If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE506400 or Sony KDL50W829

Options
  • 12-11-2014 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for prices and advice on the above two TV's. I'm concerned about the availability of articulating wall mounts for the Sonys I believe they are not VESA compatible. Also do your Sonys come with the free soundbar?
    I live in Dublin.

The best  have seen is 949 for the Sony with Soundbar & 729 for the Samsung

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mumm_ra wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for prices and advice on the above two TV's. I'm concerned about the availability of articulating wall mounts for the Sonys I believe they are not VESA compatible. Also do your Sonys come with the free soundbar?
    I live in Dublin.

The best  have seen is 949 for the Sony with Soundbar & 729 for the Samsung
    Hi Mumm-Ra,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately both TV's are in really short supply at the moment - the Sony KDL50W829 is currently €969.99 including delivery, Soundbar and a 5 year warranty - it uses its own bracket which is a bit cumbersome and not suitable for an articulated wall bracket - however if you do purchase the bracket from us we can supply a Sanus adaptor free of charge which allows you to use the Sanus range ( they are really the best brackets around) to wall mount the Sony 7 / 8 series - if you would like a package price on a 50W829 and a bracket just drop us a line or a post.

The UE50H6400 is actually now a finished line for us - if you are looking at the Pixmania price on their 50H6400 you should note that this is not a UK/Ireland Samsung and it does not have the same tuners on-board - it has a DVB-T tuner ( the UK/Irish spec has a DVB-T2 tuner) and it also does not have the Freesat HD EPG on board - Pixmania do state this on their website:

This television is an imported item. Click to learn more: UK residents / IE residents.

However unfortunately the link that explains the consequences doesn't work ( and hasn't worked for weeks now on any product that I've checked out!)

We do also have the KDL55W829 which is excellent value at £849.95 / €1099.99 - again including delivery / Soundbar and 5 year warranty:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200597-bravia-kdl55w829.aspx

on the same theme we also have the Samsung in 55" version - again its excellent value at €1099.99:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200299-ue55h6400.aspx

This deal includes delivery / 5 year warranty / Free Samsung WAM250

The other TV to look at is the stunning Panasonic TX50As650 - great value at just €899.99:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200553-viera-tx50as650b.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mumm_ra

Hi John thanks for the reply it was very helpful - I think I have made my mind up on the sony kdl50w829. As I said, due to the position the tv will be in the room I need an articulating arm. I had a look at your Sanus range and I think the SANUS vmf322 b1 cantilever would do the trick - is this suitable? (The tv will be flush on the wall when not being used but will need to turn 45 degrees when needed) 

If there is a more suitable solution any advise is appreciated

If it is suitable can you give me your best package deal including delivery

Hi John thanks for the reply it was very helpful - I think I have made my mind up on the sony kdl50w829. As I said, due to the position the tv will be in the room I need an articulating arm. I had a look at your Sanus range and I think the SANUS vmf322 b1 cantilever would do the trick - is this suitable? (The tv will be flush on the wall when not being used but will need to turn 45 degrees when needed) 

If there is a more suitable solution any advise is appreciated

If it is suitable can you give me your best package deal including delivery
    Hi again Mumm,

the Sanus brackets are really excellent!

Here is a link to a vid on the VMF322:
    http://player.vimeo.com/video/70126831?autoplay=1&api=1

We can do that package with the KDL50W829 and the correct Sanus Sony Vesa adaptor plate at €1139.99 - the only issue at the moment is that stock is scarce - and at the moment I don't have a definite incoming date :(

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John it's a pity you don't have stock as I want to buy over the next couple of weeks. I'm a bit confused on your price as the SANUS VMF322 B1 CANTILEVER 32-50" BRACKET is 129 ( free adaptor if both together) on your site and you quoted the tv @ 970 - that's 1100 but you quoted the package @ 1139.99?

Do you know how long the free soundbar deal goes on for as I want to avail of this.

Thanks John it's a pity you don't have stock as I want to buy over the next couple of weeks. I'm a bit confused on your price as the SANUS VMF322 B1 CANTILEVER 32-50" BRACKET is 129 ( free adaptor if both together) on your site and you quoted the tv @ 970 - that's 1100 but you quoted the package @ 1139.99?

Do you know how long the free soundbar deal goes on for as I want to avail of this.
    Mumm,

yes you are in luck as the prices have moved in your favour and the total retail is now €1089 including, 5 year TV guarantee, Soundbar & delivery, as the TV has reduced in price.

On stock - we do have a small quantity coming in next week if you did want to order,

Many thanks again and please drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi just looking at your website - the KDL55W829 is listed @ €899 - does this include a Soundbar also? if so can you quote me for this and a suitable Sanus articulating wall bracket with delivery to Dublin 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi just looking at your website - the KDL55W829 is listed @ €899 - does this include a Soundbar also? if so can you quote me for this and a suitable Sanus articulating wall bracket with delivery to Dublin 
    Hi Mumm_ra.

Unfortunately there seems to be a little error on some Euro pricing on our .ie website.

This screen is priced at £899.00 and does include the soundbar. However it has now been made an in store only purchase and can not be shipped.
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/tv/tv---all/pah012029

A sanus bracket to fit this screen would be the SANUS VLF311 B2 which is priced at £149.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-brackets/sanus/vlf311-b2/sanu-vlf-311b2

Let me know what you think. Any questions please ask.

Kenny - not quite the case - there are a few models that have moved several times over the last couple of days to react to market pricing:

Initially the 55W829 was reduced to €899.99 - without a bar - then it moved to €1099.99, with sound-bar then €1169.99, again with sound-bar - and its just about to move again to €1169.00 ( again with sound-bar!)

All our Euro pricing include delivery anywhere in Ireland ( unless they are specifically 'Call & Collect' in-store only deals )

Can I have a job selling something slightly more stable please??

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.