Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭narmst

druss wrote: »
    That. Is. Awesome!
    Thanks. Yep I need a few to finish it but not too many. Only problem is they keep making them!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    The Legend OF Zelda: Breath of the Wild Collection amiibo are now available to pre order on Amazon. They're £12.99 each except for the Guardian which is bigger I guess and that's £16.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=B01N6QLRPU+|+B01N4NS5OM+|+B01N33MZVV+|+B01N10NNYD+|+B01MS76DKL

They are nice models alright.
    But I only just got the 8bit Link, so I'm not spending any more on Amiibos just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bit of a debacle from smyths when the 30th anniversary set came out they only stocked the three link figures, friend had to buy his Princess Zelda online as they were sold out in the other place by the time he went there, same thing this time around Smyths only have three of the upcoming set on their site so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I managed to find the Ocarina of Time 30th Anniversary Link last week.. I actually don't collect Amiibo that often, I think in total I have:

Lucina, Link, Ganondorf, Ocarina of Time Link and thats it? :P I should probably aim to finish a series like the Zelda collection or something. >.>;

• Registered Users Posts: 17,659 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Everyone knows I don't like the yolks and yet somehow or other I have 9 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've got:
    Link, Toon Link, Wolf Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf
    Samus, Zero Suit Samus
    8-bit Mario (Classic colour), Toad
    Yarn Yoshi
    Tom Nook
    Inkling girl

I kind of want to get all the LoZ ones, but there's a fair bit of character repetition, especially with Wind Waker Link looking like just a different pose of Toon Link... The Breath of the Wild ones look great though... *resolve dissolving*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I just picked up Wolf Link, putting me at 11
    (Smash Link, Ganondorf, Roy, Yoshi, Yarn Yoshi, Ryu, Falco, Wolf Link, the original Inkling trio). Oh and Captain Falcon is making up the postage on an Amazon order that hasn't shipped yet.

Or, if you're my wife, 3. Hi Honey! Don't look in that "empty" Disney Infinity box, I just kept it 'cause I like cardboard.

Much as I like the new ones, I'm not sure I can justify the expense.... yet! But like all the ones listed above, sooner or later their price will slip (or I'll have £20 worth of Amazon goods that need free shipping) and then.... POUNCE!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I need to get the rest of the Kirby ones, I've the ones related to Smash Bros and the one that came with Planet Robobot, but there's some more that look super, so I'll have to dig deep.
    I still don't know why I need them.... well, I do really, I just don't want to admit it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

sligeach wrote: »
    The Legend OF Zelda: Breath of the Wild Collection amiibo are now available to pre order on Amazon. They're £12.99 each except for the Guardian which is bigger I guess and that's £16.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=B01N6QLRPU+|+B01N4NS5OM+|+B01N33MZVV+|+B01N10NNYD+|+B01MS76DKL

They look nice!, but 80 quid for the 5 of them and on switch launch day, i wouldnt be able to afford them unless i cancel my pro controller order instead. hmm it may be joycon grip controller for me instead untill splatoon comes out :P

I think a charge grip and an extra set of Joycons for me, two games and the system.
    Another €50 on a 128Gb micro SD and another €50 on stuff from the eShop.
    Also, the mortgage won't get paid in March, I'll email BoI why, I'm sure they'll understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Another €50 on a 128Gb micro SD...
    I ordered one off Amazon, which was dispatched on Saturday, so, as it's handled by Asendia, I *might* have in time for Super Mario Odyssey's release...

