selling
    for over 60 dollars on ebay even though they're around 17 euro each in gamestop

are the amiibos selling very poorly in Ireland ? because the marth, villager and wii fit trainer amiibos are selling
    for over 60 dollars on ebay even though they're around 17 euro each in gamestop

Gamestop got alot of those figures in later deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

eoghanie wrote: »
    Have a spare Link and spare Little Mac still, PM if anyone needs them.

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

fifth wrote: »
    How much?

GameStop price: €16.99 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I caved and brought mario and luigi, gonna buy bowser and gannondorf when they come out, hopefully not for a while yet :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

All mine are still in the boxes until I find out what else they do besides smash, mk8 and hyrule.

Man they take up a lot of space!

So the guy on adverts trying to sell Marth WFT and Villager for 35 each has reduced the price to 25 each and removed my comment and 'Metroids' comment AND blocked us from commenting. God I hope no one buys them from him, they are in stock in gamestop and Argos will get more just like yesterday.

Ugh.

Those METROID comments were mine. I despise scalpers like that and the bare face lies told in their ad description. I think adverts removed the ad. At any rate it's not up anymore. amiibo aren't blazing a trail here in Ireland unlike other countries. The RRP for amiibo is €12 but Ireland being Ireland and Gamestop being Gamestop, it's the never ending cycle of being ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Jaysus, this is gonna turn into a problem lol. I have 9 now.
    Zelda, link, Captain falcon, villager, Marth, WFT, pikachu, samus and Fox.

Still all in their boxes until I find out what they do besides just giving mii clothes in mk8, training up on smash or getting the spinner in HW.

Have pit, diddy, Luigi, yoshi and DK on reserve in Argos to collect tomorrow. Defo getting pit and one other, but can't decide just yet.

Neat to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

That's about all they do as far as I know (well, for now anyway). Only 3 are useable in whatever Kirby game is on the way (Kirby, Meta Knight and one other), I believe only Yoshi is useable in Wooly World and they haven't announced if they're adding them to Captain Toad or what they'll do in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

They have said they'll be used in Captain Toad but it really is bizarre how Nintendo go about business. The game is out and they still haven't said what they'll do in the game. All the other implementation in games is uninspired and underwhelming to say the least. Then there's the awful posts attached to some characters and botched plastic surgery facelifts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »
    They have said they'll be used in Captain Toad but it really is bizarre how Nintendo go about business. The game is out and they still haven't said what they'll do in the game. All the other implementation in games is uninspired and underwhelming to say the least. Then there's the awful posts attached to some characters and botched plastic surgery facelifts.

I don't think the game is Officially out until the 2nd. That maybe why.

Advertisement