Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't think the game is Officially out until the 2nd. That maybe why.

No, sadly that's not it. Besides it was out in other regions over a month ago and they're still waiting for amiibo support. It's all a bit slapdash really. It's just a quick revnue generator but no real thought has been put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The amiibo's are doing some monstrous numbers in the US. Outselling Skylanders and on a par with Disney Infinity at Best Buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Jaysus, this is gonna turn into a problem lol. I have 9 now.
    Zelda, link, Captain falcon, villager, Marth, WFT, pikachu, samus and Fox.

Still all in their boxes until I find out what they do besides just giving mii clothes in mk8, training up on smash or getting the spinner in HW.

Have pit, diddy, Luigi, yoshi and DK on reserve in Argos to collect tomorrow. Defo getting pit and one other, but can't decide just yet.

Neat to have.

I'm getting nice and powerful weapons from all my amiibos daily in Hyrule warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭narmst

eoghanie wrote: »
    Have a spare Link and spare Little Mac still, PM if anyone needs them.

Is little Mac still available? I've managed to source the rest of them from here and there .. argos still have both villager and WFT if you search different stores .. I'm trying to avoid getting Little Mac on ebay ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Massive delivery for Amazon.de left for me at home home today. I wonder what's in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

From my point of view there MUST be some serious scalping going on.
    I didn't want the wii fit trainer, villager or marth until I heard they were discontinued.

But also I've found it very difficult to get them around the christmas time for myself due to other priorities.
    I have most of the ones I want (except kirby and LITTLE MAC) If anyone happens to get a spare little mac that they'd sell at the reasonable amiibo price I'll buy it.

Punchout is legit my favourite ever game so it's sort of a must for me.

Though I've taken my 6 out of the box, because I wanna use them and some of them are REALLY nice (bit disappointed with the Link one, but Peach and Pikachu are class).

Anyways, Little Mac, let me know. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I have a spare Marth if anyone wants it, at Argos price plus small postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

He seems to be a few slices short of a loaf.

What an arse backwards thought process. 'I hate this, therefore I must acquire them all'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Id take that story with a pinch of salt tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So is everyone training their Amiibo(s) in Smash Bros? I was reading a couple of posts on Reddit about how to influence the behaviour of your Amiibo so it can be a better partner / opponent, and realised that as a terrible Smash player I'm probably a terrible influence on this poor little plastic lump. Especially with Yoshi, who I partially chose because I hate playing as Yoshi so I thought having an Amiibo do it for me would be useful. Now it turns out I need to be a Yoshi blackbelt if I want my Amiibo to play well. Anyone fairing any better?

While I'm here, I noticed that in Mariokart you only scan your Amiibo once to unlock the Mii outfit and it stays unlocked through restarts and reboots and powercycles. Is there some sort of underground network of Amiibo owners going around unlocking peoples' Mii outfits? Damned if I'm paying €28 for the Peach and Kirby outfits :)

Bowsers beung launched on the 22nd still no word of a upcoming release for gannondorf in either of the 2 new waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

There is a new Nintendo Direct tomorrow, Maybe we will get a word on the Captain Toad amiibo support along with more costumes for MK8?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Bowsers beung launched on the 22nd still no word of a upcoming release for gannondorf in either of the 2 new waves.

Bowsers Beung? lol. I have him on pre-order for ages on Amazon, not long to wait.

There is a Gannondorf Amiibo? Where? When?

Bowsers Beung? lol. I have him on pre-order for ages on Amazon, not long to wait.

There is a Gannondorf Amiibo? Where? When?

Being. I type fast on my phone i never really look at the spelling mistakes. As to gannondorfs amiibo i presume they are gonna have an amiibo of him, but i cant seem to find anything about him or a release date

Being. I type fast on my phone i never really look at the spelling mistakes. As to gannondorfs amiibo i presume they are gonna have an amiibo of him, but i cant seem to find anything about him or a release date

Ah I was only joking, I knew what cha mean't :)

All the Amiibo available or for pre-order that have been announced are up on Amazon, I watch the Amiibo list like a hawk and haven't seen or heard of a Gannondorf Amiibo, yet.

I'm sure in the next, next wave he'll be there, along with Toad,Toon Tetra, Splatoon characters etc. Maybe tomorrow they'll announce more.

I'm sure in the next, next wave he'll be there, along with Toad,Toon Tetra, Splatoon characters etc. Maybe tomorrow they'll announce more.

Smash characters only ATM I'm afraid

"ATM" is not the stuff of Nintendo Directs. They are blue skies and the black void beyond. Epona Amiibo or bust!

Banjo wrote: »
    "ATM" is not the stuff of Nintendo Directs. They are blue skies and the black void beyond. Epona Amiibo or bust!

amiibo of every smash trophy maybe?

Also Ike and Bowser went through a bit of a change, Derp Ike

AmiiboWave3AmiiboDifferences-700x329.png

• Advertisement

I don't like the way it looks like Ike caught you looking at him.... creepy....

Im still buying Ike even if he is giving off a creepy Ike Turner look.

I think Messi has that first cloak colour trademarked for his Balon D'or suit

Seeing as they are releasing MM soon I want an Ocarina style Link Amiibo.

Some amiibo updates
    1 Amazon lists Wave 3 the 17th now
    2 April 24th Robin, Lucina, Wario, Charizard, Ness and Pac-man come out
    3 6 standard Mario amiibo announced for March 20th
    4 Toad amiibo works with Captain Toad to unlock a new Hide and Seek mode where you find an 8-bit toad or something like that
    B7URTCjIQAAon2A.jpg
    B7URkLrIAAIym8b.jpg

Wait... why is that Robin a dude? I hope there's an interchangeable hair piece arrangement and a memory-foam torso that you can mold into something more busty for those of us who prefer their avatars less ovarially challenged.

Super Mario Amiibos? Before the Ganondorf Amiibo? What monstrous cash grabbery is this?

Banjo wrote: »
    Wait... why is that Robin a dude? I hope there's an interchangeable hair piece arrangement and a memory-foam torso that you can mold into something more busty for those of us who prefer their avatars less ovarially challenged.

Super Mario Amiibos? Before the Ganondorf Amiibo? What monstrous cash grabbery is this?

I think they might do some alt amiibo for characters like Robin, Wii Fit and Bowser Jr after the main ones are out.

Hi we cancelled some amiibo but here is another Mario

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got Link as a recent birthday gift, and I don't know what to do with him, I have 4 Amiibos now and only one, Mario, is out of the packaging, I just haven't played enough Super Smash Bros to make it worth opening the rest!

I will definitely be picking up Toad though, Treasure Tracker is a lot of fun and, though I don't know how long it's going to last, I'm metering it out in small play sessions to make it last longer, I am looking forward to some extras with the update in March.

So, where can we pre-order Ness, Pac-Man, Wario and Toad?

• Advertisement

So, where can we pre-order Ness, Pac-Man, Wario and Toad?

No where just yet

Advertisement