Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,148 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Finglas in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LP64

Great. Just in case i cant find the toon zelda anything else you'd be looking for?

LP64 wrote: »
    Great. Just in case i cant find the toon zelda anything else you'd be looking for?

sorry but as I previously said I can not find the opened ocarina figure think I've thrown it out along with my wolf link so I'm gonna have to withdraw this for now, if I find it I'll let you know asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LP64

Cool let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

This might be a stupid question or answered previously on this forum but as I'm new to the world of Nintendo (the Switch is my first Nintendo console), I figured this would be the place to ask.

Is there any difference between an Amiibo card and an actual Amiibo figurine, functionality wise? Or do they do the same thing?
    Seen a deal online for about 20 cards for just over €10 and was wondering is their functionality limited compared to an actual figurine Amiibo?

Thanks in advance guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Amibo cards" are generally knock-offs, where some guy has downloaded a bunch of codes from the internet, flashed them to some blank NFC tags or cards and then printed up a sticker for the card/tag to show what Amiibo he flashed to it.

They are not official.
    They are not breathtakingly beautiful.
    But they work.

There were some official Amiibo cards - a few series of Animal Crossing cards and the new set for the 3DS Mario Sports game, but I know and you know you're looking at buying the Zelda set.

Banjo wrote: »
    "Amibo cards" are generally knock-offs, where some guy has downloaded a bunch of codes from the internet, flashed them to some blank NFC tags or cards and then printed up a sticker for the card/tag to show what Amiibo he flashed to it.

They are not official.
    They are not breathtakingly beautiful.
    But they work.

There were some official Amiibo cards - a few series of Animal Crossing cards and the new set for the 3DS Mario Sports game, but I know and you know you're looking at buying the Zelda set.

Thanks for the heads up. Didnt realise that.
    Its actually not the Zelda set though, its an assorted set, includes Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Link, Peach, Mushroom, Sonic etc. There's about 15 or so in the set. Also comes with a little wallet to hold all the cards, could pop that into a game case. Looks alot neater than buying up to 15 figurines. Cant imagine my other half would be thrilled with that.
    I do intend to buy some Amiibo figurines at some point, but not many. Probably just Mario, Luigi and Link.
    Would you recommend purchasing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got very lucky with these last week. Have to thank Banjo for the alert on here when the Rider and Archer became available on Amazon. Then later I just happened to be on Twitter when the alert from Nintendo UK that they had restocked the other Zelda ones appeared, all gone in minutes. All to AddressPal as well, even though my last order there got cancelled. Does seem quite hit and miss. Never thought I'd be getting all of them for regular cost price that's for sure. The Guardian one is a beauty as well.

IMG_20170703_111609.jpg

IMG_20170703_111711.jpg

IMG_20170703_111812.jpg

If you really wanted to thank me, you'd give me that guardian :D

You know, as impressive as that haul is - and it is very impressive - you're going to wake up in a cold sweat in a couple of days time screaming "The Bokoblin!!!" ;)

Just got my first Amiibos: the Skyward Sword Link and BOTW Archer. My first Amiibos. Collector urge is definitely growing now.

• Advertisement

Damn you all, they're nice amiibos.

If you really wanted to thank me, you'd give me that guardian :D

You know, as impressive as that haul is - and it is very impressive - you're going to wake up in a cold sweat in a couple of days time screaming "The Bokoblin!!!" ;)

I'm already doing that playing through the Trials in the DLC :pac:

Ya I never thought I'd have the rest of them and be missing the, at one time, semi-available in stores Bokoblin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Nice! Only managed to nab skyward link out of that batch. Have a backloged order for tp & mm link, hopefully wont be cancelled on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nemes1s

I got the twilight princess and skyward sword Amiibos but for a second time Nintendo have cancelled my order for the majoras mask one!theres a guy on adverts selling the set of 3 for €150 and he says he has 3 sets of them I remember him doing the same with the shulk Amiibo when it was hard to get bleeding scalpers!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

nemes1s wrote: »
    I got the twilight princess and skyward sword Amiibos but for a second time Nintendo have cancelled my order for the majoras mask one!theres a guy on adverts selling the set of 3 for €150 and he says he has 3 sets of them I remember him doing the same with the shulk Amiibo when it was hard to get bleeding scalpers!

I got them in Germany where there were plenty, considering I imported them I a) took nothing from the Irish/UK market and b) imported mean I am charging for additional cost I had such as checked in baggage that wasn't required before.

