Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bike Crash - Insurance comp? WTF

• 12-11-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi I crashed my bike (not my fault :) Someone pulled out in front of me and I T-Boned them...I was down to about 20km but still bent the fork back in and the frame (Long front bars) bent back slightly 1/2 inch so they are righting it off.

I'm here to ask for Advise on compensation, The guys insurance company admitted lieability but it feels like they are trying to rip me one all the same (First time dealing with Insurance claims so maybe this s&^t is normal?)

THe Bike was bought in 2009 for €8500 from Harley, I added another €2000 in parts

Power commander (+ Auto tune kit)
    Sissy bar, passenger pegs, Large seat
    K&N air filter
    Highway Pegs, New Pipes

So Let's say 10,500 in Total (If we can?, Do the value the extras put on)

They are offering €4000 five years later? Does this seem reasonable?
    or €3000 + the bike back

I could repair it, Do people pull the frame here for a small distortion or is that a NO NO

Pics here

normal start(h t t p - New user no links) + s679.photobucket.com/user/magnethead123/library/Bike#/user/magnethead123/library/Bike?page=1&_suid=1415793878779046561007772105667

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

They need to put you back in the position you were before the accident. They should be paying you the market value of the bike and your extras. Forget about what is was worth 5 years ago, what's the bike worth today? As in, what will it cost you to get another one in similar condition, mileage etc.

Send them some examples of similar bikes for sale if you think their value is way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭magnethead

Thanks, for the advice

Mod, please delete this thread as it's a DUPLICATE

sorry about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

3 k + bike sound an awful lot beter than 4k on its own

Advertisement