Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    UK.

You weren't specific, plus I've no idea is stores here ever stocked them, seeing as they were available at retail or can only be that the Rep of Irl shops just don't bother getting them in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You weren't specific, plus I've no idea is stores here ever stocked them, seeing as they were available at retail or can only be that the Rep of Irl shops just don't bother getting them in

This is an Irish forum. So stuff in the UK is great an all but irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Cloud Player 2 from CeX earlier for €18 pity it's the advent children version I want Old Guard Cloud

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is an Irish forum. So stuff in the UK is great an all but irrelevant.

Belfast is up the road, on the island of Ireland.
    And not everyone using the forum is either Irish or living in Ireland.
    It's irrelevant to you, that's all.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Belfast is up the road, on the island of Ireland.
    And not everyone using the forum is either Irish or living in Ireland.
    It's irrelevant to you, that's all.

Up the road :pac::pac::pac: It's still the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Newry is about an hour up the road from Liffey Valley on a saturday. That's about how long it takes me to drive home from work. Good luck getting to Cork in that time. (from liffey valley. Not from your house in cork.)

Yeah. It's up the road.
    And it's the UK for now - Right Boris? *wink wink*

Up the road :pac::pac::pac: It's still the UK.

Doesn't matter, shops can get them in.
    Your initial point was that they haven't stocked them in ages.
    If shops local to you don't then complain to the manager.

If you have issues with the island of Ireland versus the partitioned state and your ability to go across the border to buy an Amiibo just read Banjos post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm in Donegal and the nearest shop that would sell Amiibo to my home would be in Tyrone

Banjo wrote: »
    Newry is about an hour up the road from Liffey Valley on a saturday. That's about how long it takes me to drive home from work. Good luck getting to Cork in that time. (from liffey valley. Not from your house in cork.)

Yeah. It's up the road.
    And it's the UK for now - Right Boris? *wink wink*

Its up the road for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Its up the road for you.

Is it down the road for you? Do you live on an oil rig? Do you have your own helicopter? What's your callsign when you're entering a new zone of air control, do you get to pick it yourself or is it assigned? If only Game in Belfast had a helipad you'd be sorted but then I suppose we'd never have found out about your cool North sea hangout, so silver linings, eh?

(Translation : it's up the road for a lot of people, so really all you've done is undermine your own position which depends as heavily on subjectivity as mine, but has less percentage of the population in its corner. But i wanna talk about helichoppers, that's more fun - chukkachukkachukkachukka waaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooong)

• Advertisement

Only CeX in Newry stocks amiibo no GAME there now, one in Craigavon one in Lisburn and a fair few in Belfast one in Bangor too I believe mostly though they're reservation only for Amiibo if they do have any on the shelf it'll be few and far between.

Belfast has a few spots Smithfield market and Cash Concertors can have a few gems I'll be going up at the end of the month to hunt for stuff.

I think this dead horse has been well and truly beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

New amiibo out yesterday, anyone get them? Got all 4 for myself: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Link’s Awakening Link, and Snaaaaaaake. Top quality as always. And Link is very shiny and polished looking.

Just link very disappointed with what he does but very intrigued to see it.

Bloody travesty from Link's Awakening amiibo support on a whole worst since Xenoblade and Shulk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

More Super Smash Bros. series amiibo are on the way! Dark Samus and Richter Belmont amiibo join the battle on 17th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Ive the Simon and Dark Zelda Pre Ordered since 20 Jun 2019, yet it's new news on Nintendo sites this week, strange.

Anyways 15 Zelda amiibo arrived today from Nintendo UK. Sweet. Gave all 21 of them now boxed along with duplicate of my fav ones on display. Majoras mask one, toon links and BoTW ones all very cool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

kevin2me wrote: »
    Ive the Simon and Dark Zelda Pre Ordered since 20 Jun 2019, yet it's new news on Nintendo sites this week, strange.

