Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Forgot there was a thread for amiibo.

Dark Souls 'Solaire of Astoria' up for preorder pn Game.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/dark-souls-solaire-of-astora-amiibo-2330660

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Corholio wrote: »
    Forgot there was a thread for amiibo.

Dark Souls 'Solaire of Astoria' up for preorder pn Game.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/dark-souls-solaire-of-astora-amiibo-2330660

Bit steep isn't it? It was $13.99 on Amazon.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Bit steep isn't it? It was $13.99 on Amazon.com

Ya, it's Game so I'm sure if it's decently available on other sites it will be cheaper.

Corholio wrote: »
    Ya, it's Game so I'm sure if it's decently available on other sites it will be cheaper.

I stuck in an order anyway as I really want it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

I stuck in an order anyway as I really want it :pac:

It's on gamestop.ie now for 20.

• Advertisement

It's on gamestop.ie now for 20.

Solaire Amiibo available on Amazon again for £13.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Solaire Amiibo available on Amazon again for £13.

Was gone after like 10min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos has Detective Pikachu amiibo for €19.99 mostly order in dublin

http://checkargos.com/product/8069445

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Argos has Detective Pikachu amiibo for €19.99 mostly order in dublin

http://checkargos.com/product/8069445

It’s a good price for it. Received mine in the post this morning from GameStop, in a massive box and well-packaged. Pikachu is Huge! Dwarfs other amiibos, and dare I say it, looks a bit intimidating, even scary...

Ordered one from ilac am hoping to get the game down the line but the amiibos really seem to be a once off now if you miss out you pay a bomb on adverts or amazon. Ryan Reynolds does the voice in the movie not sure on the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

sony , microsoft , disney and Activision have nfc figures similar to amiibos

disney nfc figures are called disney infinity

Activision nfc figures are called Skylanders

sony and microsoft nfc figures are called TOTAKU

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's well known that Nintendo didn't invent the idea but the quality of the models themselves and their implementation is what separates them from the others, also Amiibo are integrated into many games whereas the ones you mention are locked into certain franchises, many of which have ceased or become far less popular.
    Disney Infinity is finished and I don't know anyone buying Skylanders anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I thought Totaku didn't have any nfc? They're just statuettes like the Rabbids pseudomiibo

argos sell every amiibo, GameStop.ie online ie still sells champions botw

gamestop and google says totaku have nfc

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Smertrius wrote: »
    argos sell every amiibo, GameStop.ie online ie still sells champions botw

They sell every amiibo.....there's no even half of what's been released on there site anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

gamestop and google says totaku have nfc

Where? They don't have NFC functions.

johnf26 wrote: »
    They sell every amiibo.....there's no even half of what's been released on there site anymore

Yeah, because they sold them all!
    QED!

Argos never stocked the green based zelda set, Toon link toon zelda 8 bit link etc, didn't stock the fire emblem echo ones neither don't think they did the second batch of the mario party ones. Didn't do the second batch of Animal Crossing ones. And defo didn't have Cloud Corrin or Bayonetta. Didn't have the metroid one too.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8153069/Trail/searchtext%3EAMIIBO.htm

argos still stock

The Champions amiibo set (Legend of Zelda BOTW Collection) 815/3069

amiibo Smash Figure - Zero Suit Samus 448/3946

Great New Price
    €6.99 See the Additional Information panel for the pricing footnote.

in Liffey Valley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's well known that Nintendo didn't invent the idea but the quality of the models themselves and their implementation is what separates them from the others, also Amiibo are integrated into many games whereas the ones you mention are locked into certain franchises, many of which have ceased or become far less popular.
    Disney Infinity is finished and I don't know anyone buying Skylanders anymore.

Nintendo has the worst functions though with these, least with the other games you put them in the base you play as the character or unlock a level pack... I put Sonic on the Wii U and get a blue Yoshi THAT DOESN'T SAVE? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Nintendo has the worst functions though with these, least with the other games you put them in the base you play as the character or unlock a level pack... I put Sonic on the Wii U and get a blue Yoshi THAT DOESN'T SAVE? :rolleyes:

But a Skylander figure has no intrinsic value outside of owners of one franchise.
    A franchise that is soon to be no more.

Disney Infinity figures at least have value, as the characters are often cultural touchstones, but that franchise is actually dead.