Considering you can import them from the likes of Japan and UK you would probably pay the same or more:

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-the-legend-of-zelda-series-figure-link-twilight-princess/13/70b3td (40 EUR + Shipping)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Majoras-Mask-Link-Amiibo-Collection/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1499374960&sr=1-2&keywords=zelda+amiibo (40 GBP + shipping)

I don't see how importing for resale is scalping.

Nah I don't buy that your a scalper! if not prove me wrong by selling on those Amiibo to people that didn't get a chance to get there hands on them for a reasonable price.At the price your selling them for you could afford to go on weekly trips to Germany! Anyhow they will eventually come back into stock for there normal retail value they nearly always do.

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    I got them in Germany where there were plenty, considering I imported them I a) took nothing from the Irish/UK market and b) imported mean I am charging for additional cost I had such as checked in baggage that wasn't required before.

Considering you can import them from the likes of Japan and UK you would probably pay the same or more:

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-the-legend-of-zelda-series-figure-link-twilight-princess/13/70b3td (40 EUR + Shipping)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Majoras-Mask-Link-Amiibo-Collection/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1499374960&sr=1-2&keywords=zelda+amiibo (40 GBP + shipping)

I don't see how importing for resale is scalping.

Considering you've tried to resell amiibo's before for vastly inflated prices, of course it's scalping. The Shulk rariety period were heady times.

Corholio wrote: »
    Considering you've tried to resell amiibo's before for vastly inflated prices, of course it's scalping. The Shulk rariety period were heady times.

If importing = scalping then yes. But then it seems the likes of Amazon and Co are also scalping. Shulk amiibo was the same deal, bought loads in Germany where there is always plenty of stock compared to here. I fly to football matches and buy this stuff for resale don't think I'm cheating anyone in Ireland as I've never even gotten any amiibo here because no shop gets stock of the rare ones.

Anyway, you're welcome to ignore my listings. Jus to make it clear that none of my amiibo have been taken from the market here. And you're also welcome to board a plane, fly over and sell them at face value if you want.

If importing = scalping then yes. But then it seems the likes of Amazon and Co are also scalping. Shulk amiibo was the same deal, bought loads in Germany where there is always plenty of stock compared to here. I fly to football matches and buy this stuff for resale don't think I'm cheating anyone in Ireland as I've never even gotten any amiibo here because no shop gets stock of the rare ones.

Anyway, you're welcome to ignore my listings. Jus to make it clear that none of my amiibo have been taken from the market here. And you're also welcome to board a plane, fly over and sell them at face value if you want.

You're not 'cheating' people you're selling for a profit, a substantial one at that. Are you really counting the cost of something that you are already going to do anyway? Oh I did ignore your listings, you're the one who posted on here defending it.

Importing for resale isn't scalping is like saying water isn't wet, unfortunately people want these so it's a profitable side but as I said a few pages back, I'm the dog the big bad dog, now where'd I put my taser.

• Advertisement

hey I get that people are annoyed, I'm a collector myself. It's not like I'm the guy that went to smyhts and bought 30 rosalina for sale.
    I chose Football matches on weekends where major releases like this are - Nes Mini, Amiibo, Google Home, Google Pixel and so on, buy this stuff and sell it. It's how importing work. It's not my fault Ireland barely gets any stock in and Germany any random Saturn or mediamarks has a ton of them.

Either way, just wanted to let people here know I'm not the reason you can't get the Amiibo you want in Ireland. As mentioned above, the only amiibo I've ever bought and got here was a used Wolf link at CEX. Have no reason to lie about that so blame Gamestop, Nintendo UK or whoever is screwing up the stock. #lastpost

hey I get that people are annoyed, I'm a collector myself. It's not like I'm the guy that went to smyhts and bought 30 rosalina for sale.
    I chose Football matches on weekends where major releases like this are - Nes Mini, Amiibo, Google Home, Google Pixel and so on, buy this stuff and sell it. It's how importing work. It's not my fault Ireland barely gets any stock in and Germany any random Saturn or mediamarks has a ton of them.

Either way, just wanted to let people here know I'm not the reason you can't get the Amiibo you want in Ireland. As mentioned above, the only amiibo I've ever bought and got here was a used Wolf link at CEX. Have no reason to lie about that so blame Gamestop, Nintendo UK or whoever is screwing up the stock. #lastpost

That's all fine. But your "I had to check my bag in!" Line is bull****. Unless you checked in hundreds of tiny bags, each just big enough to hold a single amiibo, in which case you are the Cú Chulainn of amiibo importing and I pledge my sword to you.