Anyways 15 Zelda amiibo arrived today from Nintendo UK. Sweet. Gave all 21 of them now boxed along with duplicate of my fav ones on display. Majoras mask one, toon links and BoTW ones all very cool

Gave me a fright there when you said Dark Zelda, thought I'd missed that! I presume you meant Dark Samus :P.

Got the Archer and Rider from BOTW myself as duplicates.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭nemes1s

Does anybody know why GameStop haven’t got chrom up for preorder?

nemes1s wrote: »
    Does anybody know why GameStop haven’t got chrom up for preorder?

Beats me, but the next 3 are all available on Amazon so I ordered them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Corholio wrote: »
    Gave me a fright there when you said Dark Zelda, thought I'd missed that! I presume you meant Dark Samus :P.

Got the Archer and Rider from BOTW myself as duplicates.

Yup dark Samus, face palm!!

Archer is probably the coolest one, I got the large 4 figures one if it too on a whim and it was a great buy as it looks fab!

All 24 Zeldas Whoop, 5 are behind others and 7 duplicates hiding top as well.

494812.jpg

AF1QipOnpfgD4Th1nk-yC4wnY9IksALPyPt9pJp8rXur

8MSTLGw2sEoCPm5x5

• Advertisement

Got Dark Samus and Richter today. Dark Samus is a thing of beauty, the colours almost have a surreal iridescent quality. Anyone else still collecting these? Looking forward to hearing announcements for the Smash Ultimate DLC fighters amiibo (well I do hope they get release dates confirmed for this year anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Im being very subjective about what I buy. Currently only have about 5 or so but plan on getting a few more from different franchises to decorate my games room. Thinking of getting Ken, Pacman and Snake.
    All the amiibo I have are zelda related but I have sonic and Mario figurines from other manufacturers. So not gonna bother with their amiibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Purchases made.
    Edit: tried putting up a photo but no joy. Got Ryu and Snake. £10 each. Free delivery. Happy out.

Recently bought Chrom and Celica for €20 each they do very little in three houses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Super Smash Bros Ultimate amiibo for DLC fighters Joker and Hero will be available starting 2nd October. amiibo have come a long way in quality since the first wave.

Edit: NOE have announced that these amiibo will be available here earlier than the US, starting on 25th September.

New amiibo incoming! Byleth, Banjo Kazooie and Terry Bogard. Can’t wait for Banjo Kazooie, looks perfect. banjo_kazooie_amiibo.jpg?w=768

https://mynintendonews.com/2020/10/03/banjo-kazooie-byleth-and-terry-amiibo-announced-for-2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Cat Mario and Cat Peach Double Pack amiibo (Super Mario Collection) up for pre order on nintendo store

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/cat-mario-and-cat-peach-double-pack-amiibo-super-mario-collection/12706621.html

johnf26 wrote: »
    Cat Mario and Cat Peach Double Pack amiibo (Super Mario Collection) up for pre order on nintendo store

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/cat-mario-and-cat-peach-double-pack-amiibo-super-mario-collection/12706621.html

Yeah got them preordered on Amazon for £29.99.

amiibo Cat Mario and Cat Peach (Nintendo Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HGC6YDF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_6bGEFb942ZCXS

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Would anyone know where to pre-order the three new monster hunter amiibo and the mario/peach cat?

Amazon cancelled my mario/peach cat pre order last week I presume over Brexit.

Then I had to cancel the monster hunter pre order on nintendo.co.uk as parcel motel are closed and nintendo don't deliver directly to Ireland.

Are there any alternatives?

• Advertisement

Would anyone know where to pre-order the three new monster hunter amiibo and the mario/peach cat?

Amazon cancelled my mario/peach cat pre order last week I presume over Brexit.

Then I had to cancel the monster hunter pre order on nintendo.co.uk as parcel motel are closed and nintendo don't deliver directly to Ireland.

Are there any alternatives?

I reordered the Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibos from Amazon, just slightly more expensive with the vat difference now. And the Magnamalo amiibo can be got by preordering the Monster Hunter Rise Collector’s Edition from GameStop (which I’ve noticed has gone up in price from €79.99 to €99.99 :().

Advertisement