Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bad? probably.
    Sensible? Definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Did anyone collect all the diorama's?
    I have Kirby and Smash. They were gifts from my brother in Japan. Didn't know there were others, to be honest. I don't go for them myself.

It still amazes me that Gold and Silver Mario weren't made available in other territories.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if any of the 30th anniversary or Breath of the Wild Zelda amiibo are available at reasonable prices somewhere? I have the former ordered with Amazon.it, but I'm not convinced they'll ever actually receive stock, while the latter occasionally come in stock on the various Amazon sites, but not for long and I can't manage to get more than one in my basket at a time for more acceptable delivery prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if any of the 30th anniversary or Breath of the Wild Zelda amiibo are available at reasonable prices somewhere? I have the former ordered with Amazon.it, but I'm not convinced they'll ever actually receive stock, while the latter occasionally come in stock on the various Amazon sites, but not for long and I can't manage to get more than one in my basket at a time for more acceptable delivery prices.

Asked in Smyths yesterday and they just mentioned that they never got a shipment of them. UK and US game-sites (GAME and Gamestop US respectively) show them in stock so we may have been shafted in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Gamestop Wexford had plenty of the new amiibo last weekend for Switch launch

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    They're not on the website, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

McLoughlin wrote: »

So Gamestop got some in...will need to check mine tomorrow, I live in such a desolate backwater there are always game stuff available here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    So Gamestop got some in...will need to check mine tomorrow, I live in such a desolate backwater there are always game stuff available here :D

I emailed game stop yesterday about the new amiibos reply was..

Hi John
    Thank you for the below email
    I can advise that we do not have any of these in stock
    If they become available we will place them on the website straight away
    If I can assist you with anything else please don't hesitate in contacting me again
    Kind Regards
    Laura | Northern Europe Customer Service Team Leader

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

Gamestop Galway did get some in but most of them seemed to be for preorders, I only saw a Moblin and a Zelda for sale. At €20 each, I passed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Ordered a few Legend of Zelda 30th anniversary figures from Amazon Italy too a few months back, while they were out of stock but still orderable, and received the two I most wanted today, 8-bit Link and Ocarina of Time Link (which I absolutely adore!). Windwaker Zelda is winging her way as well and is to call to the house on Wednesday, but the others are still in limbo. Would love to get my hands on the Breath of the Wild set, surely they'll produce more to keep up with demand given the critical and commercial success of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Ordered a few Legend of Zelda 30th anniversary figures from Amazon Italy too a few months back, while they were out of stock but still orderable, and received the two I most wanted today, 8-bit Link and Ocarina of Time Link (which I absolutely adore!). Windwaker Zelda is winging her way as well and is to call to the house on Wednesday, but the others are still in limbo. Would love to get my hands on the Breath of the Wild set, surely they'll produce more to keep up with demand given the critical and commercial success of the game?

Nintendo store NYC has Zelda, link with arrow, link on horse and bobwhatitsface. Queues form every day for a switch, so they have small stock every day. If you want to get them, I can try and help you out.

Ocarina of Time Link arrived today from Amazon.it, while the other three 30th anniversary amiibo and BotW Zelda came last week. I don't know how they managed to source them when they're sold out everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Zelda Bokoblin amiibo availble in some gamestop stores at 14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So I bought another giant Yoshi amiibo and it's bigger than the first batch of giant Yoshi's from years ago, they must be making them differently, it's not a big difference but enough to notices he's bigger and shaped better.

Here's a look at the upcoming amiibo. Just when you think you've them all collected, they pull you back in! (with 13 more of the little feckers)

122kyde.jpg
    s2d0di.jpg
    34o81kx.jpg
    15e8yu8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,659 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Except, who's going to sell them?

None of the Irish stores have sold the recent SCamiibo. And anytime I check online the new ones are limited in supply and people are being scalped if they do manage to find them.

Those of us who are resourceful will find a way to track them down. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gamestop had the Zelda Breath of the wild set for preorder they also have the fire Emblem ones as much as I hate those crooked mutha truckers, smyths had the 30th zelda ones but not the breath of the wild ones argos hasn't had any new ones since the first batch of the animal crossing ones, might jump on a bus to Belfast next week once the bus strike is over( if that happens of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Disappointed with the Majora's Mask one, thought it'd be Fierce Deity Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

sligeach wrote: »
    SCamiibo.

Ah here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gamestop had the Zelda Breath of the wild set for preorder they also have the fire Emblem ones as much as I hate those crooked mutha truckers, smyths had the 30th zelda ones but not the breath of the wild ones argos hasn't had any new ones since the first batch of the animal crossing ones, might jump on a bus to Belfast next week once the bus strike is over( if that happens of course).

Can get Ulsterbus. They're still running.

they say the old Splatoon amiibo work on Splatoon 2 but do they have the same functionality? Like I doubt you can have Callie or Marie as a friend. Though curious how a squid friend works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

None of the Irish stores have sold the recent SCamiibo. And anytime I check online the new ones are limited in supply and people are being scalped if they do manage to find them.

GameStop had all the BOTW amiibo, at least my local one did. I know people hate to pre-order, and rightly so, but its a necessary evil with some Nintendo stuff. The more pre-orders they see, the more extra stock they send. I think they see few pre-orders as a general lack of interest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

why is the SC capitalised in this stupid attempt at a play on words?

I got the new amiibos in Gamestop here in Ireland, but hey don't let facts get in the way of you myopic lies.

4 amiibos in a box, bigger stores might get 2 boxes but most will get 1 so very few figures available, I am thinking the reason two of each of those figures are being made is each is for smash bros with the corresponding one for the figures own game this year is the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII so there is a very slim chance of it being released on switch, square Enix are the video game ladies of the evening after all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

tailgunner wrote: »
    Ah here.

Sure, we're used to his opinion on Amiibo figurines.
    And, he owns a couple.
    So we don't worry about it any more, when he proclaims his disgust at their existence.
    It's not like they represent all that is wrong with gaming, like Streets of Rage or Golden Axe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

anywhere doing preorders for the new ammibo yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Star Lord wrote: »
    Disappointed with the Majora's Mask one, thought it'd be Fierce Deity Link.

im thinking thats the costume hes gonna unlock in BOTW. would haved loved to have seen a FD one, he would look awesome as an amiibo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The 3 new Zelda Amiibo's poses are all based on promo art released before each of the games.

zeldaamiibo.jpg

27103cb7489f39f1d0285660ce44cb15.jpg

zelda_twilight_princess_conceptart_hMtM1.jpg

LinkArt2_9051.jpg

kinda wish it was skull kid with Majoras Mask. Goron mask is cool too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

im thinking thats the costume hes gonna unlock in BOTW. would haved loved to have seen a FD one, he would look awesome as an amiibo
    It does, and *some people* *cough* may already have unlocked said costumes...
    Corholio wrote: »
    The 3 new Zelda Amiibo's poses are all based on promo art released before each of the games...
    LinkArt2_9051.jpg
    I have this one tattooed on my leg, along with Wind Waker Link and Link to the Past Link

Advertisement