Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Well gamestop took the loot, but nothing about a dispatch and no email back should i be hopeful?

Checked my account and I'm in the same situation now. I wasn't expecting them to come through, but surely they wouldn't charge us at this point if they didn't have the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

My own from gamestop arrived today...they actually look awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Wow, after all my orders got messed up last month, I was amazed to find the champions amiibo waiting for me in my local store this morning, along with goomba and koopa troopa that were supposed to be in for me a month ago. Got the wedding amiibos a week late so in the end the only ones I preordered that didn’t come were the two fire emblem ones, which I’ve since ordered from amazon now. Dodgy online support but my local store assistant is a gent and was very helpful to source the late arrivals too, so GameStop are back in my good books, for now, with a caution. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Checked my account and I'm in the same situation now. I wasn't expecting them to come through, but surely they wouldn't charge us at this point if they didn't have the stock.

Wish we werent in limbo, could be reserving somewhere else if they dont come through like

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I got a set in Argos today and ordered a second set into a store just incase there was an issue so I've got a spare reservation if anyone in Dublin is looking. No word from Gamestop so I imagine they wont be coming in. And got a set on Amazon coming next week too just incase Gamestop messed up and wasnt aware Argos would have any so if anyone needs them let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm going to apply the Petrol Money amnesty and allow for parking!

Picked mine up from GS earlier. They called me this morning (albeit 2 days late, but it just do happens to have suited me perfectly) to confirm they'd hold them for 48 hours.

They're gorgeous n all but the in game bonuses are kind of poxy...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

GameStop charged my credit card (Zelda champions)on Thursday and I have heard nothing from them, no reply to an email I sent on Friday trying to cancel as I got it from Argos. Anyone else got theirs?

I'm in the same boat, Mthor5. I emailed on Saturday to cancel. It's ridiculous that there isn't simply a button to cancel an order, that they haven't responded yet, and that they haven't even emailed me to explain the delay in dispatch.

Room for another in that boat? :)

Yeah i sent another email today trying to cancel even though they charged me. Daft that they still haven't replied to the mail from last week tho.

• Advertisement

I actually received two sets from them, surprisingly, so I’m going to return one. I preordered the day they were first available, along with the others from last month, but after all of last month’s ones didn’t come into the store on the day of release, I assumed the champions would be a hopeless cause too. I saw someone post here that they were available to order again on the site last Thursday so I preordered for home delivery. The next day my first order was actually ready for me in store, and Thursdays order arrived in the post this morning.

TL/DR now I have received one set too many of them from Gamsstop, ironically.

Their online support was good for me in the past, with a functioning live chat that I used a few months ago, and emails that would get responded to in a timely manner, but my experience over the last month with them has been the pits.

I emailed yesterday and got a response today saying they will redund me the full amount. They best part is they also charged me for ones I cancelled too. So keeping an eye on my bank statements

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LP64

Ireceived my LOT BOTW Champions pack yesterday. They are class. I don't know if i'll take them out of the box

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do I need these? I'm getting a switch and Zelda for Christmas.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do I need these? I'm getting a switch and Zelda for Christmas.

Look down.

Are you holding a box full of Champion amiibo? If yes, then yes, you do.

If no, GET OUT! ABOMINATION!

(the nature of the amiibo is that no one needs them. Except when they do. If you can ask before you purchase, I think you know which side you fall on)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Banjo wrote: »
    Look down.

(the nature of the amiibo is that no one needs them. Except when they do. If you can ask before you purchase, I think you know which side you fall on)

I know they unlock in game stuff and are cool figures but what do they unlock in-game?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I know they unlock in game stuff and are cool figures but what do they unlock in-game?

Armor based on the Divine Beasts. Not sure if they do anything else.

I finally received a response from GameStop this morning which confirmed my cancellation; I'll be refunded over the next few days. I'm not sure if I'll order with them again since it was a mixed experience, but at least there weren't any problems once they responded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Look down.

Basically, if you have bought them or have them ordered, then you have to have them.
    If you have yet to buy any, you don't need them, no.

I finally received a response from GameStop this morning which confirmed my cancellation; I'll be refunded over the next few days. I'm not sure if I'll order with them again since it was a mixed experience, but at least there weren't any problems once they responded.

Just out of curiosity, which email did you use to contact them? Im still waiting on a reply from them sine last Thursday

• Advertisement

Look down.

The only abomination will be you when I git you.

Just out of curiosity, which email did you use to contact them? Im still waiting on a reply from them sine last Thursday

I used hello@gamestop.ie and forwarded my order confirmation email.

The only abomination will be you when I git you.

That sounds like a line from Midnight Express, you old romantic you...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Some Zelda amiibo back up on https://nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/view-all.list

Picked up majora's link, wind waker Zelda, 8 bit link and link rider (this one seems to be sold out).

The Detective Pikachu amiibo is up for pre-order on GameStop for those interested, for release on 23/03/2018.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/68022

Detective-Pikachu-3DS-625x352.jpg

Is that price not lower than expected?

Is that price not lower than expected?

For GameStop? Yeah. Anywhere else though, not so much.

For GameStop? Yeah. Anywhere else though, not so much.

It's $29.99 in the US since it's larger than typical amiibo, so I thought the price here would be the same in euro.

edit: ShopTo have it for £30 with a RRP of £35.

One of the Japanese Monster Hunter Stories amiibo on sale on Play Asia :
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/one-eyed-rathalos-rider-male-monster-hunter-stories-amiibo-876-playasia-2881324

Works out just under €11 with shipping.

• Advertisement

Villager amiibo dirt cheap in argos €4.99

http://checkargos.com/product/3092541

Advertisement