Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nemes1s

^when did the Mario Odyssey and Metroid amiibos appear on Amazon.de? Thanks for the heads up there. :( GameStop were taking online preorders for the smash gang. But for those looking for the latest 3 Links, they're on Amazon.it for €19.99 each - edit: they're "actually not available" but they are orderable, so if you order now, they'll be sent out when more stock comes in.

I wonder does that mean that the Nintendo uk store will also get more?any idea?

Did anyone get a chance to preorder the metroid Amiibo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

nemes1s wrote: »
    I wonder does that mean that the Nintendo uk store will also get more?any idea?
    Did anyone get a chance to preorder the metroid Amiibo?

I missed a chance to get them on Amazon.de. :( Not sure about the Ninty UK store, I never order from there because it seems to be a lot of hassle and needing to use parcel motel etc without any guarantees of them allowing the order to complete itself. I can see 4 of the 5 Odyssey amiibos available from Amazon.de, but Peach is strangely missing. If anyone sees her or the Metroid ones available anywhere, please alert us boardsies here in this thread or the bargain alerts (I know they're not bargains, but RRP amiibos are bargains to me! :)). Same goes when Zelda's Champions appear. ;)

Metroid ones are up on game.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LP64

Finally got my breath of the wild collection and the 3 new links. Only missing the oot 30th. Robbing bandit are you be interested for a zelda scholar?

Torn between opeñing them and keeping them mint in box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,148 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sorry spare one I opened is lost so I'm keeping my sealed one for ever and ever and ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LP64

Sorry spare one I opened is lost so I'm keeping my sealed one for ever and ever and ever.

Keep me in mind if you ever mount a search and rescue mission and find it. Also i have a spare link archer to trade if someone has a Link Ocarina 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JosephPatrick

GameStop emailed me to cancel my order for the Cloud and Bayonetta amiibo I pre-ordered the day they put them on the website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Have you contacted them to find out why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 JosephPatrick

Have you contacted them to find out why?

Just got a reply there with another generic "One or more of the items is out of stock". I asked if I could keep the preorder and just wait if they were expecting more stock and they said no.

Bit irritating really, really wanted them both and don't want to have to pay over the odds or wait for them to come into stock on Amazon/Nintendo for 30 seconds and get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Recieved both corrin amiibos just now but no update on any of the other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

My Bayonetta and Corrin amiibos just arrived today from Gamestop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Have the zelda champions amiibo gone up for order anywhere yet? Were they given a date

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have the zelda champions amiibo gone up for order anywhere yet? Were they given a date

Don't think they have anywhere as of yet, also don't think a date was given either, only something like Winter 2017.

I put an order for all 6 new smash bros amiibos from GameStop, plus the new pikmin, last month. The order hasn't shipped, just says confirmed the whole time. But some of you have already received some of them? kinda worried my order isn't going to come through now... :(

Edit: just seeing my past online orders and not all of them say shipped actually, just "confirmed", even though I received them and hence were definitely shipped. I missed a delivery this morning but from Nightline, and they're redelivering it tomorrow, I had assumed it was my separate order of Call of Duty Legacy Pro edition for PS4 (sorta different from Nintendo's amiibos haha, at a heavily discounted price), but maybe it is the amiibos after all. I'll update you tomorrow on developments, be sure to stay tuned. :pac:

Just got all 6 smash Amiibos from Gamestop I preordered on site and collected in store.The cloud ones are fair nice I must say

I ordered the 6 Smash amiibo and the Pikmin one together. Something tells me I won't get them till the Pikmin amiibo is out next week.

I ordered the 6 Smash amiibo and the Pikmin one together. Something tells me I won't get them till the Pikmin amiibo is out next week.

Oh is pikmin not out til next week? I saw the date as the 28th first, but then it seemed to change to today the 21st, this was on the GameStop site though.

Gamestop just cancelled my order now too :(

• Advertisement

Just got cancelled to,First time gamestop has let me down on pre orders since they started amiibos.

johnf26 wrote: »
    Just got cancelled to,First time gamestop has let me down on pre orders since they started amiibos.

