Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy rain,Strong Winds In East & Flooding Overnight Thurs 13th /Friday 14th November

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

So I think it's safe to assume that this won't be swinging inland as mentioned earlier?

Edit: just saw the post above mine!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Coles wrote: »
    The Met Eireann short range forecast seems to have shunted the rainfall even further west with the worst of it heading in a line along Cork-Limerick-Galway-Ballina.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/short-range.asp

To me the radar indicates differently? Western flank of the rain band (i.e. up along the east coast) really seem to have intensified out of very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Looking at satellite loop and radar i think a line from cork up to louth will be the worst effected from this wave.

Shall be interesting to see how long the lightning stays active for
    http://www.sat24.com/en/eu?ir=true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looking at the ECM, I'd say most places will see a good 6-7 hours of rain overnight though some areas will obviously get more than others.

141113_1200_15.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain's back (here in south Dublin). As heavy as anything earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

Your local LiveATC feeder (me), confirms, heavy rain in Knocklyon @ J12 M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Its all kicked off in N Waterford.... its milling down!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

I would guess that tonight it will go over 100mm for November so far here in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Atlas air 747 changing course and advoiding cloud tops/cells off the south coast

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jenny rennie

Nothing at the minute in Kilkenny city. The nore was very flooded already tonight.

• Advertisement

Some intense stuff showing up way off to the south off the French coast now. A long night of rain ahead. The lack of rain to the left of that is just due to it being at the edge of radar coverage.

mohMhfC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

As usual the hirlam model looks correct with heaviest rain further west than previously predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

And the torrents have started again now near Dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

A couple of pics from South Dublin this afternoon.

-Waterfall at Loughlinstown Hospital

328271.JPG

-Shanganagh River

328272.JPG

-Flood defences/"premium" rental homes

328273.JPG

-Shanganagh River

328274.JPG

-And what it normally looks like at the same spot

328275.JPG

30.5 mm so far today on waterfordcityweather.com, so wettest day of the year for that station now. And still bucketing down...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Absolutely torrential rain in Swords at the mo. Pelting off the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Very quiet in this area of West Limerick at the moment. Hope it's not going to pour down and keep us awake all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Noah's ark in south dublin ☔️☔️☔️☔️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Chucking it down in Lusk, north county Dublin. Blakes Cross has flooded the whole way over for anyone who might need to drive that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

iora_rua wrote: »
    Very quiet in this area of West Limerick at the moment. Hope it's not going to pour down and keep us awake all night.

Heavy rain here again in South Dublin, windows are open and the sound is very relaxing to me. I'll sleep soundly tonight. Dead calm nights are the ones that keep me awake :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

iora_rua wrote: »

Nothing quiet like being tucked up in bed listening to it lashing outside...Off to sleep like a baby in no time:)

Rain starting to get Heavy in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Sounds incredibly heavy for frontal rain in north Dublin. This would strike me as a potentially troublesome event for many. The orange warning is well warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Heavy rain here in North Dublin, up from moderate 30 minutes a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Been watching this for the last hour waiting for Ireland to disappear.:o

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Update from Met Eireann
    13 November 2014 23:14

Heavy rain in all areas overnight with localised flooding and a possibility of thunder. It will become very windy for a time in east Munster, east Leinster and much of Ulster with very strong and gusty southeast winds. Lowest temperatures of 5 to 7 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not a drop of rain in Castlebar in the last 12 hours or so and barely a breeze, so jealous looking through these posts!

Eastern half of the country getting the worst of it for now anyway.

zUku3vG.png

HIRLAM's forecast for midnight. It's a bit off.

GTKhEnM.gif

The rain in Waterford now sounds heavier than this morning. Flooding will be bad tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Rumble of thunder just now in wicklow

• Advertisement

Rain nowhere near as Heavy as today's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement