Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to test an underground automatic gate motor ?

Options
  • 12-11-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a set of life ergo automatic gates. Water ingressed into the boxes, and the bearings were gone, so a friend replaced them for me. Assemble the kit back, but the gate still won't operate. his opinion is that it's not mechanical but electrical(ie motor) and that there's a bit of heat off of it (this may be down to multiple attempts to open the gate).

My question is, is there a way to test the motor to see if it's damaged ? and if so, can these motors normally be rewound/repaired ?

I've placed manuals below

Thanks,
    Gijoo.

English Manual
    http:
    //idama.cz/data/soubory/navod/mech/ERG0_GB.pdf

'Motor Levels www.
    svet-pohonu.cz/svet-pohonu/pohony/prilohy/m-c.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

Capacitors might be blown at the control panel.. probably 2x capacitors in control panel you could check these visually first see if any bulges are visable... second thing is yes the motors can be checked by using a multimeter to check the resistance of the windings also if their is any break down on the insulation of the windings can alsk be checked..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gijoo

Thanks Bucky08 -

Q1. Can the motors be checked at the control panel or does it have to be at the motor itself ?
    Theres a bit of work to disconnect the gate armage, and open the unit up, in order to get at the motor.

Q2. I took the cover off the control box to see the control board, and spotted the 2 Capacitors in the top RHS. They're bolted in at the top, with 2 red wires to LHS one and 2 black wires to RHS one. There's connectors clamping the wires onto to capacitor legs.
    Can these be tested as they are or have I to disconnect them. I'll be using a digital multimeter ?

The control board is actually a CAME ZA3 Control board, not a LIFE Ergo one.

Thanks,
    GiJoo.

Advertisement