Full disclosure, it's not a sword, it's a half eaten pepperami. Ok fine it's not a pepperami, one time on holidays I lied and told my mam that I put on sunscreen and I hadn't and I fell asleep on the sun lounger and i had a dream about my mams friend Kathleen and now it hurts so much every day especially when I make water but it was totally worth it. Anyway, it's yours now.

For the record, boardsies, he is not a scalper, he has clearly demonstrated that. The correct term is "profiteer"

#iburnedmydickoffandnowovercompensatebyseekingsomeformofsocialjusticeofgamesfocussedforumswhilealsocorrectingcrimesagainsttheenglishlanguageeventhoughipreferspanishifimhonedtandwhileimbeinghonestimnotsureivefullygraspedhowthishashtagthingworksbutyoyknowitsimportanttotrynewthingsandputyourselfoutthereyouknowbecauselifeisntgoingtocomeknockingonyourdooryoureallyhavetogetoutthereandgrabitbythelapelsandshakeitandsayiamahumanbeingandalsoamiibocantpossiblyrequirethatkingofmarkupifyourecheckingtheminunlessyourusingthemtooffsettherunningcostsofyourdiscountcokeempiresoanywayhowisyoursisterihearthewefdingwasahootiwishicouldhavebeentherebutyouknowitwasawkwardwhatwithmyinjuryandthefactthatshewasmarryingmybedtfriendeventhoughigaveherethebedtthreeyearsofmylifesoanywayimustdashbutifyoureeverindenveragainlookmeupmkaybyeloveyouloveyounoyouhangup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^I can't believe I read the entirety of that hashtag. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have too much time on my hands....
    #i burned my dick off and now over compensate by seeking some form of social-justice of games focussed forums while also correcting crimes against the english language even though i prefer spanish if i'm honedst and while i'm being honest i'm not sure i've fully grasped how this hash-tag thing works but yoyu know it's important to try new things and put yourself out-there you know because life isn't going to come knocking on your door you really have to get out there and grab it by the lapels and shake it and say i am a human being and also amiibo can't possibly require that kingd of mark-up if you're checking them in unless your using them to off-set the running costs of your discount coke empire so anyway how is your sister i hear the wefdding was a hoot i wish i could have been there but you know it was awkward what with my injury and the fact that she was marrying my bedstfriend even though i gave her e the bedst three years of my life so anyway i must dash but if your'e ever in denver again look me up m'kay bye love you love you no you hangup

How did that guy even find that post anyway?was it an inside job?is one of you guys the REAL SCALPER???????

Im putting up cctv on this thread il find you eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,663 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Champions 4 pack of amiibo from BOTW will be available to buy in Europe.
    PS_Amiibo_TheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild_UrbosaRevaliMiphaDaruk_image510h.jpg

http://www.nintendo.de/amiibo-/Details/Urbosa-1239434.html

It had previously just been announced for Japan I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Hi all, has anyone got a tip for where to pre-order the 6x new smash amiibo? I'm still holding out for Amazon UK and Nintendo UK but it doesn't look too promising at this stage. I saw two of the new smash series come up a few weeks ago on Amazon UK but I held out for all 6 to get free delivery. In the end the other four never came up for pre-order and the other two sold out.

I got the 1x pikmin, 5x Mario Odyssey and 2x Metroid from Amazon Germany but missed out on the smash line there.

Looks like smyths and argos in Ireland are finished with amiibo but perhaps gamestop will take the preorder for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^when did the Mario Odyssey and Metroid amiibos appear on Amazon.de? Thanks for the heads up there. :( GameStop were taking online preorders for the smash gang. But for those looking for the latest 3 Links, they're on Amazon.it for €19.99 each - edit: they're "actually not available" but they are orderable, so if you order now, they'll be sent out when more stock comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

^when did the Mario Odyssey and Metroid amiibos appear on Amazon.de? Thanks for the heads up there. :( GameStop were taking online preorders for the smash gang. But for those looking for the latest 3 Links, they're on Amazon.it for €19.99 each - edit: they're "actually not available" but they are orderable, so if you order now, they'll be sent out when more stock comes in.

Mario Odyssey and Metroid were up a few days ago. I read it on www.nintendolife.com one evening. That site is pretty good at flagging when they go up for pre-order.

Advertisement