Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 different IBANs same account?

Options
  • 12-11-2014 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there, I used the BoI online system to generate an IBAN for my current account;  I notice it is different to that on my printed statement.  Is it normal to have 2 different IBANs valid for the same account?  My original branch closed last year and the account was moved to 125 O'Connell St Limerick.. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi ghum, 

Thank you for getting in contact and welcome to Boards.ie. 

As your branch has closed and was merged with 125 O'Connell Street your sort code will have changed. Generally this does not affect your account in any way however, it would certainly explain why you are seeing 2 different IBAN numbers. 

We can confirm here that the sort code for your new branch is 90-43-09 and the BIC is BOFIIE2D. You can use these details along with your account number to generate the up to date IBAN for you account. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ghum

ghum wrote: »
    Hi there, I used the BoI online system to generate an IBAN for my current account;  I notice it is different to that on my printed statement.  Is it normal to have 2 different IBANs valid for the same account?  My original branch closed last year and the account was moved to 125 O'Connell St Limerick.. 
    Thanks, are both IBANs valid? 

Hi ghum, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Yes, both IBAN's are valid however, we would always recommend that you generate the IBAN with your new sort code as this will ensure that they are no undue delays with applying any transfers. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine  

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ghum

OK thanks Elaine, will use the 'online' version so.. :-)

You're more than welcome ghum, 

Thanks for posting today. And if you need any assistance in the future, just let us know. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement
Advertisement