Sure, I wish that the Amiibo I own did more than unlock a new wool colour for Yoshi or act as a key for content I'm unlikely to bother with, truth is I buy them because they look great.
    Most of mine are unboxed, but I still look with affection at my Wooly World collection, as well as my boxed Metroid.

Amiibo isn't strictly toys to life. Amiibo is the de-virtualisation and democratisation of DLC. I buy a Smash Link, I get Epona. And so does everyone I know with a Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...I put Sonic on the Wii U and get a blue Yoshi THAT DOESN'T SAVE? :rolleyes:

What are you using an amiibo with that it doesn't save? If it's Yoshi's Wooly World you're talking about, they do save, as evidenced by going into the Amiibo flagged hut, and choosing any amiibo design that's already been unlocked.

But a Skylander figure has no intrinsic value outside of owners of one franchise.
    A franchise that is soon to be no more.

Disney Infinity figures at least have value, as the characters are often cultural touchstones, but that franchise is actually dead.

Sure, I wish that the Amiibo I own did more than unlock a new wool colour for Yoshi or act as a key for content I'm unlikely to bother with, truth is I buy them because they look great.
    Most of mine are unboxed, but I still look with affection at my Wooly World collection, as well as my boxed Metroid.

i have Skylanders donkey kong on its base it hAS AMIIBO OR Skylanders just pick amiibo function and now donkey kong Skylanders has same nfc as donkey kong amiibo and same goes for diddy kong and bowser Skylanders and other nintendo Skylanders nfc characters

and for wooly world all amiibos give you yoshi skins patterns in amiibo house and coop nfc tag team companion to help you beat the game

Well, thanks for clearing nothing up and best of luck with punctuation and grammar in the future.

Well, thanks for clearing nothing up and best of luck with punctuation and grammar in the future.

I can't help my grammar i have learning mental disability.

all amiibos work function in skyrim and botw

amazon amiibos price are ok and ARE free delivery when you have parcel motel account with amazon account

I can't help my grammar i have learning mental disability.

You put the apostrophe in "can't". Yes you can! #believe

Anyway, the thing with Skyrim, most of BotW and the *Warriors games amiibo interactions is that they don't really give you anything of consequence. (BotW has execpetions that can grant you exclusive gear but it's mostly random chests). It's far better to have limited amiibo interaction but have them do something cool.

In that regard I feel they're poor examples of what amiibo can do. The smash series unlocking Mario kart Mii costumes, while allowing bot training in Smash, and then having individual features in their own franchises (Zelda, fire emblem, Bayonetta etc) sit better with me in that regard.

I don't get your Amazon point though, you can free delivery to parcel motel for UK orders over a tenner but then you have to pay for parce motel, surely - and if so where's the saving?

Banjo wrote: »
    You put the apostrophe in "can't". Yes you can! #believe

Anyway, the thing with Skyrim, most of BotW and the *Warriors games amiibo interactions is that they don't really give you anything of consequence. (BotW has execpetions that can grant you exclusive gear but it's mostly random chests). It's far better to have limited amiibo interaction but have them do something cool.

In that regard I feel they're poor examples of what amiibo can do. The smash series unlocking Mario kart Mii costumes, while allowing bot training in Smash, and then having individual features in their own franchises (Zelda, fire emblem, Bayonetta etc) sit better with me in that regard.

I don't get your Amazon point though, you can free delivery to parcel motel for UK orders over a tenner but then you have to pay for parcel motel, surely - and if so where's the saving?
    parcel motel are free delivery service my mother uses parcel motel link with her Amazon account and she never had pay for delivery service and she lives in ireland. i cant wait use all my zelda amiibos for hyrule warriors in may, without parcel motel link with her Amazon account would cost you €10 Amazon are english company they charge 5£-7£ delivery service to ireland but with parcel motel the delivery service is free. skyrim and botw use all amiibos all zelda amiibos, all mario amiibos, fire emblem amiibos etc.

• Advertisement

parcel motel are free delivery service my mother uses parcel motel link with her Amazon account and she never had pay for delivery service and she lives in ireland. i cant wait use all my zelda amiibos for hyrule warriors in may, without parcel motel link with her Amazon account would cost you €10 Amazon are english company they charge 5£-7£ delivery service to ireland but with parcel motel the delivery service is free. skyrim and botw use all amiibos all zelda amiibos, all mario amiibos, fire emblem amiibos etc.

It's €3.95 for every parcel motel delivery. If your order is over £25 on Amazon you get free delivery to Ireland.

Advertisement