Tracking details:
    Destination: Ireland
    Currently in our depot in: Antarctica, awaiting collection by local delivery service (polar bear with saddle bags)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,659 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sakurai's amiibo collection.
    201.jpg

There's also a couple of photos his cat there. I wonder what he's staring at?
    19-1-480x600.jpg

http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/shuno_sakurai

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought he might've had Bayonetta

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've got:
    Link, Toon Link, Wolf Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf
    Samus, Zero Suit Samus
    8-bit Mario (Classic colour), Toad
    Yarn Yoshi
    Tom Nook
    Inkling girl

I kind of want to get all the LoZ ones, but there's a fair bit of character repetition, especially with Wind Waker Link looking like just a different pose of Toon Link... The Breath of the Wild ones look great though... *resolve dissolving*

Oh I have the Wolf Link too, completely forgot about it since it's in the box still with the TP game.. >.>;

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

anyone get the box boy amiibo? I've an an post missed delivery here with a €30 duty and think I know what it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

anyone get the box boy amiibo? I've an an post missed delivery here with a €30 duty and think I know what it is :D

Where did you order that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Where did you order that from?

I presume Japan-sourced? I didn't even know about this one until your post - great, another one along with the monster hunter ones that I'll have to track down. I should probably just go to Japan again and buy them there directly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I presume Japan-sourced? I didn't even know about this one until your post - great, another one along with the monster hunter ones that I'll have to track down. I should probably just go to Japan again and buy them there directly. :pac:

Oh god I forgot about the Monster Hunter ones, I'd only want one or two of them.

Whats everyones amiibo count these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Standing at 105 of them at the moment. Missing Rosalina, Diddy and Wario from the newer wave but have everything else released over here so far. Those have dried up after Christmas and it's not looking like Smyths will ever restock those. I get the sense that they're phasing amiibo out.

Gotta be honest, my own interest has severely waned too. Still holding out to finish the Smash line but I don't display them anymore. They're in a bag under the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Wanting to finish the smash line and get Marie and Callie and the inkling boy and I'm happy. I've all the smash lineup so far, the three woolly Yoshi's, squid, inkling girl, mario maker mario, toad and wolf link.

fecking smyths and their €5 Amiib-off. Had 12, was happy at 12, popped into Smyths to grab a kiddie-sized chair and accidentally ended up with ZSS, Olimar, Pink Yarn Yoshi and Smash Peach. And 2 Tom Nooks, because if I'd picked up Sable Able they'd have found my dessicated corpse at the bottom of a ravine full of empty gatorade bottles and suspiciously soiled tissues. And none of them are on my "to get" list! God damn you, Amiibo!

Anyone know where you can get a decently priced Lucina, Zelda or Pikachu?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did you get the chair or could you not afford it then?

I *had* to get the chair so I had something to hide the amiibos behind at the checkout. Can't let the kids find out about Daddy's Toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

I got all the Jap releases from play-asia at launch. Initially 3x monster hunter and then the other 3x monster hunter and the box boy. It works out fairly pricey with the import duty so you can probably get them cheaper elsewhere.

The only other ones to import are the gold megaman and the gold mario.

Did anyone collect all the diorama's?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Are the Breath of the Wild/30th anniversary Amiibo's appearing in any bricks and mortar stores these days? Neither Smyths or Gamestops websites seem to list them.

No real impetus to get them as every in-game bonus they offer in Breath of the Wild can be acquired ordinarily. Just keeping my options open (especially since the Wind Waker Link and Zelda Amiibo's are excellent looking).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I spotted a WW Link in Gamestop near me, will probably grab it Friday if its not gone.

Cant say which are the "rare" stores across the land, Dun Laoghire GS always seemed to have lots of rarer Spec Edts and such in stock everytime I have been there. Sadly the GS website has f*** all Amiibo listed anymore, so cant check their store stock map.

Smyths got the anniversary editions in, but in very small amounts and from what I gather they have no intention of restocking. Suggests that they will get the BotW ones in, but if you see one move fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Man some of you guys have awesome collections. Total envy at looking at some of those screenshots from previous pages. I never bought any Amiibo's. I simply dont have room to display them. And If I was going to buy them, I would want to display them all. Narmst your collection is amazing looking.

However with mario kart, smash bros and now breath of the wild....I kind of want the functionality they bring.

So I er....bought some blank NTAG disks and am going to write the ones I want onto them. They wont look as pretty but they will take up a lot less space and wont cost me an arm and a leg.

Am I bad person? :o

Advertisement