Rang my local Gamestop. They have pre-ordered ones only in store which is funny cause they always told me to keep checking the site for the smash ones. :(

Anyone any ideas on how to get them now?

Rang my local Gamestop. They have pre-ordered ones only in store which is funny cause they always told me to keep checking the site for the smash ones. :(

Anyone any ideas on how to get them now?

Rang my two closest stores to was told the same,seems mostly online orders were the cancelled ones.
    its messed up as i had ordered them all when they showed up online the next day later my partner ordered the two corrin ones she got hers yesterday while mine gets cancelled there system is messed up its like a lottery.

Hi John

Thank you for your reply

I have found your order at Gamestop.ie and can see your order was cancelled and refunded

Unfortunately we where let down by our suppler and didn't receive the correct amount of stock we where due which is out of our control and because of this we could not fulfill your order as well as other customers who had pre-order these products

Once again on behave of GameStop our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you

If you wish to close your Gamestop Loyalty account number and I will have this close for you

I will await your response

Kind Regards
    Stephen | E-Commerce Customer Relations Officer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

johnf26 wrote: »
    Hi John

Thank you for your reply

I have found your order at Gamestop.ie and can see your order was cancelled and refunded

Unfortunately we where let down by our suppler and didn't receive the correct amount of stock we where due which is out of our control and because of this we could not fulfill your order as well as other customers who had pre-order these products

Once again on behave of GameStop our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you

If you wish to close your Gamestop Loyalty account number and I will have this close for you

I will await your response

Kind Regards
    Stephen | E-Commerce Customer Relations Officer

Firstly, shocking grammar. Secondly, I feel sorry for anyone now with interest in amiibo. I think they're slowly dying off. Smyths and Argos don't care. Gamestop are hit and miss, as evidenced by you and others. They don't get all of them and they've limited stock of those they do get.

It seems like Amazon and Nintendo UK's online store are the best bet for them. But there's such limited supply, it's gone back to the scalping scenario at the start. It must be a right pain. You can't just buy them easily and there's d1ckh€@ds jacking the prices up.

sligeach wrote: »
    Firstly, shocking grammar. Secondly, I feel sorry for anyone now with interest in amiibo. I think they're slowly dying off. Smyths and Argos don't care. Gamestop are hit and miss, as evidenced by you and others. They don't get all of them and they've limited stock of those they do get.

It seems like Amazon and Nintendo UK's online store are the best bet for them. But there's such limited supply, it's gone back to the scalping scenario at the start. It must be a right pain. You can't just buy them easily and there's d1ckh€@ds jacking the prices up.

Sitting here now with the misses talking about it,dont no if i want to stay collection i was only really missing 2 zelda ones and boo(boo is easily got)but now with this whole order gone its making me think twice how future orders will go and is it really worth the stress of trying to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Was very pleasantly surprised this afternoon to find GameStop had my Cloud and Bayonetta amiibo in. Assumed they'd all been cancelled based on this thread. pre-ordered online for in store pickup.

My order was cancelled too. :(:( I was trying to pre-order all 6 online the day they were available, but it wouldn't let me click&collect them together for some reason, so i opted for them to be delivered home, gutted now to think that if I had pre-ordered them one by one for collection I might have had a better chance of obtaining them. Don't know where I'll get them now at a reasonable price. :(

My order was cancelled too. :(:( I was trying to pre-order all 6 online the day they were available, but it wouldn't let me click&collect them together for some reason, so i opted for them to be delivered home, gutted now to think that if I had pre-ordered them one by one for collection I might have had a better chance of obtaining them. Don't know where I'll get them now at a reasonable price. :(

That's what I had to do order them for collection one by one.

• Advertisement

That's what I had to do order them for collection one by one.

I wish I did it, I realised that that seemed the only way to do it and that you couldn't group them together to collect, but I got impatient and just decided to order them for home delivery. Dammit! :rolleyes: But in other news, I chanced my arm to see if my local GameStop store had them in stock (they hadn't, only pre-orders placed for collection), and the person in front of me was buying a Switch! A neon blue and red version. I was jealous. :pac:

Advertisement